Players I Would Pay Now | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players I Would Pay Now

I doubt Holland or Phillips would take those deals. Top end of those markets are higher than that, and it'll only go up further in the next year or two. If they would take it, I'd give it to them in a heartbeat though. Ezukanma hasn't proven anything yet though, I wouldn't pay him at this point.

Phillips might, Holland DEFINITELY wouldn't. He'd laugh, like I did.

You never know with Phillips though because one more injury could see him get next nothing.

Either way, I am not making an offer to him until I see what he can come back as.

Holland though......I WISH he'd take that.

It is a little early to extend EZ, although I this is a good move. I see EZ breaking out this year. I also think the 'neck' thing was just an excuse to stash and protect him to get up to speed with our system. You heard it here first, EZ is our 3rd WR and is a beast.

My thing about EZ is, has he not done anything because of his own doing or is it because the coaches don't give him the opportunity? We've seen him be a bulldozer in the preseason. Yes I'm well aware of what's been said about him. And yes I admit, this has to be injury recovery dependant

Not even remotely realistic for Holland and Phillips
Why not? Phillips is coming off a nasty injury. Holland would make more than half the other players at that position in the NFL. But yeah I can see Holland wanting more but that's still a decent salary. Top 20 for that position anyway...

Why not? Phillips is coming off a nasty injury. Holland would make more than half the other players at that position in the NFL. But yeah I can see Holland wanting more but that's still a decent salary. Top 20 for that position anyway...
I bet Holland ends up getting 17+ million per year.

I bet Holland ends up getting 17+ million per year.
I dont think so. That's nutz. That would make him the 4th highest paid Safety. He's not kind of impact player imo. Don't get me wrong, I really like him. But not at that price. Which is why I'm trying to pay him now BEFORE he starts getting the overpaid offers. Plus with all the Safeties on the market right now, it's watered down some. Time to strike is now.

So we don't lose them in the future and we have them locked so to not over pay too much. Below is what I would offer our players.

Holland - 4 years 35 Mil 25 guaranteed. With his last two years being somewhat underwhelming, even though his numbers were better this year, I think this would be a good start for him. Gives him a little above 6mil per yr with other incentives.

Phillips - 5 years 75 Mil 55 guaranteed. Coming off the injury, we have total leverage right now. This would give almost 11 mil per year. I admit, I'm always screaming against signing injured players but this isn't that bad for an edge and I would include medical clause and have an out after 3 yrs.

Waddle - 4 yrs 80 mil 65 guaranteed. That's pretty much 16 mil per year with other incentives to make. I'm paying Waddle and getting rid of Hill in 2026. The reason I don't go higher is because of the injury history which is also why I come in a little low comparative to others in the league. Still have to draft a big tall fast compliment to Waddle though.

E Ezukanma - 3 yrs 15 mil 10 guarenteed. this is my kinda outta right field signing. I like this kid. I think he should be utilized more. We've seen him bully dudes when they attempt to tackle. Imo, we have to find a way to get this dude on the field.

These are my four. Who are yours? We have to take care of this now to avoid ANOTHER year like this year where we lose our guys we drafted. What's the consensus? Is this realistic, am I close on the numbers or am I waaaaaaay off here?

PS. I left Tua out on purpose to try and avoid another Tua thread. We all already know the situation there.
I dont think we have the cap space to extend anybody now. That might change after we get the $18M in cap space from the X release post June 1.

Between Holland Phillips and Waddle I think we will only be able to re-sign 2 of the 3. I want to see how well they all perform in 2024 in order to make that decision next offseason. I don't think we are going to get some massive discount by trying to re-sign them now anyway. Their agents are not dummies.

As for Ezukanma he hasnt done anything and I doubt he ever will so I will pass.

I think Tua is going to get extended after June 1 and we have more cap space available but I would rather make him play on his 5th year option.

Back
Top Bottom