Peter King: Joe Philbin Story...Impressive | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King: Joe Philbin Story...Impressive

the tragic irony of this is the fact that the Philbin's were coming to Miami anyway... Michael was to be a new student at The U. he was excited about becoming a Cane. his dad becoming HC of the Dolphins... they all must have thought it was a dream. then the nightmare. now the phoenix. i think we all want this story to be written with all of them, very soon - standing on a podium, hoisting the Lombardi... hugging each other... confetti... flashbulbs... joy... tears... slo-mo fade...

I did not know his son was going to Miami good find. I know his son would want to go quite a ways from the area since he got in all that trouble there

I know it's off topic but SCREW Fisher. The right choice was the guy who wanted to come here all along.
Both the coach and the fan base have some healing to do and this is a guy we all can get behind for a change.

"All people suffer loss. When you lose someone, it's part of life, but you have to be resilient. You have to take the bad things and difficult times and turn them into good, and that's what we will do. And we'll do it with the Miami Dolphin family."
-- Diane Philbin, wife of new Miami coach Joe Philbin, as the Dolphins named Philbin the 10th coach in club history on Saturday, eight days after the Philbin family laid one of their six children, Michael, to rest after he drowned in Wisconsin.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...er.bowl.xlvi.matchup/index.html#ixzz1kKqMWCkk

Great read - thanks for posting this one, and all the others the past few weeks.

The thing I like so much about this article is that all of these guys were affected so profoundly by Philbin. People, especially athletes tend to gravitate to leaders that not only are charismatic, but are also effective. No matter how good of a talker you are, you don't generate that kind of respect without being good at your job as well. The respect doesn't come without the results.

That is what is most exciting for me.

After reading the article, I have to say he seems to have the same personality as our great Don Shula. Great person first and foremost, loyal and his players want to play for him. That is a huge intangible. Hopefully he has the same success as Coach Shula had. Exciting times for us Finatics..

Just give my team some goddamn respectability again. I'm happy we have a likeable guy as coach but I want some wins as quickly as possible. This team has some good pieces but just needs that kick in the *** to pull this franchise from the lull we've been dragging in.

Great article. Just more confirmation that not only is Philbin a career-influencer who has succeeded at each progressive level of responsibility, but also that he's a high character person who builds lifetime bonds of respect and affection. Birk's comments paralleled those recently made by Aaron Rodgers about Philbin playing a large part in both his professional -and personal development.

I think we ended up with a special HC; someone who intellectually can figure out how to succeed rather than merely stumbling around on instincts and hoping for the best. I am totally stoked.

Very well said, Vaark!

Back
Top Bottom