Philosophical Changes I'd Love to See | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philosophical Changes I'd Love to See

If you believe in building around a pocket passer, which many obviously don't, I'd recommend you trade Tyreek Hill while he has value and looks to the nation like the "MVP" of the offense.

We know WRs are important, but we also know they're replaceable. And the WR room needs work anyhow as it's become clear that Wilson, Berrios and Chosen are the JAGs we initially thought they were before they came to Miami. Shame on us for hyping them up just because they signed in Miami.

Someone will be happy to trade for Tyreek Hill thinking they're fleecing the Dolphins and believing he's the piece they need. There are a slew of NFC teams that would probably love to have him.

Use the money to pay the other guys and use the additional R1 pick you get to select both WR/TE and OL in R1 while taking the money you saved and giving it to Wilkins which will go a long way in making sure Fangio stays around.

Or at least get him help. Why do plays take so long getting in? Maybe McDaniel can improve. Honestly, I think he has to if Miami is going to be a legitimate playoff threat.
Does frank Smith not help? Why is he getting interviewed ? Not too many delay of games this year compared to last

Philosophically, I’d like to see angry and irritated fans, who rightfully go off on the Dolphins obvious deficiencies, to quit being marginalized and mocked on this fan site. This cycle of sucking is decades old. The Dolphins deserve every ounce of scrutiny they invite.
Any message on a football site where a poster uses the word “marginalized“ makes me want to throw up in my mouth. This isn’t MSNBC or The View.

Any message on a football site where a poster uses the word “marginalized“ makes me want to throw up in my mouth. This isn’t MSNBC or The View.

Jessica Chastain Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Does frank Smith not help? Why is he getting interviewed ? Not too many delay of games this year compared to last
I really don't know Frank Smith's role. But if Miami is to take the next step, the coaching staff has to get better.

Here are a few..

1. More Man-to-Man Coverage on Defense
Generally, this team won on defense and I'm pretty happy with this group. But the better quarterbacks picked zone apart. I think with Miami's pass rush, going to more man would create turnovers and more negative plays. Switch it up. Ramsey is good in a man system. Find another corner, if necessary, who also excels in man.

2. Focus on Building a Successful Short-yardage Game
A lot of us have been harping on this for years now. Have to be able to run the ball when everyone in the stadium knows it's a run.

Couple of points here. On the push play, Miami needs someone other than Tua, with his injury history. Maybe Skylar Thompson, but it doesn't even have to be a quarterback. It could be Seiler. This play is all about leverage, winning in the trenches, and flat out desire.

Fix the offensive line once and for all and maybe add a power back.

3. McDaniel Should Give Up Play Calling
If the non-competitive playoff loss showed one thing, it's that play calling needs to come off McDaniel's plate. He can still install the offense and be involved, but McDaniel needs help. No way we should be seeing clock management issues when the team should be in the 2-minute drill. Does Miami have a speed up offense?

That's basically it. Obviously, I'm not really going into personnel but do believe the team needs to add physical players.
sorry to be redundant you also need a serious philosophical change on the way the Qb trains to play the position physically.

I can’t debate with conviction any of your points.

You are suggesting to bring in two new coordinators. Fangio is a proven commodity (top 5 DC maybe top 3) and McDaniel just had a top 5 offense. We didn’t have the dudes on either side of the ball at the end of the year. Don’t make wholesale changes unless it grier gone. I can definitely get behind that. The overreaction to the coaching is retarded on this site. Everyone overvalued the talent on this team including me.

Fangio against the chargers was garbage, against the bills garbage, against the ravens, worst garbage ever, against the titans, historic garbage, against the eagles garbage.

Maybe he should of watched tape on the guys he was gonna coach

Maybe he should get his ass down from the box and coach players.

Fangio against the chargers was garbage, against the bills garbage, against the ravens, worst garbage ever, against the titans, historic garbage, against the eagles garbage.

Maybe he should of watched tape on the guys he was gonna coach

Maybe he should get his ass down from the box and coach players.
the guy is a top DC in the league. When I said top 5 I may have underestimated him. We all saw what the defense did when we had a full compliment of players (that honestly isn’t even near a top 5-8 team in talent). He’s good. We don’t have the dudes.

Name the difference makers on the defense. TRUE DIFFERENCE MAKERS. Ramsey. Phillips. And maybe Holland. That’s it. Phillips and Holland are realistically just very good players. Not elite. So Ramsey is the elite talent. Yet when we had them all, it was a top ten unit under fangio. Statically top 1 but taking into the opponents lets say top ten.

Last edited:
the guy is a top DC in the league. When I said top 5 I may have underestimated him. We all saw what the defense did when we had a full compliment of players (that honestly isn’t even near a top 5-8 team in talent). He’s good. We don’t have the dudes.
I’m not a Fangio expert to know the context of his situations and players in the past.

He’s going on 66, was a year out of the league, failed as a head coach, doesn’t watch tape on players he’s going to coach, and beat up on some shitty qbs this year

I’m sure he’ll quit sooner than later but his old up in the booth ass is hot next year.

I’m not a Fangio expert to know the context of his situations and players in the past.

