PFT : "Jags Interested in O-GUN" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT : "Jags Interested in O-GUN"

perhaps if we kidnap leftwich and brain wash him he will be our qb, and to make sure fiedler doesnt start ill throw dave into a river. yes,yes thats excellent (scutters off...)

FlyingElvis said:
This is the thing with RFAs. If given 2 players of equal value, if one was drafted in, say, the 6th round, he is far more attractive than a RFA drafted in the 1st round.

You'll never see an RFA drafted higher than the 3rd round. EFA, RFA and UFA status is all determined by the number of years in the league. 1st and 2nd round picks sign contracts long enough to take them into UFA status after their first contract.

If you guys could get a first for him, I think he would've been traded long ago. He's a risky player. If a team invests a top pick and alot of money in him. He will be expected to be their RDE. He will be going up against the Orlando Paces and the Jon Ogdens of the NFL instead of the RTs. He will not have Taylor on the other side to take on double teams. He's just a risky player... Nobody is going to give a huge contract and a 1st for him.....I could see a conditional pick that could become a first if he continues to perform as well he has been. When it comes to a guaranteed pick, I think you'd be lucky to get a 2nd.

VJ1252 said:
I dont think this rumor is true because the Jags paid big money for Hugh Douglas last year and have Tony Brackens on the other side who is servicable as a 2nd DE.

Unless he re-signed recently, Brackens should be a free agent. I know he visited the saints twice this offseason.

wait...be patient...training camp is near...exhibition games on the horizon, and several teams are an acl injury away from giving us a nice offer to fill a huge hole on their team...time, believe it or not is on our side and in the end we'll either sign him or trade him for fair market value

gordolphin said:
they can franchise Ogun , next year, and then trade him, so they team could get something back, but the cap space it´s the problem
If Ogun holds out, it would be stupid for Spielman to franchise Ogun. Ogun just came form a 15 sack season and yet no team even offered paying him top DE $. All the more he won't get franchise $ offers from other teams if he hasn't played most of the season.

If Spielman does not get Ogun to sign a contract , Ogun will be gone next year and the fins will not get anything. You can kiss that 1st and 4th (or whatever) goodbye. Then again, there's always Dan Snyder. :D

Justasportsfan said:
If Ogun holds out, it would be stupid for Spielman to franchise Ogun. Ogun just came form a 15 sack season and yet no team even offered paying him top DE $. All the more he won't get franchise $ offers from other teams if he hasn't played most of the season.

If Spielman does not get Ogun to sign a contract , Ogun will be gone next year and the fins will not get anything. You can kiss that 1st and 4th (or whatever) goodbye. Then again, there's always Dan Snyder. :D
There was a team or two that were willing to pay top DE$, Chicago being one of them.....what prevented the deal was the draft pick compensation. Nobody was willing to give up a 1st and 3rd IN ADDITION to that huge chunk of money. But, you are correct in that if he sits he wont get anywhere near as good an offer in 2005 as he would if he had played.

yankeehillbilly said:
But, you are correct in that if he sits he wont get anywhere near as good an offer in 2005 as he would if he had played.
If Kelsay or Denny does not pan out, he may want to come to Buffalo for less $ to get back at the fins for screwing him over. :D

Hey guys I question the Jax thing also. They have Douglas, Brackens, Spicer, drafted McCray from FLorida, and have some others. Spicer worked his butt of last year and deserves a shot and I believe they guy can play.

Back
Top Bottom