Philosophical Changes I'd Love to See | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philosophical Changes I'd Love to See

The O deteriorated in almost every 2H and, from there, every 4Q throughout the last 12 or more games, against good teams or bad. For injuries to be the cause, injuries would have to happen at the beginning of every 2H and more at the beginning of every 4Q, It is untenable to claim the O would do better in 1H, but worse in 2H due to injuries, or penalties, or dropped passes, or a poor OL.
Certainly injuries hurt over the course of the year. No denying that. And the O failed miserably against 'good' Ds, but that's for another thread. But, one more observation. The O performed worse in 2H when the score was close and/or Miami was trailing. There are very few factors that can account for a poor performance nearly every 2H.
This is true and it’s why I desperately want not just a solid but good OL this year so we can cut out the excuses and see what we really have on offense from the play caller to QB and everything in between. The O simply needs to be better if we want to win big, 10-20 points in every big spot will not cut it in today’s NFL. We can’t be fooled by huge output against the Chargers, Broncos, Panthers, Commanders and a sorry Jets team that had given up by the time we played them twice in 2nd half of the season.

The 48-20 was the real only offensive game that wasn't clicking, you have to account for a team with a great defense, KC has a great defense but the fins lost 21-14, Philly had a great defense, Refs decided that they weren't going to allow the fins to compete in that game. The Tennessee game was that the didn't close it out, everybody was hurt and they lose by 1 point, the difference between a mediocre defense and a great defense is only about 8 points. Fins need to rise to the moment physically I think they are a little at the line of scrimmage but that comes with an attitude to not being pushed around, the chiefs, Bills, Eagles pushed around the dolphins in there matchups, due to Raekwon Davis not being physical through the whole game, linebackers being wiped out by a TE and waiting on somebody else to make the play, Ramsey and Wilkins was the only two consistent plays that showed up last season for the fins.
Their offense stunk in the final game of the season against the Bills as well.

Back
Top Bottom