Phins Misdirection With Harris Before The Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins Misdirection With Harris Before The Draft

Makes sense though since the visits are limited...if already sold on a guy, use your visits on unknowns.

I feel like this strategy of bluffing on who you want by not bringing them in only works to an extent. I think it's only done with higher picks because the guys that are on day two and three usually have some flaws that need to be researched further. The day one players tend to have a less unknowns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy this up to a point. Why then give Armando our top target list to publish before the draft? If you're going to be secretive do it right. I doubt the cancelling of the workout fooled anyone.
Well it also clearly fooled Charles Harris.

I buy this up to a point. Why then give Armando our top target list to publish before the draft? If you're going to be secretive do it right. I doubt the cancelling of the workout fooled anyone.

What is the expression - even a blind squirrel can find a nut - I dont believe Mando got anything. He guessed based upon ranking, positional need and luck. We knew there would be a run on qbs at some point and it was early rather than middle of round 1. We added to the run defense during free agency period, therefore our target was pass rushing DE...

What is the expression - even a blind squirrel can find a nut - I dont believe Mando got anything. He guessed based upon ranking, positional need and luck. We knew there would be a run on qbs at some point and it was early rather than middle of round 1. We added to the run defense during free agency period, therefore our target was pass rushing DE...

I don't think you are right. I think Armando was on top of it. He was adamant that any mock drafts were invalid if they didn't have Miami taking a defensive end in the first round, and he said Barnett and Harris were the two targets Miami had at defensive end. I think he was dead on the whole way. The question is, how did he know? I don't believe it was just blind luck as you claim.

I'd rather they research the players than play stupid kids games.

Really? They only had four years of game tape and an interview at the combine to evaluate him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it because like this thread indicated we could be giving our moves away in advanced which is stupid. Drafting Wakes replacement was a must along with a linebacker was a must move in the first 2 rounds if possible. If we gave those moves away then it becomes less possible. I love forcasting the drafts and you can usually do so based on needs. This year screamed DL and linebacker and hopefully guard which is what happened in this draft. Contingency plans were in place I am sure now. Defense tackles, linebackers, cornerbacks, defensive ends , guards, saftey were on the menu along with a possible tight end and wide receiver. We overpaid for Branch along with Timmons because of our lack of depth. Telling us how important in this draft those positions were. Look Gase is not stupid and looking back on last season a healthy Wake and Kiko made a huge difference and we really got lucky. Both players between injuries and age are huge question marks moving forward. We planned out/ lucked out in this draft filling those voids along with other areas.

This is a good point, it wasn't too secretive if Armando knew about it. Give Armando some credit though, he had the inside knowledge of the Harris pick and the tankersly pick.

Still much better than Ireland's "pillar of your defense" fake presser. But now teams are on to Grier, and next year he will need to draft players he visits with to throw other teams off the trail :up:

Still much better than Ireland's "pillar of your defense" fake presser. But now teams are on to Grier, and next year he will need to draft players he visits with to throw other teams off the trail :up:

We did draft some of the players whom visited year, the linebacker guard we did draft along with some of the college free agents we signed

We did draft some of the players whom visited year, the linebacker guard we did draft along with some of the college free agents we signed

sound like something Cleveland browns would do... GM in nfl . I think some of fans can do that job as well.

Back
Top Bottom