Philosophical Changes I'd Love to See | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philosophical Changes I'd Love to See

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Here are a few..

1. More Man-to-Man Coverage on Defense
Generally, this team won on defense and I'm pretty happy with this group. But the better quarterbacks picked zone apart. I think with Miami's pass rush, going to more man would create turnovers and more negative plays. Switch it up. Ramsey is good in a man system. Find another corner, if necessary, who also excels in man.

2. Focus on Building a Successful Short-yardage Game
A lot of us have been harping on this for years now. Have to be able to run the ball when everyone in the stadium knows it's a run.

Couple of points here. On the push play, Miami needs someone other than Tua, with his injury history. Maybe Skylar Thompson, but it doesn't even have to be a quarterback. It could be Seiler. This play is all about leverage, winning in the trenches, and flat out desire.

Fix the offensive line once and for all and maybe add a power back.

3. McDaniel Should Give Up Play Calling
If the non-competitive playoff loss showed one thing, it's that play calling needs to come off McDaniel's plate. He can still install the offense and be involved, but McDaniel needs help. No way we should be seeing clock management issues when the team should be in the 2-minute drill. Does Miami have a speed up offense?

That's basically it. Obviously, I'm not really going into personnel but do believe the team needs to add physical players.

Last edited:
Here are a few..

1. More Man-to-Man Coverage on Defense
Generally, this team won on defense and I'm pretty happy with this group. But the better quarterbacks picked zone apart. I think with Miami's pass rush, going to more man would create turnovers and more negative plays. Switch it up. Ramsey is good in a man system. Find another corner, if necessary, who also excels in man.

2. Focus on Building a Successful Short-yardage Game
A lot of us have been harping on this for years now. Have to be able to run the ball when everyone in the stadium knows it's a run.

Couple of points here. On the push play, Miami needs someone other than Tua, with his injury history. Maybe Skylar Thompson, but it doesn't even have to be a quarterback. It could be Seiler. This play is all about leverage, winning in the trenches, and flat out desire.

Fix the offensive line once and for all and maybe add a power back.

3. McDaniel Should Give Up Play Calling
If the non-competitive playoff loss showed one thing, it's that play calling needs to come off McDaniel's plate. He can still install the offense and be involved, but McDaniel needs help. No way we should be seeing clock management issues when the team should be in the 2-minute drill. Does Miami have a speed up offense?

That's basically it. Obviously, I'm not really going into personnel but do believe the team needs to add physical players.
Take play calling duties away from the guy who had the #1 ranked offense in the league? Hill, Mostert, Waddle, Achane and the entire offensive line was injured the last month of the season and barely could practice. But yeat, the problem is the coach and let’s trade our or bowl qb

Take play calling duties away from the guy who had the #1 ranked offense in the league? Hill, Mostert, Waddle, Achane and the entire offensive line was injured the last month of the season and barely could practice. But yeat, the problem is the coach and let’s trade our or bowl qb
Their offense was dogshit against good teams but keep pretending they weren’t!

1. Fire a GM when he is an 8-year failure. When he has gone through multiple head coaches, and coordinators, and personnel and QB blunders, and cap blunders. He has failed and he has no clue what he is doing!
2. Draft a new rookie QB and give him his starting window when the previous QB has failed to be competitive for 4 years.
3. Stop firing head coaches and blaming head coaches for success of the team. Create a stable system of daily operations with a long term head coach! And when you hire a head coach, do not chase the flavor of the day. Hire someone who is committed and suited to run the operation for the next 20 years.

Last edited:
I agreed with this sentiment when people were crying about it earlier in the season…

But the lack of offensive adjustments in the second half of games was eye opening.

Who gives a **** what your offense was ranked when you aren’t putting up more than 17ppg against good teams.. or worse, 7pts in the playoffs.

Right
You mean number 1 against bad teams
Every good team shut us down
This O is predictable and good D’s know how to stop it
Two years in a row now

Last edited:
Philosophically, I’d like to see angry and irritated fans, who rightfully go off on the Dolphins obvious deficiencies, to quit being marginalized and mocked on this fan site. This cycle of sucking is decades old. The Dolphins deserve every ounce of scrutiny they invite.

I'd be right there with ya had they went .500'ish against good teams, hell, even if they'd won a couple of 'em. They didn't beat a single one, in 6 tries. And no, I don't consider the 'Boys on the road a good team, nor does anybody else who paid attention.

With the exception of possibly a scrub division winner, you won't run into any scrubs in the playoffs, especially when you proceed into a monumental collapse of your 3 game division lead and end up a wildcard. Losing every game against such teams is an indictment, directly.

Philosophically, I’d like to see angry and irritated fans, who rightfully go off on the Dolphins obvious deficiencies, to quit being marginalized and mocked on this fan site. This cycle of sucking is decades old. The Dolphins deserve every ounce of scrutiny they invite.

A new cycle of winning seasons and making the playoffs has begun.

Those "angry and irritated fans" need some tempering, and I have no concerns about pointing that out.

Rational evaluation of a teams play looks at both the positives and the negatives and builds a set of recommendations for getting even better on that.

Irrational crybabies only respond to the negatives and try to compare teams' performances that are 20 years apart as if it was the same group of coaches and players, because they are emotionally unbalanced.

Put that in Tunsil's "bomb" and smoke it.

Rational evaluation of a teams play looks at both the positives and the negatives and builds a set of recommendations for getting even better on that.
Best set of words I can recall you cobbling together
George C Scott America GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Or at least get him help. Why do plays take so long getting in? Maybe McDaniel can improve. Honestly, I think he has to if Miami is going to be a legitimate playoff threat.

You are suggesting to bring in two new coordinators. Fangio is a proven commodity (top 5 DC maybe top 3) and McDaniel just had a top 5 offense. We didn’t have the dudes on either side of the ball at the end of the year. Don’t make wholesale changes unless it grier gone. I can definitely get behind that. The overreaction to the coaching is retarded on this site. Everyone overvalued the talent on this team including me.

Back
Top Bottom