He’s going on 66, was a year out of the league, failed as a head coach, doesn’t watch tape on players he’s going to coach, and beat up on some shitty qbs this year

I’m sure he’ll quit sooner than later but his old up in the booth ass is hot next year.
Defensive schemes are much easier to learn than offensive schemes. Let’s just say it took our team way longer to learn a scheme than normal. We went from a paint by numbers scheme (Boyer) to a legit scheme. More of a learning curve. Fangio knows defense. We know that. Our dumbasses on this team don’t. Next year should be better once fangio cleanses the system and we get positive regression with injuries

Defensive schemes are much easier to learn than offensive schemes. Let’s just say it took our team way longer to learn a scheme than normal. We went from a paint by numbers scheme (Boyer) to a legit scheme. More of a learning curve. Fangio knows defense. We know that. Our dumbasses on this team don’t. Next year should be better once fangio cleanses the system and we get positive regression with injuries

There were obvious playcaller issues with him, strategic mishaps that were not the players fault

How bout simpling down your scheme in the first year especially as the injuries mount

Would love to hear those. Being serious.

Game plan against Herbert, game plan against Josh Allen first game, titan collapse and whatever that was against Lamar which was just plain ****ing stupid. You dont play that Qb like that..

Ughhh I don’t want him to beat me with his legs so I’ll just sit back and let him shred me with his arm lol..

You go after Lamar and you go after him hard, you live or die with the results but no way to you allow him to sit in a pocket and have a bowl of cereal, and on the rare occasion someone breathed in him Lamar had huge areas of grass to make one player miss..

Josh Allen embarrassed us to the point where he was literally laughing at us it was so easy.

I guarantee if you asked Lamar what was the easiest football game you ever played in… 2023 dolphin game

He didn’t start to learn how to play the playmaking Qb until after he got torched by them multiple times, like your 65 and a living supposed legend what’s up with that.

Maybe he doesn’t like to watch tape on his opponents idfk

Here are a few..

1. More Man-to-Man Coverage on Defense
Generally, this team won on defense and I'm pretty happy with this group. But the better quarterbacks picked zone apart. I think with Miami's pass rush, going to more man would create turnovers and more negative plays. Switch it up. Ramsey is good in a man system. Find another corner, if necessary, who also excels in man.

2. Focus on Building a Successful Short-yardage Game
A lot of us have been harping on this for years now. Have to be able to run the ball when everyone in the stadium knows it's a run.

Couple of points here. On the push play, Miami needs someone other than Tua, with his injury history. Maybe Skylar Thompson, but it doesn't even have to be a quarterback. It could be Seiler. This play is all about leverage, winning in the trenches, and flat out desire.

Fix the offensive line once and for all and maybe add a power back.

3. McDaniel Should Give Up Play Calling
If the non-competitive playoff loss showed one thing, it's that play calling needs to come off McDaniel's plate. He can still install the offense and be involved, but McDaniel needs help. No way we should be seeing clock management issues when the team should be in the 2-minute drill. Does Miami have a speed up offense?

That's basically it. Obviously, I'm not really going into personnel but do believe the team needs to add physical players.

Overall, I think this is a great post even if there’s a couple of things I disagree with.

- When I initially read that McD might be considering giving up the play calling, I found that interesting and thought it seemed like a pretty logical step, but as I’ve had more time to think about it, I’ve decided that I’d really like to see him continue calling the plays. Not only is McD a very young HC, he’s pretty much still in the infancy stages of being an OC. From an ownership point of view, I think it’s extremely short sighted to hire a guy that young, with little to no experience as an OC or an HC and expect him to have all of the nuances down inside of 24 months. Another way to say it: If you’re gonna hire a guy that young and green, you damn well better be willing to let him grow, find his footing, and push through the rough spots that we’re bound to happen early on. If Ross isn’t willing to go through that process, he had absolutely no business hiring McD and should have turned his focus to one of the many retread coaching candidates that are available in bunches each and every off season. I think the adjustments McD has made to facilitate Tua playing behind an Oline that is still pretty bad and lacks serious depth at all 5 Oline positions shows that he is up to the task. There wasn’t one damn media member or Dolphin fan that thought Tua would start each and every game this season and yet he did.

McD could have easily spent the entire season banging his head against the wall and demanding his Oline to perform at a level that they couldn’t realistically achieve. Instead, he developed a passing game predicated on Tua getting the ball out in under 3 seconds. It’s just my opinion, but that shows me that McD is a guy who’s going to build his system around the strengths of his players, which is a trait shared by any HC in the NFL that’s worth a damn. I honestly believe that if the front office can continue to deliver Oline improvements, McD will be able to run a great offense as the play caller.

I also think the play clock issues are a massively overplayed subject. While certainly still not perfect, I saw improvement from his first year, which leads me to believe we’ll probably see more improvement next season. Not only that, you’ll be hard pressed to watch a single NFL game without seeing a QB burn a timeout because the play didn’t come in on time. Hell, in all honestly, you’d be hard pressed to watch a game and see it happen less than 2 to 3 times. I doubt there’s a site that tracks that stat, but if there were, I’d be really interested in seeing how many times McD had to burn a TO as the clock ran out compared to the rest of the NFL. It would be extremely interesting to see how he compares with other coaches.

Back
Top Bottom