PFT : "Jags Interested in O-GUN" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT : "Jags Interested in O-GUN"

I say trade him.The Dolphins can't afford to spend more money on the defense.

I would like to trade him for a 1st and 5th next year and a 3rd that could become a 2nd if he gets 8 sacks and a 1st if he leads the league in sacks.

If we could get a 1st rounder for him, then we could trade that pick or our original first rounder, depending on which one is higher, for a second rounder (to make up for the Feeley pick) and another lower round pick so we won't have to pay for 2 first round salaries and in the process recoup the picks we lost for 2005. 2 picks in the first round would not be too cap friendly for us.

I would think a 1st and conditional 5th would be great. The conditions being at 10 sacks it becomes a 4th and if he leads the league then its a 3rd. This doesnt seem to far out of reach IMO it protects the team in case Ogun doesnt produce but if he does it becomes very beneficial to us. If he led the league that would give us 2 1st's and 2 3rd's which I would hope we would trade down with one pick and add a 2nd and a 3rd. Thus giving us one first, one second, and three thirds, this is my ideal situation. Or if Lienhart(Sp) has another stellar year and Felley falters we can trade the 2 firsts for an upper pick and try to get him.

I think I would rather have Ogunleye here to be honest...hopefully he comes down on his contract demands thats all.

I would rather have Ogun as well, however I don't want him with a 10 million dollars signing bonus, unless his contract base is smaller.

I highly doubt the Jags are going to give up a first at this point. They know the situation the Fins are in with OGun, any thing the Fins get will be more then the nothing they will get next year(unless they franchise him). So actualy the Jags hold all the cards in this deal.

they can franchise Ogun , next year, and then trade him, so they team could get something back, but the cap space it´s the problem

I dont think this rumor is true because the Jags paid big money for Hugh Douglas last year and have Tony Brackens on the other side who is servicable as a 2nd DE.

I think the Fins have upper hand in this whole ordeal. However, is this team is going to make the playoffs and make the AFC Championship game. The Fins are going to need every quality player. And O-GUN will be a large piece on the puzzel, IMO. This grease ball agent is mucking things up. So I have no idea what is going to happen. I just hope we can get O-GUN signed before camp.

Phinzone said:
It would take a first and a 3rd IMO next year. I would have gone for a first THIS year, but at this point, we

1. Missed the draft. Had they wanted him, they should have signed him earlier, giving us our due. Trading him now delays our compensation for a full year.

2. Not only would we have to wait, but we've also spent all this time tied up with his tender of 1.whatever million stopping us from pursuing more depth in the event of his absence.

The price goes up at this point, not down.

As much as we'd like to see the price go up, that's completely unrealistic. Jacksonville is only waiting because they know both sides are desperate and therefore we have no leverage. I say if they offer a 1st rounder and 5th rounder, we should jump all over it.

I have also heard that the QB class was going to be crappy thats why Buff jumped out and got Loseman. However we need to do everything we can when CHRIS LEAK comes out to get him. This kid is going to be good just watch him this for Florida he is only a sophmore. I think we should resign Ogun but I don't want to lose the farm doing it. This guy is good we all know that but if it means losing Chambers and Mcmicheal let him go. But I think they will resign him.

I'm with C.K., I rather sign O-Gun. He is a very strong player opposite J.T. and when it gets down and dirty we're going to need him on our team. If not, rather than a draft choice for next year I'd rather see him traded for some excellent offensive star from another team to help us this year. It's THIS year I'm worried about. Win now!

the thing about the conditionals is that it will probably go in our favor. ogunleye would have douglas on the other side and each one would make each other perform better. i think a first rounder and maybe something else but just a first would be good. im really getting sick of wale and drew, i say get what we can out of him with a trade and let jacksonville deal with him. im confident bowens, grigsby, and williams can rotate in and together be just as much as a presence as ogunleye.

dreadlockera said:
How about Jay and Wally for Leftwitch? :roflmao: Jay could go back to his roots....As long as he goes somewhere else IMHO.
Really though I would take nothing less than a 1st rounder. Do thay have any depth at WR? That could be inticing also. A WR and 2nd rounder.
Not a chance I live by Jax and Del RIo is a Leftwich fanatic.

Back
Top Bottom