PFT : "Jags Interested in O-GUN" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT : "Jags Interested in O-GUN"

If Ogun sits it out wouldn't it be almost certain that he's gone next year? If so the fins will get nothing for him.

If Miami were to trade the Prince, 1. How much would they be on the hook for salary cap wise? (i.e. what would the cap hit be--his measly qualifying offer which is just over 400K?), and 2. What, at this point, would be adequate compensation? Keep in mind that the Jags are a team that showed vast improvement during the second half of last year and if that trend continues could easily pick in the lower half (or even third) of the draft.

There would be no cap hit for the fins.
I would think the lowest would be a 1st rd pick, but i think more would be needed.

How about Jay and Wally for Leftwitch? :roflmao: Jay could go back to his roots....As long as he goes somewhere else IMHO.
Really though I would take nothing less than a 1st rounder. Do thay have any depth at WR? That could be inticing also. A WR and 2nd rounder.

Trade him away for a first next year and save space to sign chambers and mcmichael

Isn't he a RFA? If so, and the Dolphins don't match the Jags offer, the Dolphins would get a draft pick next year in the same round that Ogunleye was initially drafted.

This is the thing with RFAs. If given 2 players of equal value, if one was drafted in, say, the 6th round, he is far more attractive than a RFA drafted in the 1st round.

Or has the signing period that other teams can sign him, passed?

The time for RFA is over. He is an exclusive dolphins player unless they release his rights. The deadline for RFA was before the draft.

P.S. Pats suck

The date for an offer from another team for his RFA status has long since passed (it is before the draft due to draft pick compensation obviously)

If O-Gun were to be traded he'd have to sign his deal and then re-work it or agree to another deal with the new team before he can be traded since he's not currently under any type of contract.

If O-Gun does what he is talking about we would have to franchise him or lose him for nothing yes.

We can tag O-Gun and trade him for a 1st ala Peerless Price and the Jills, then make Chambers our transition player such as the Chiefs did with Tait. Chambers would then be entitled to at least the avg. salary of the top-10 paid WR's and we have right of first refusal on his new deal.

Since we want to keep Chambers anyway, I'd go with this and then simply match anydeal he gets on the market.

We get the first for O-Gun and hopefully trade him quickly to get that money off the books to then match any and all offers for Chambers.

Trade him away for a first next year and save space to sign chambers and mcmichael

It wouldn't be the end of the world. It kind of embodies that whole spend money on defense or offense thing.

We could take the draft pick and use it to replenish ourselves on the DL, either at LDE or at DT to replace Tim Bowens. Or, we could stick with the OL theme but I would caution against that. If the Jags gave us a first round pick and it ended up being high, we should definitely consider a QB if there are good ones coming out (I thought I heard someone say the next QB class was going to be crappy though...)

If that did end up happening though that would suck because we could have stayed at pick #20 and picked up that LDE that fell way too far due to injury concerns...and traded Ogunleye for offensive line help that might be ready to contribute quicker than Carey.

The only way that the Fins should trade O-GUN is for the 1st and 3rd...that is what we would have gotten if some else signed him.

Sign his azz before camp starts!

The QB class next year is simply brutal.

Andrew Walter and David Greene are the top guys going into this year with the lefty from USC Matt Linehart being a dark horse guy to jump up and be a high pick with another year like last year (Doubtful since he's lost both tackles and both WR's from last years team)

I would have loved not to trade that fourth to move up and take Carey when we could have traded that same pick for Welbourne. (Our pick was higher than the Chiefs so they obviously would have taken that one instead) If Carey goes we could have taken Udeze or Wilfork.

Oh well that horse is bruised and beaten.

It would take a first and a 3rd IMO next year. I would have gone for a first THIS year, but at this point, we

1. Missed the draft. Had they wanted him, they should have signed him earlier, giving us our due. Trading him now delays our compensation for a full year.

2. Not only would we have to wait, but we've also spent all this time tied up with his tender of 1.whatever million stopping us from pursuing more depth in the event of his absence.

The price goes up at this point, not down.

we should get the most we can for him now. No less than a first next year, but at least a first

I would have loved not to trade that fourth to move up and take Carey when we could have traded that same pick for Welbourne

The reason Welbourne cost such a low pick is because he wants to be paid like a super-star or something. He thinks he should get a deal bigger than the biggest deal given to any interior OL in the history of the game (Damian Woody). For that reason I wouldn't touch Welbourne with a ten foot pole.

Back
Top Bottom