PFT: Moore frustrated after depth chart (a thread for Moore haters to gather) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Moore frustrated after depth chart (a thread for Moore haters to gather)

its hard to say that moore will absolutely be released cause the moneys so low...if he was making good money we wouldn't have a trade market for him though...teams would definitely just wait for him to be cut and sign him on the cheap...tough call...i just don't see us carrying 3 qbs...devlin it now looks like to me is ticketed for the p squad again...seems like we might be hiding that kid...i'd go into week 1 with garrard and tannehill as my active qbs and not think twice about it...provided garrard shows he can take a hit in the preseason...if he doesn't i'd cut garrard cause if he's not healthy he's useless

We should hold onto him until there is a camp injury. Why not wait until a team is desperate for a starter or a quality backup? He might also outplay Garrard in the Preseason or Garrard might get injured. I like Moore as a quality backup but that's it. He just doesn't have what it takes to be a consistent starter. You can say whatever you want about going 6-3 over the last 9 but he went 6-6 for the year. He also didn't beat a quality team and disappeared often in the 2nd half of games. I would wait till we're offered atleast a 5th that could conditionally become a 4th.

I don't think they would cut him, a trade is worth holding onto him.
Who's to say he's not worth more than a 4th to someone in need.

Let's just see if Garrad can make it through preseason without getting injured.....

What's wrong with being frustrated? The guy wants to start in this league .... if this article were about Tannehill everyone would be like "I love this competitive spirit."
It's different if you already know your place as Moore said, he was in the middle somewhere. I don't think frustrated should have been the word he used to describe what he feels after being named the #2...maybe motivated would have been better. Frustration leads to dissension and then to animosity...frustration indicates that he feels he should be the starter regardless of his performance or the performance of Garrard who has been outplaying him in practice so far. Moore has had good days in practice but Garrard has had more good days...the consistancy is critical for this coaching staff.

for all we know they may privately view tannehill ahead of moore anyways right now...could have tanny #3 on the depth chart to try and provoke a trade for matt moore...and if that's the case you definitely trade matt moore...if he was the #3 you take what you can get while the irons hot...provided he has a trade market when you decide to make a move...

I would say a 5th rounder is more likely. Moore has a small contract and has shown decent starting experience. Why trade for less than a 5th. I've pointed this out before.....Thigpen was acquired for a 5th rounder after we really needed a vet backup. I would expect after the 3rd week of preseason you will see a trade or Moore stays until the trade deadline unless we have our own issues.

All of this is just based off the first depth chart. We have not even played a preseason game yet. Who is to say the guy just doesn't flat out win the job? Even if he doesn't, I would hold on to him for insurance. Garrard is coming off back surgery, and while it has not been a concern it could be after taking some real game hits. I really don't see Tannehill beating both Garrard and Moore for the starting QB.

Not only should we hold on to Moore in case another team gets an injury at QB and his value goes up, we should hold him in case we get an injury at QB. The season is still a ways off and Garrard could get hurt again. Wait until preseason is wrapping up before making any big decisions with the QB's. Who knows Moore could even win the job with a strong preseason.

Good to see some other people thinking straight in regards to all this .... especially concerning how early it is, not to mention his true value to both us and other teams.

What's wrong with being frustrated? The guy wants to start in this league .... if this article were about Tannehill everyone would be like "I love this competitive spirit."
crybabycryingkidcryteartearsAbovetheLawb-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom