PHINZ TC : "Tuesday Morning Sessions" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PHINZ TC : "Tuesday Morning Sessions"

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I'll just give everyone my impression of today's moringing session....

Rain....

The QB's were all pretty sharp from what I could see. The OL is still developing IMO, and it looked like it struggled some aginst the pass rush. They're a young group, and should start showing signs of improvement soon.

AJ Feeley is looking better and better. He's starting to show his ability, and was very sharp from what I saw today. He's still telegraphing some of his reads, but all in all he looks good....

J. Fiedler is coming on strong too. He looks very confident, and seems to have better strength on his deeper throws. His accuracy is still not very good though, and he needs to get better protection from the OL too. He's had very little time to find anything deep, and his short passes seem to always get bobbled. The wet ball did have an effect today, and there were amny dropped passes as well. All in all, Jay looks ready to fight for the starting spot. He looks good. Right now, I'm confident with either QB starting....

S. Rosenfels looks like his usual 3rd string self. He plays well, and has a nice arm, but he's always being matched-up against the 3rd string defense. Maybe that's why he looks more comfortable, and has solid results at times. I still don't think he's nearly ready to be given a chance to battle for the #1 spot...

The WR's look very solid. C. Chambers was the only real standout today, but D. Boston, D. Thompson, and JR Tolver all contributed. The big play came from Sage to WR Willie Johnson for a TD. He was wide open, and sage put it on the money down the sideline. Not really instride, but it get there on target...

The RB's all look good. Not great, but good enough. I was really impressed with RB S. Morris. He's got good size, and plays tough inside. He will be battling for the starting position IMO.

T. Minor looked quick, and confident. He's got decent outside speed, and can catch the ball on the move quite well. He'll be a very good weapon this year IMO, and could be much more than just a reserve back. He's got a great head on his shoulders, and looks poised to make a run at the #1 RB position. In time, we'll see just how far he's come, but from what I saw he looked very solid....

L. Henry had very limited work, but looks good. The same can be said for RB F. Russell. He's a small guy, but he's got lightning moves. It will be interesting to see if he can emerge during the pre-season....

The OL, as I stated earlier, needs work. It should be fine once they get a solid line-up. The RT position is up in the air right now from what I could see, but V. Carey is still in the race. He could even be moved to RG if J. St. Clair continues to improve. JSC got all kinds of negativity after leaving the Rams, but he's playing hard and giving it everything he's got. I was pleasantly impressed with him. He's earning his spot on this OL, and that's what counts...

The defense looks just fine. They're getting all kinds of pressure on the QB's and stopping runs in the backfield. They look very strong at this time...

Well, that's about it....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

Nice write-up, but did you really think Chambers stood out? I thought he had one of his worst days with all the drops.

If St. Clair wins the starting RT spot, then may God...Buddah...Allah or whoever have mercy on Feeley/Fiedler's soul.

Noodle Arm said:
If St. Clair wins the starting RT spot, then may God...Buddah...Allah or whoever have mercy on Feeley/Fiedler's soul.

Until you see him in action, what's the problem???...

This guy is fighting harder than anyone to prove his days in St. Louis are well behind him. He looks good man, and he's playing very tough / hard. That's what this OL needs IMO, and if he's the guy who earns the starting RT spot over V. Carey, so be it....

You can cry about it later if he turns out to be a watse. Right now however, he looks very motivated, and determined to prove he can start on this OL. I say give him a chance....

BLITZKRIEG said:
Until you see him in action, what's the problem???...

This guy is fighting harder than anyone to prove his days in St. Louis are well behind him. He looks good man, and he's playing very tough / hard. That's what this OL needs IMO, and if he's the guy who earns the starting RT spot over V. Carey, so be it....

You can cry about it later if he turns out to be a watse. Right now however, he looks very motivated, and determined to prove he can start on this OL. I say give him a chance....

:yes:

Two words: Jamie. Nails.

