PFT Story True: The Herald Names Names | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT Story True: The Herald Names Names

MikeO said:
Wait, a PFT story was true!

OH MY GOD........it doesn't fit with the sterotype. PFT is garbage. We only believe the stories we want to believe off that site.

LOL, whatever!

I heard this exact rumor yesterday on the ESPN pregame show. So I'm not sure if PFT made this up. It could be one of two ways this came down: 1) PFT could have gotten this rumor from the guy who was reporting it on the pregame show yesterday, or 2) The guy reporting it could have used PFT as a reference when he reported this rumor yesterday on the pregame show.

My question is when did PFT print this rumor. If it was after 11:30 am yesteday, then the reporter on ESPN reported it first.

muck i think the dolphins are already taking a HUGE PR hit on the persuit of Saban...so much that jesse jackson might rear his ugly head(seriously) so if saban promised jobs already that would be worse

Jesse Jackson can go **** himself.

While it is sort of bone-headed to make that sort of inquiry when things are so secretive (unless you know the guy you're calling REAL well), it's not like he called Armstrong and asked him how the talent was, because he was going to replace him. He called the nickle package coach... and he must have some sort of tie to him. Just a misunderstanding, I'm sure. I'd be more afraid of what it does to the league's view on the minority interviews than I would about Dooley being a dick about things.

Dooley wouldn't do something like that. He has too much loyalty to Nick and wouldn't jeopardize Nick's chances of getting the job.

Is Dooley a good coach?

Yes. Good enough that Nick promoted him to assistant head coach after last season.

gboudx said:
Dooley wouldn't do something like that. He has too much loyalty to Nick and wouldn't jeopardize Nick's chances of getting the job.

Is Dooley a good coach?

Yes. Good enough that Nick promoted him to assistant head coach after last season.

Well, we really don't know much at this point. He may have called to ask how the talent was so he could make a decision on whether he would be interested in the job IF Saban was hired and wanted him. Could be that the Dolphins coach got touchy and took it completely the wrong way.

Heck, it could be a story made up by Dolphins coaches who are very insecure about their likely departure, and wish to discredit Saban & Co. in order to make it harder for the Dolphins to hire him.

Another point to ponder.........the media wants to get maximum story effect from all of this. I'm surprised that they're not going through Saban's garbage to see if there are any phone messsages or memo info. to report on. Yellow paged, journalistic hacks! :tongue:

Muck said:
Not cool.

I don't think this is the case. But who knows.
So what get'm outm of here'so what their little feelings were hurt if they did a better job we would'nt be going thru this now.

Muck said:
Good point. I don't think the Phins could get in trouble per say. But they (Huizenga and Jones) could take a huge PR hit. After all, they are the top two figures in the franchise.

PR hit? What have Wayne or Eddie done to deserve that? A PR hit from whom? Useless talking heads whose blather means nothing? If it wasn't for some inane rule, none of this would even matter. The whole charade the phins have to go through is ridiculous. We want Saban. But we have to talk to some black guys first, wasting time on both sides. The best black candidate for the job can't be talked to until the end of January, if then. And if we waited that long, Saban would be gone. Everybody with a brain knows its ridiculous, but it is still given credence by the PC media.

FinaticalOne said:
I heard this exact rumor yesterday on the ESPN pregame show. So I'm not sure if PFT made this up. It could be one of two ways this came down: 1) PFT could have gotten this rumor from the guy who was reporting it on the pregame show yesterday, or 2) The guy reporting it could have used PFT as a reference when he reported this rumor yesterday on the pregame show.

My question is when did PFT print this rumor. If it was after 11:30 am yesteday, then the reporter on ESPN reported it first.
I think they had it on Saturday

I don't get what is so bad about this. Are we trying to deny that MAJOR shakeups are going to happen in the Dolphins coaching staff? I mean, yeah guys, we're 2-11 right now, probably going to finish 2-14 or 3-13, and we haven't been to the playoffs since an embarrassing round 1 exit in 2001. This coaching staff has HAD its time to do what it wants to do. Saban would be justified in asking for the resignation of every single coach on this staff, with MAYBE the exception of Bates. Did all these coaches really not see this coming?

Our defensive staff may remain untouched, we'll see...however guys like Wise, Armstrong, Foerster, and Collier, yes they have to go and that means a lot of lackeys will get caught in the action. Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. I would like guys like Sullivan and Trestman to maybe stay on board, and a switch to the west coast offense. If not, I would wait for Mike Martz to possibly get fired in St. Louis, and see if he wants a position as offensive coordinator. You have to remember he was still a dang good offensive coordinator, and still knows a heck of a lot about running an offense even now as he pubically states that if he could he'd pass the ball on every single play. That kind of stuff can be reigned in by a strict head coach (ie. Saban).

Maybe I'm callous here, but I could care less. The team is 2-11, so all of the assistants on this team should fear losing their job. Saban is going to come in and clean house especially on the offensive side of the ball and more than likely on defense and special teams as well.

It was a dumb move by this st coach Dooley, and Saban should reprimand him, but Lewis and the rest of the Miami coaches better worry.

ckparrothead said:
I don't get what is so bad about this. Are we trying to deny that MAJOR shakeups are going to happen in the Dolphins coaching staff? I mean, yeah guys, we're 2-11 right now, probably going to finish 2-14 or 3-13, and we haven't been to the playoffs since an embarrassing round 1 exit in 2001. This coaching staff has HAD its time to do what it wants to do. Saban would be justified in asking for the resignation of every single coach on this staff, with MAYBE the exception of Bates. Did all these coaches really not see this coming?
QUOTE]

I don't think there is a question about what is expected to happen, I think the stink is coming from the possibility of one of the possible coaches actually attempting to discuss ANY of it when nothing has been made final yet (at least publicly). Very unprofessional if it happened the way it has been reported.

Back
Top Bottom