Pittsburgh Looking To Trade Up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pittsburgh Looking To Trade Up

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Steelers | Team expected to try to trade up in first-round
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:09:41 -0700

Jim Wexell, of the Tribune-Democrat, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have 10 draft picks for the NFL Draft, but do not have 10 openings. As a result, the team is expected to attempt to trade up in the first round of the draft. The team's director of football operations, Kevin Colbert, said, "We'll be open to use some of those extra picks for the possibility of moving, sure."

Looks like there is one trade partner in case Saban doesn't like what he sees available at #16.

I saw that too. I think they would be a perfect trade partner for us. We would probably get their 1st and 2nd rounders.

Actually to move all the way down to 32 the would probably have to include their 1st, 2nd and more.

Pittsburgh has the 32nd, 64th, and 96th pick in the draft.....according to the Value Chart 32 = 600 points, 64 = 270 points, 96 = 116 points. That would total to 986 points. The 16th pick is worth 1000 points....Would the Dolphins and/or the Steelers be interested in doing that trade? If something was pulled off who would you pick up?

32 - Jason Allen?? Sinorice Moss?? Antonio Cromartie?? Bobby Carpenter
64 - Claude Wroten (DT from LSU) Max Jean Giles (OG from Georgia), Gocong
82 - Parays Haralson, Demetrius Williams, Devin Hester, Pat Watkins
96 - Alan Zemaitis, Abdul Hodge

what do you think??

Yep, going by the pick value chart thier 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (keep in mind these are the last picks in the round) are just short of our #16. If they throw in their 5th its just about even.

Sounds good to me, trading 1 pick for 4 picks.

Do we have the money to sign all of those Rookies? How are we on the cap?

I sure like the sound of it. Saban's familiar enough with who's who in college to get really good value with those picks, too!

Rookies don't cost squat outside of the 1st round. For example the contract for a 3rd would be somewhere aroung a $300K bonus + $250,000. Meanwhile we'll be saving a ton on the 1st rounder by trading back 16 spots.

IF the Steelers made that trade it wouldn't be for there 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks. It would be more along the lines of there 1st and 3rd this year and a 2nd in 2007.

23Dolphins34 said:
IF the Steelers made that trade it wouldn't be for there 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks. It would be more along the lines of there 1st and 3rd this year and a 2nd in 2007.

Yup......
That's much more realistic....

23Dolphins34 said:

I agree although I don't know if we should pull the trigger on that unless it was this years 1st & 2nd and maybe next years 3rd or more.

i would like to see us get their 1st and 2nd this year and their 3rd round next year, everything can happen and i also heard that many teams are interested to trade up or down, so it could be a really interesting draft this year...

wow!! this would be perfect it would give us extra picks and give us a shot at cromaterie assuming he doesn't get drafted earlier..

Back
Top Bottom