Play-by-Play Breakdown of Henne's reps against Atlanta | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Play-by-Play Breakdown of Henne's reps against Atlanta

Today's quote:

"Times out there I force things where I shouldn't. That's where I'm learning" -- henne

Thankfully, he realizes this issue.

On the play he threw short to Hartline, I knew Marshall was one-on-one cause you can count 8 guys rushing the passer with Bess, Marshall, and Hartline running routes. On the play Marshall caught the ball short, I didn't say he was one-on-one, you couldn't tell. The way that Marshall released off of the line when he was one-on-one, I would assume he was beyond the 1st down. You can assume he wasn't for the sake of arguing. Either way, if I had a choice between Marshall and Hartline in one-on-one coverage short of the 1st down, (IMO) I'm taking Marshall. How much are we paying him? To do what? Throw to Hartline in single coverage short of the first on 3rd and long? I don't mean to be offensive but that was a bad decision.

haha its simple... your saying on one play that was a third down, Marshall ran a comeback route to the outside short of the sticks with a defender on him, you said:
"Complete 2 yds shy of marker to Marshall. 5 man blitz was picked up well. I don't know, maybe throw to a receiver who doesn't have someone draped all over them short of the 1st down?"

but on a different third down when Henne DIDNT throw to Marshall you said, "I'll bank my money on Marshall one-on-one anyday of the week against anyone. Bad decision." yet you have no idea what route he was running, how covered he was, or how short of the first down he was... he could have been more shallow than Hartline and more covered, hell he could have fallen down on the play, you have zero idea...

so all im saying is too many assumptions to say bad decision all the time, Hartline slips out of the tackle on that one play he gets a big gain and all of a sudden its a great decision...

god is it the regular season yet...

haha its simple... your saying on one play that was a third down, Marshall ran a comeback route to the outside short of the sticks with a defender on him, you said:
"Complete 2 yds shy of marker to Marshall. 5 man blitz was picked up well. I don't know, maybe throw to a receiver who doesn't have someone draped all over them short of the 1st down?"

but on a different third down when Henne DIDNT throw to Marshall you said, "I'll bank my money on Marshall one-on-one anyday of the week against anyone. Bad decision." yet you have no idea what route he was running, how covered he was, or how short of the first down he was... he could have been more shallow than Hartline and more covered, hell he could have fallen down on the play, you have zero idea...

Neither do you or Henne cause he never looked anywhere else. He surely wasn't more covered, the guy was all over Hartline. And even when Marshall is covered, he's really not covered. He led him out of bounds on that throw. Bad decision.

so all im saying is too many assumptions to say bad decision all the time, Hartline slips out of the tackle on that one play he gets a big gain and all of a sudden its a great decision...

Good lord! Let it gooooooo! And how many tackles does Hartline slip out of compared to Marshall? That's the point.

atlanta blitzed, we didnt. listened to nfl radio today and talked about how some teams blitz in preseason and others do not, which makes preseason a huge deception game.

On top of that you have to think about the fact that usually in the preseason they have a script of plays they want to run no matter what the defense is. So when you have these all out blitz's coming in and Chad isn't calling an audible or changing protection its not because he doesn't know what to do or understand the read. He is running the script because that is what you do in preseason.

Back
Top Bottom