Players I Would Pay Now | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players I Would Pay Now

Wow. Ok. Respect your opinion. I don't think he will be the highest paid Safety in the league but I can see him getting paid. I think if we could work something out now it should done.

So we don't lose them in the future and we have them locked so to not over pay too much. Below is what I would offer our players.

Holland - 4 years 35 Mil 25 guaranteed. With his last two years being somewhat underwhelming, even though his numbers were better this year, I think this would be a good start for him. Gives him a little above 6mil per yr with other incentives.

Phillips - 5 years 75 Mil 55 guaranteed. Coming off the injury, we have total leverage right now. This would give almost 11 mil per year. I admit, I'm always screaming against signing injured players but this isn't that bad for an edge and I would include medical clause and have an out after 3 yrs.

Waddle - 4 yrs 80 mil 65 guaranteed. That's pretty much 16 mil per year with other incentives to make. I'm paying Waddle and getting rid of Hill in 2026. The reason I don't go higher is because of the injury history which is also why I come in a little low comparative to others in the league. Still have to draft a big tall fast compliment to Waddle though.

E Ezukanma - 3 yrs 15 mil 10 guarenteed. this is my kinda outta right field signing. I like this kid. I think he should be utilized more. We've seen him bully dudes when they attempt to tackle. Imo, we have to find a way to get this dude on the field.

These are my four. Who are yours? We have to take care of this now to avoid ANOTHER year like this year where we lose our guys we drafted. What's the consensus? Is this realistic, am I close on the numbers or am I waaaaaaay off here?

PS. I left Tua out on purpose to try and avoid another Tua thread. We all already know the situation there.
10 a.m. update: While continuing to negotiate a long-term contract with quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, it also would behoove the Dolphins to begin talks with receiver Jaylen Waddle on a multiyear contract. That’s because the price for Waddle only went up this week, even without Waddle stepping on a field. Before the May 2 deadline, the Dolphins assuredly will exercise Waddle’s fifth-year option that would pay him $15.6 million in 2025. But striking a long-term deal, sometime this year, seems to make sense, considering the fact that general manager Chris Grier was adamant recently that Waddle is not going to be traded. Waddle — who will make $1.1 million in 2024 — is already extension eligible. So is linebacker Jaelan Phillips, with Miami facing a May 2 deadline to exercise his $13.25 million fifth-year option for 2025. With the salary cap rising, the receiver market has again exploded. This week, Calvin Ridley agreed to a four-year, $92 million deal with the Tennessee Titans, and Michael Pittman agreed to a three-year, $70 million extension with the Indianapolis Colts. So that’s $23 million a year for Ridley and $23.3 million for Pittman. Let’s consider how they compare with Waddle. Ridley played in only five games in 2021 (citing mental health issues) and missed the 2022 season due to a league suspension for betting on NFL games. If you give him the benefit of the doubt for purposes of this comparison and combine his stats only for his last two full seasons (2020 with Atlanta, 2023 with Jacksonville), he caught 166 passes for 2,390 yards (14.3 per catch) and 17 touchdowns during those two seasons. Pittman’s last two seasons: 208 catches for 2,077 yards (9.9 per catch) and eight touchdowns. Waddle, during his last two seasons, has caught 147 passes for 2,370 yards (16.1 yards per catch) and 12 touchdowns. So Waddle warrants every bit as much as those players. And he could make the case he deserves more, because his numbers probably would be even better if he didn’t share receptions with Pro Bowler Tyreek Hill, who caught 119 passes for 1799 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2023. In his one year without Hill (2021), Waddle caught 104 passes for 1,015 yards and six touchdowns. What’s more, Waddle likely will stand to benefit if several other receivers eligible for extensions get big money before he does. That group includes Cincinnati’s Ja’Marr Chase (drafted one spot before Waddle in 2021), Philadelphia’s DeVonta Smith (picked four spots after Waddle), Minnesota’s Justin Jefferson, Dallas’ CeeDee Lamb and Cincinnati’s Tee Higgins. According to overthecap.com, Pittman and Ridley now rank eighth and ninth in average annual salary for wide receivers. The top seven: 1). Hill, at $30 million. 2). The Raiders’ Davante Adams, at $28 million. 3). The Rams’ Cooper Kupp, at $26.7 million. 4). Philadelphia’s A.J. Brown, at $25 million. 5 and 6). Buffalo’s Stefon Diggs and Seattle’s DK Metcalf, at $24 million and 7). San Francisco’s Deebo Samuel, at $23.85. So Waddle assuredly is going to get paid at some point. Miami has more flexibility to do that after bypassing the chance to re-sign Christian Wilkins and Robert Hunt.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article286107066.html#storylink=cpy

Wow. Ok. Respect your opinion. I don't think he will be the highest paid Safety in the league but I can see him getting paid. I think if we could work something out now it should done.
Yeah, I like Holland and believe he can be really good, but I don't see his as even a Rashad Jones yet.
Maybe he's doing more schematically than my eyes catch, but I don't think he deserves top 5 money either.

I dont think so. That's nutz. That would make him the 4th highest paid Safety. He's not kind of impact player imo. Don't get me wrong, I really like him. But not at that price. Which is why I'm trying to pay him now BEFORE he starts getting the overpaid offers. Plus with all the Safeties on the market right now, it's watered down some. Time to strike is now.
He is routinely graded as a top 5 safety. I wouldn't be surprised if he racked up interceptions in the new system either.

Reminder of who Erik Ezukanma was last pre season..

So we don't lose them in the future and we have them locked so to not over pay too much. Below is what I would offer our players.

Holland - 4 years 35 Mil 25 guaranteed. With his last two years being somewhat underwhelming, even though his numbers were better this year, I think this would be a good start for him. Gives him a little above 6mil per yr with other incentives.

Phillips - 5 years 75 Mil 55 guaranteed. Coming off the injury, we have total leverage right now. This would give almost 11 mil per year. I admit, I'm always screaming against signing injured players but this isn't that bad for an edge and I would include medical clause and have an out after 3 yrs.

Waddle - 4 yrs 80 mil 65 guaranteed. That's pretty much 16 mil per year with other incentives to make. I'm paying Waddle and getting rid of Hill in 2026. The reason I don't go higher is because of the injury history which is also why I come in a little low comparative to others in the league. Still have to draft a big tall fast compliment to Waddle though.

E Ezukanma - 3 yrs 15 mil 10 guarenteed. this is my kinda outta right field signing. I like this kid. I think he should be utilized more. We've seen him bully dudes when they attempt to tackle. Imo, we have to find a way to get this dude on the field.

These are my four. Who are yours? We have to take care of this now to avoid ANOTHER year like this year where we lose our guys we drafted. What's the consensus? Is this realistic, am I close on the numbers or am I waaaaaaay off here?

PS. I left Tua out on purpose to try and avoid another Tua thread. We all already know the situation there.
100%

Phillips might, Holland DEFINITELY wouldn't. He'd laugh, like I did.

You never know with Phillips though because one more injury could see him get next nothing.

Either way, I am not making an offer to him until I see what he can come back as.

Holland though......I WISH he'd take that.
safeties are getting cheap....

Back
Top Bottom