Pff grades | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pff grades

I don't think he meant anything by it, as it is, i'm seeing a lot of stuff in this post we could both laugh about.

Hopefully he can keep it up, but this is pretty much what he did all last season.....solid game, crap game, solid game, crap game with some streaks thrown in.

He was absolutely awful games 1-3. I thought against the Titans he put forth his best overall game as a Dolphin.

His hit and forced fumble on Matt Cassell changed the entire game for Miami. Without that play, it's likely a loss.

Defensive players who can make game changing plays are very valuable in an NFL so heavily tilted toward offense (except maybe in Miami).

I can't tell you how many lbs either lead with no shoulder or lead with the wrong one.

It is an absolute skill. More than just this is my gap stuff too it's taking pre to post snap and making in game play real time adjustments to always end up leading with the correct shoulder.

What defines a specific shoulder as the "right" shoulder?

Unfortunately that same site graded him a 54.7 heading into the Titans game ... and 51.6 last season, good for 49th among linebackers.

I never understood the lack of love for Kiko. He was and is clearly better than most of the options we've had in the past several years.

One thing overlooked in all of this the effect Timmons playing had on the defense. They looked like a different defense with him lined up.

And one more thing can we please give Jones credit for being a super-star. He's just been playing lights out ball also.

I was shocked after signing back up last year to hear Kiko was such an issue on finheaven. He's not perfect but maybe help was needed. Donald Butler and Spencer Paysinger aren't exactly Lawrence Timmons. Yes Jones is a total Super-Star!! Timmons is a beast. He brings a whole new physicality to the lbing corp that we haven't seen in awhile. Very good signing IMO. 2 yr 11 mil isn't much in today's NFL for a good veteran Lber who still has it. The Steelers were wrong for thinking old age has caught up. Alonso and Timmons make the best pair of Lbers we've had since idk when. Gotta give credit when it's due just as much as some hate on him. For as sad as our Offense has been playing, our Lbers and Dline has been awesome especially against the run. Unfortunately, we play ATL this week so we probably won't be able to harass the QB all day like terrible Cassel. Gase better swallow his pride if Cutler has another day like the past 3 games. What happened after week 1? Fooled me that's for sure.

His hit and forced fumble on Matt Cassell changed the entire game for Miami. Without that play, it's likely a loss.

Defensive players who can make game changing plays are very valuable in an NFL so heavily tilted toward offense (except maybe in Miami).

Ya it's almost certainly a loss. The guy played fantastic. Now he needs to focus on what he did right and leave the bad habits in the past. Yes, game changing plays are what differentiate the greats from really good. (not saying Kiko is great lol)

Give me 11 players with Kiko's heart, I give you a championship defense.

Unfortunately that same site graded him a 54.7 heading into the Titans game ... and 51.6 last season, good for 49th among linebackers.
So.... he can’t have a good game? Or what? Be happy he did. Jesus

All last season and early this season I kept saying ... let's see how Kiko does when he is surrounded by competent LB mates. Let's see how he does when the veteran's are healthy and he doesn't have to do it all; when he can concentrate on his role and assignment. Well, we're starting to see that ... and the kid is playing quite well. This is the type of play we wanted when we coveted him his rookie year in Buffalo. This is the type of play we wanted when he came over from Philadelphia. The sacks and tackles are nice ... but forcing fumbles ... that's what makes me happy. Keep on generating takeaways Kiko ... it's what our defense desperately needs. Kiko does it, Wake does it ... now if only we could find some other players to chip in a little bit.

PFF is as accurate as the matrix Jeff Ireland used to grade his draft picks.

Just needs the reps at LT, he spent his rookie year at LG which slowed his development.

Back
Top Bottom