PFT Ranking | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT Ranking

"Biggest negative change: There’s no one transaction or development to point to as the Dolphins held onto Jones and wide receiver Kenny Stills while left tackle Branden Albert was traded to make room for Laremy Tunsil. That leaves us with the biggest potential negative change and it could be the turn of the calendar.

The Dolphins went 8-2 in one-score games last season and the wins that followed the Week Six win over the Steelers came against many of the weaker teams that the league had to offer in 2016. Teams like the Raiders, Falcons and Chiefs are on this year’s schedule after the Rams and 49ers appeared on last year’s slate, which may set the stage for a regression even if the execution isn’t markedly different."

I really like that he sees no real negative move we made and has to look at the schedule as the only potential negative. :thumbsup

Ya damn right! I'll take our schedule as a reason to be placed at #11.

It's funny. We play who's on our schedule. Win or lose.

We beat teams we were supposed to beat which is what good teams do.

I think the NFL (fans and media) is taking us a little too lightly.(Not other teams)

No team in the NFL looks at us and says definite W. (they'd be making a big mistake)

We've always been a team that plays well against good teams.

I'm actually happy we're going to go up against a "tough" schedule to shut this argument up.

Who knows who's going to be good anyways..Bet nobody thought we'd go 10-6 lol

Wow!! Damn, I didn't think florio had any respect for The Dolphins.

Maybe he feels the Gase era has begun and isn't something to ignore after speaking directly with him.

We're no longer a joke. We're a playoff squad with a lot of untapped potential and a nice mixture of old and young talent.

I'd say we get top 10. No higher than 10 though
Up until recently he had no reason to respect them. People take it too personally when people basically say the truth of their team.

Up until recently he had no reason to respect them. People take it too personally when people basically say the truth of their team.

Ya you're right some care too much.

The issue with me is he's supposed to be an unbiased reporter..

I thought it was pretty clear his fandom for the Jets was overshadowing some truths.

Trust me, I know and acknowledge we have had too many down years for me to think of but to say at any time we were a laughing stock with the worst fans is ridiculous.(besides 2007 when we actually were the leagues worst)

The problem with the Dolphins is they've been just okay the last decade..Some make it seem like we're in the Browns category. Maybe we're expected to be a better team based off our storied history but idk why we're even considered when talking about the leagues worse. We had 1 league worst season (2007) in decades...

I get what you're saying brother. i just think we've been overly scrutinized

Ya you're right some care too much.

The issue with me is he's supposed to be an unbiased reporter..

I thought it was pretty clear his fandom for the Jets was overshadowing some truths.

Trust me, I know and acknowledge we have had too many down years for me to think of but to say at any time we were a laughing stock with the worst fans is ridiculous.(besides 2007 when we actually were the leagues worst)

The problem with the Dolphins is they've been just okay the last decade..Some make it seem like we're in the Browns category. Maybe we're expected to be a better team based off our storied history but idk why we're even considered when talking about the leagues worse. We had 1 league worst season (2007) in decades...

I get what you're saying brother. i just think we've been overly scrutinized
The fans are always getting dissed for no reason, for as inept as Ross had been up until last year the fans were damn good to this franchise. Hopefully we are moving forward and learned a lot from last year

Also since our last winning season to this last one we have not been ok, no winning seasons in that amount of time is not ok for any franchise

The fans are always getting dissed for no reason, for as inept as Ross had been up until last year the fans were damn good to this franchise. Hopefully we are moving forward and learned a lot from last year

Also since our last winning season to this last one we have not been ok, no winning seasons in that amount of time is not ok for any franchise

Okay's defined as not very good or very bad.

I'd say we were not very good but also not very bad.

I'm not saying I'm happy with being just decent/okay. I'm just saying being called a laughingstock of the NFL was a little over the top. Since 2008, we are 70-74 which isn't horrible. (Not good by anyones standards)

The Browns, who many compared us to are 38-106 since 2008. That's why I find it laughable to be even talked about in the same category.

Either way brother, we can both agree we just want to win football games on a consistent basis.

Dolphin fans are great fans that are spread out throughout the world.

I just realized the Jets had the same exact record since 08 lol 70-74. Ironic as hell

Let's hope Coach can continue his success in his 2nd year with a lot more talent and camaraderie!!

PHINS UP!!!

Interesting looking at the records since 08. Jets and Dolphins both under 500%. Neither team can say a word. But, what matters is where we are now and I feel very good about the team. We are going to be a tough out for any team this season. Gase is the best thing to happen for the Dolphins since Shula. This offense is going to be a POWERHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Defense, we'll have to see. We should be loaded on Special Teams with a bunch of opportunistic, young athletes. We've been tweaking the bottom of the roster since Gase got here. We suddenly have a bunch of team speed and talent on the roster and it's well coached and ready for a great year. I'm just going to pray that injuries leave us alone for this year.

I say 11th.
Interesting looking at the records since 08. Jets and Dolphins both under 500%. Neither team can say a word. But, what matters is where we are now and I feel very good about the team. We are going to be a tough out for any team this season. Gase is the best thing to happen for the Dolphins since Shula. This offense is going to be a POWERHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Defense, we'll have to see. We should be loaded on Special Teams with a bunch of opportunistic, young athletes. We've been tweaking the bottom of the roster since Gase got here. We suddenly have a bunch of team speed and talent on the roster and it's well coached and ready for a great year. I'm just going to pray that injuries leave us alone for this year.

Yes sir!! You hit it on the mark and to do it in 2 years is remarkable. Based just off of talent, we're a top 10 club. Gase is a bonus and really deserves much of the credit. (He even is bringing Draymond Green in at Practice lol Doesn't hurt to keep having winners all around)

If everything works out as planned, this offense will be the best since Marino's hay days.

I cannot think of a time that we had 3 premiere receivers, Stud LT, top 3 RB, Pro Bowl caliber TE along with the best blocking TE, and the best part is the average age is what 24-26 yrs old? That's so exciting

Coach Gase is going to change the Dolphins back to being one of the best teams in the NFL.

I love what they did on Defense and think our Lbing corp is very good. (Timmons and Kiko are snatching down picks!!)

Timmons even went as far as saying "Suh is the best DT EVER!!" Suh is going to make Timmons life so much easier and he knows it

10 days to preseason Kick off!! PHINS UP!!!

I'm not sure where they have the ravens but it should be dropping that team is getting murdered by injuries. They lost 2 more players for the year this week.

That's probably 6 on the 53 types done for the year already.

Thursday night in Baltimore week 8 is huge. Dolphins have got to stop the dominance the Ravens have over them.

Road game on a short week not exactly favorable to the road team. But man that team is getting hammered by injuries. All signs point to Pittsburgh running away with that division unless Berger gets hurt and cincis underwhelming young offensive tackles step up.

Last edited:
At Cinci, at NE and at Bal are the last three Thursday night games for Miami. NFL needs to clean up alternating road and home on the short week or better yet, eliminate Thursday night games.

Back
Top Bottom