Personal Dolphin Experiences | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Personal Dolphin Experiences

BLITZKRIEG said:
I was at a Phinz function in downtown Ft. Lauderdale a couple of years ago, and met Phinz OG B. Kuechenberg that night, along with a few other players...

I found myself conversing with Bob the most, and handed him one of my bussiness cards before leaving. The next week, I was at work {I own a local kitchen company}, and in pops Bob out of nowhere. As it happens, he's in the construction business on some kind of level, and he was curious if my company would be interested in doing some work for him in Miami beach. I did go with him to do some measuring, and to give him a bid on the work. It never came of anything as far as work is concerned, but only because the scale of the job was too big for my company. What an opportunity!!!

It was the coolest experience I've ever had with any Phinz player. But that's just the start of it....

To make things even cooler, he came back to my showroom about a month later wearing his 1972 Miami Dolphins Undefeated Season Super Bowl Ring. He took it off, looked at me and said, "Here, check it out". I was in complete shock, and almost fainted from excitement. Here I was, just your ordinary avid Phinz fan, hanging with Bob Kuechenberg, and holding his 1972 Undefeated Season Super Bowl Ring in the palm of my hand. What a great day!!!....I'll never, ever forget it. One of the coolest days in my life....

I still see Bob occasionally at different Phinz functions, and he always says hello to me. He's one of the nicest, and most approachable players I've ever met. One hell of a guy if you ask me, and I hope he gets inducted into the HOF soon. If anyone deserves to be among the current Phinz HOF's, he's one of them, no doubt about it!!!...

Thanks for the great memories Bob!!!....You Rule!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

How can we influence getting Bob in? You are right! He deserves it.

Oh yeah and one time, I was at a Bar and these guys kept asking me for my autograph. I thought maybe I looked like someone famous.
Come to find out it was cause I had on a dolphins hat and it was Bledsoe and Moulds wanting a real PLAYAS autograph.

kbeath said:
Oh yeah and one time, I was at a Bar and these guys kept asking me for my autograph. I thought maybe I looked like someone famous.
Come to find out it was cause I had on a dolphins hat and it was Bledsoe and Moulds wanting a real PLAYAS autograph.
weak...just weak :goof:

I never actually met Dan, but I like to drive by his place a lot and just think about him. Sometimes when he put out his trash on Mondays or Thursdays except for holidays, I would steal it. Whenever I found, like, broken sunglasses or old boxers and stuff in the trash I would put them on and then I could be Dan for a while. Then someone at Dan's house -- not Dan, cuz I know he wouldn't do this -- started spraying the trash with some noxious chemical stuff that makes my room smell really gross and my mom says to get rid of the stuff but I just put it somewhere else in the basement. Now when I try to get the trash men in cars chase me but they're not Dan.

My great uncle's son is neighbors with a guy who is friends with Dan Marino! (seriously)

Never been to the state of Florida... actually the first game I ever attended was the Fins Buffalo game in Buffalo last year (hell of a time). Closest I can honestly say I've been to a Fin was in 6th grade. My spanish teacher Mrs. Crespo was from Miami and went down there on holidays. After Christmas break, she came back from Miami and said some guy named Webb who was some sort of athlete that she met (I think at the bar... she didn't specify) was asking her to go out. She didn't know who he was, but found out from her family (avid Dolphins fans) that she missed her chance at a millionare.

Most of you know about this, but i'll say it anyway. I've met every single one of the 2003 Miami Dolphins, except Oronde Gadsden. Seau sent me an autographed 8 X 10 photo of me and him (the same pic is on Juniors Foundation website, it lists me as a scholarship recipient fromt the Waitt Foundation). Here's the link Me and Junior . He also sent me the first card of him as a Fin autographed by him. The entire team autographed a full size regulation ball (the autographable type.....3/4 white). I had my picture taken with quite a few of them, i'll post them if I can. As I mentioned in another thread, the Huizenga family lives here in my hometown...pretty cool.

I live in Tucson Arizona. Last year as you all remember I am sure, the Dolphins played the San Diego Chargers on Monday Night Football. Me and some friends had been planning a road trip to go about 6 months prior to the game. Well, when we finally made it to San Diego the entire city was on fire. After hours of dead ends and getting lost we finally made it to out hotel room only to find out from ESPN that the game had been moved to Phoenix (only 100 miles from where our journey began). After 12 hours of driving we were all hungry and noticed that "Seau's" resturaunt was across the street from our hotel. So of course we went expecting to have a good time atleast and to watch the Bills get smashed by the Chiefs on Sunday Night Football.
THE ENTIRE MIAMI DOLPHINS FOOTBALL TEAM was there. I was running in circles and doing cartwheels. I saw everyone, shook some hands and cried. In short, I drove 1,200 miles in 24 hours, made it back to Phoenix a half an hour before kick off the next day, and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I BLEED ORANGE AND TURQUOISE.

Back
Top Bottom