PFF top ten steals of the draft.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF top ten steals of the draft....

A lot of posters point to his grabby hands and poor tackling.

The poor tackling, I'm not so sure.

Either way, at 6'1" 200lbs running a 4.4 forty, this guy is a tremendous prospect.

He averages one to two holding calls per game. I think you live with that if he's holding opposing QB's to a 40ish rating in his area.

I was thinking along the same lines as you. I'm not sure about the tackling, he seemed sound on film that I saw, but the comments by the experts worry me. On the grabbing I guess it matters on the timing of the calls. Devastating when it prolongs the drive on a third down and the good defensive shutdown, but then again if it's only 5 yards sometimes you can survive it.
I guess the bottom line is you wouldn't want your whole secondary playing the same way, but maybe with one you can live with it.

Howard's strength (like Tankersley) is being physical at the LOS, press technique, and recovery which would be negated in the slot. Both are perimeter corners.

That would be a welcome change. Press instead of playing off. I saw a lot of playing too far off at the line of scrimmage

Back
Top Bottom