PHINZ TC : "Tuesday Morning Sessions" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PHINZ TC : "Tuesday Morning Sessions"

The OL, as I stated earlier, needs work. It should be fine once they get a solid line-up. The RT position is up in the air right now from what I could see, but V. Carey is still in the race. He could even be moved to RG if J. St. Clair continues to improve. JSC got all kinds of negativity after leaving the Rams, but he's playing hard and giving it everything he's got. I was pleasantly impressed with him. He's earning his spot on this OL, and that's what counts...

Once again, and I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but Dave Wannstedt did specifically state that the loser of the St.Clair/Carey battle will be our backup swing tackle, and he specifically stated that it is not a situation where the loser will go compete for the right guard position. So, I mean, take a coach's word for what you will...some take it like gospel, others think they lie through their teeth...I'm just reminding ya'll.

Alright guys, since when did John St. Clair start every game for the Super Bowl champion Rams in 2000? First off, he wasn't even drafted yet when the Rams won the super bowl. He was drafted in the 2000 draft, and the 2000 Super Bowl was played in January, while the draft is in April. In fact, St. Clair was picked 32nd in the 3rd round...why? Because the Rams were the Super Bowl champs and therefore picked #32 in every round...

Besides, its easier to say the Rams were the 1999 Super Bowl champs, because 1999 was the year the season was basically played in, just like we kind of consider the Pats to be the 2003 Super Bowl champs. The 2000 champs would be the Ravens, who played the Giants in the super bowl, so you can't really be referring to THAT year (which would be John St. Clair's rookie year). The Rams were in the 2001 Super Bowl, but unfortunately not only did they lose that game, but John St. Clair did not start the entire season at RT...or I believe any of the season.

He started the 2002 season at RT, and I'm not precisely sure what the Rams' record was that year...but they weren't Super Bowl champs. Warner got killed that year and he struggled.

BTW the difference between Jamie Nails and John St. Clair is that Nails was always regarded as having genuine first round potential if he would ever just keep his weight down which he flat out refused to do.

Nails turned in a career year because he'd been down in South Florida for over a year dieting and working out and got down to a weight he probably hadn't seen since high school.

If we want St. Clair to turn things around and turn in a career year it will just have to be out of the blue because he "wants it" more, or he's preparing extra well or something. To me, losing weight is a much more tangible goal.

St.Clair was an all-american center out Collge.He is not some street FA so I'm not suprise that he is doing well according to Blitz.I still think he needs to be move to the interior.

Thanks for report Blitz.

bumping todays camp threads back to the top

Just one question. Did it rain thruout practice?

I didn't attend the afternoon session so I can't say for sure but it was pretty sunny till 3 when it started pouring.

It didn't let up at all during the morning session, it rained thruout...

Finsflurry said:
I didn't attend the afternoon session so I can't say for sure but it was pretty sunny till 3 when it started pouring.

It didn't let up at all during the morning session, it rained thruout...

Yeah thats the session I was talking about, I happen to love it when its raining. the lightning is what sux. They can get a lot of runs in when it rains.

btw mods feel free to blend this post in BlitzKriegs thread. I hit new topic instead of the reply icon.

I had just bumped finsfurrys post back to the top, and was tryin to do the same with his...

Back
Top Bottom