PhinKev's Weekly OL Analysis - Player by Player | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PhinKev's Weekly OL Analysis - Player by Player

miamirw said:
Hey Kev,

Did you see the first two series with Middleton in at Right guard? I watched him closely and he was DOMINANT. I mean he had like three pancakes that I saw and he was driving his man's head into the ground until the whistle.

I love this guy. It sounds like McKinney is actually improving. That's good news. Hadnot has some trouble in pass blocking but is solid when he run blocks. Also glad to hear that Jeno James is coming back to form. That's huge.

one last thing, did you follow the Ephraim kid? I thought he did very well at the center spot in the second half. Granted it's against 2nd teamers, but I like Ephraim's attitude.

I wouldn't mind seeing the following starting unit:

LT - McIntosh
LG - James
C - Ephraim
RG - Middleton
RT - Carey

I'm afraid I didn't really watch the second team. It is interesting that Middleton isn't getting more play for a starting position though. Tough to start an inexperienced guy at Center, though I like the Ephram kid. Seth is playing better. He'll just never be a people mover.

PhinKev said:
I'm afraid I didn't really watch the second team. It is interesting that Middleton isn't getting more play for a starting position though. Tough to start an inexperienced guy at Center, though I like the Ephram kid. Seth is playing better. He'll just never be a people mover.
Hadnot should play center. Then the line would be:

LT -- McIntosh
LG -- James
C -- Hadnot
RG -- Middleton (when he's fully in shape)
RT -- Carey

I think that line can move some people. Every single guy in there is a good run blocker.

arsenal said:
definately... but i think this might be a mental thing for mcdougal, hes talented, just gotta get his head in the game, thats coachable (hopefully)... but the chemistry of a line has to develop with staying together as a unit in order to play well (usually i know the SD exception of last year)

I remember everyone asking when we signed McDougle and he was dominating early in camp, "why did Det let this guy go", "he's an animal", and other similar comments. All those comments are true, but we are seeing exactly why Detroit didn't resign the guy to a long-term contract.

It's his focus. Stockar got all upset when the line coach from up there blasted him in the newspaper.....I was hoping that would piss him off enough to turn that label of taking plays off around. He still might! I truly hope he does as he can dominate when properly motivated. I guess this also explains why we signed him to a 1 yr deal instead of something longer.

That said though...I'm not getting all freaky about it...it was one preseason game. Maybe he just had a bad game? I hope so.

zephon said:
I remember everyone asking when we signed McDougle and he was dominating early in camp, "why did Det let this guy go", "he's an animal", and other similar comments. All those comments are true, but we are seeing exactly why Detroit didn't resign the guy to a long-term contract.

It's his focus. Stockar got all upset when the line coach from up there blasted him in the newspaper.....I was hoping that would piss him off enough to turn that label of taking plays off around. He still might! I truly hope he does as he can dominate when properly motivated. I guess this also explains why we signed him to a 1 yr deal instead of something longer.

That said though...I'm not getting all freaky about it...it was one preseason game. Maybe he just had a bad game? I hope so.

I wish it were just one game. It is a pattern with him. He dominates a guy then he gets beat bad. Can't be that inconsistent. I have noticed that he is a slow starter and tends to improve as the game goes on. But, you just can't have the lapses that he has.

Back
Top Bottom