Well I'll be honest, I haven't seen St. Clair play much...in a Phins jersey at least. I saw plenty of him when he was with the Rams and from what I saw there was nothing to make me think he'd have a future at tackle. Always thought he'd be a much better interior line player. BUT if he has improved significantly than that's great news and congrats to him. :)

BLITZKRIEG said:
I'll just give everyone my impression of today's moringing session....

Rain....

The QB's were all pretty sharp from what I could see. The OL is still developing IMO, and it looked like it struggled some aginst the pass rush. They're a young group, and should start showing signs of improvement soon.

AJ Feeley is looking better and better. He's starting to show his ability, and was very sharp from what I saw today. He's still telegraphing some of his reads, but all in all he looks good....

J. Fiedler is coming on strong too. He looks very confident, and seems to have better strength on his deeper throws. His accuracy is still not very good though, and he needs to get better protection from the OL too. He's had very little time to find anything deep, and his short passes seem to always get bobbled. The wet ball did have an effect today, and there were amny dropped passes as well. All in all, Jay looks ready to fight for the starting spot. He looks good. Right now, I'm confident with either QB starting....

S. Rosenfels looks like his usual 3rd string self. He plays well, and has a nice arm, but he's always being matched-up against the 3rd string defense. Maybe that's why he looks more comfortable, and has solid results at times. I still don't think he's nearly ready to be given a chance to battle for the #1 spot...

The WR's look very solid. C. Chambers was the only real standout today, but D. Boston, D. Thompson, and JR Tolver all contributed. The big play came from Sage to WR Willie Johnson for a TD. He was wide open, and sage put it on the money down the sideline. Not really instride, but it get there on target...

The RB's all look good. Not great, but good enough. I was really impressed with RB S. Morris. He's got good size, and plays tough inside. He will be battling for the starting position IMO.

T. Minor looked quick, and confident. He's got decent outside speed, and can catch the ball on the move quite well. He'll be a very good weapon this year IMO, and could be much more than just a reserve back. He's got a great head on his shoulders, and looks poised to make a run at the #1 RB position. In time, we'll see just how far he's come, but from what I saw he looked very solid....

L. Henry had very limited work, but looks good. The same can be said for RB F. Russell. He's a small guy, but he's got lightning moves. It will be interesting to see if he can emerge during the pre-season....

The OL, as I stated earlier, needs work. It should be fine once they get a solid line-up. The RT position is up in the air right now from what I could see, but V. Carey is still in the race. He could even be moved to RG if J. St. Clair continues to improve. JSC got all kinds of negativity after leaving the Rams, but he's playing hard and giving it everything he's got. I was pleasantly impressed with him. He's earning his spot on this OL, and that's what counts...

The defense looks just fine. They're getting all kinds of pressure on the QB's and stopping runs in the backfield. They look very strong at this time...

Well, that's about it....

Pretty good report i was there and your pretty much on key except for St Clair. I was watching him and Carey pretty closely today and Carey by far is out performing him. ST. Clair gets beat just to much for my liking. But good report.

Noodle Arm said:
Two words and some numbers. Super. Bowl. 2000.

Remember, he started every game for the rams that year, and Marshall and unmobile Kurt Warner did pretty well.

NLude33 said:
Two words and some numbers. Super. Bowl. 2000.

Remember, he started every game for the rams that year, and Marshall and unmobile Kurt Warner did pretty well.

Yeah but he was a HUGE liability. Watch some old game tapes, he was not a good tackle by any stretch of the mind. I shuddered when we picked him up.

I think he'd be ok as an interior OL, he was an all pro center in college. I'd LOVE to give him a look at the G or C spot, but at this point we really don't have many options at T, so we'll see how this all pans out.

I did not like him much in St. Louis, but I am willing to hold off judgement until I at least see him play. The previous comparison of Jamie Nails is a good point. All the people in Buff kept saying he was slow and useless and then came and played real good for us... I just want the best player on the field. I could care less if it is St. Clair or Carey.

Back
Top Bottom