Players that MAY bring draft picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players that MAY bring draft picks

I think he was thinking this upcoming offseason.

Thought that was kind of obvious :ponder:

I'm a big Ronnie fan but if we could get a mid to high 1st for him I'd be all for it. I don't see that happening with his injury this season.

I would. He doesn't have the cleanest slate when it comes to injuries. He's pretty banged up. If anything a team will send a high draft pick that we'll refuse in a heartbeat.
ill take the draft pick for brown....we have way to many needs on this team

I can see Nate Garner getting traded sorta like how we traded Alleman and Ndukwe. I also can see Philip Merling getting traded with how good Starks and McDaniel is playing plus we still have Dotson. I don't know what the compensation would be though.

Actually, I think MIA will just replace ONE of our WR's with a Andre Johnson type of starter. And I believe that odd man out will be Turner.

Ginn will become the backup speedster to the #1 WR we aquire and be our starting KR. Hartline will battle it out Camarillo, Turner, and Bess for the remaining 3 WR spots with likely Turner being the odd man out.

With the addition of a playmaking TE and the #1 Andre Johnson type, we wont have such a big need for Turner's big body and Hartline, Camarillo, and Bess will beat him out, JMO.

Of course, should MIA be able to trade Camarillo for a draft pick, then I can see them keep Turner in that scenario..

the problem with this is that we dont have any trade bait our stock is bare as a babys butt.

I think we need to somehow arrange a private workout with Al Davis and Ted Ginn... Get Ginn to just run in straight lines for an hour. Then we show him all the kick and punt returns from college and NFL and tell him "if your offense can't score this guy will score on special teams for you, he is too fast".

If our execs did that we could walk out with a 1'st or at the very least their high 2'nd... instead of a 3'rd like Ginn is probably really worth.

Actually, I think MIA will just replace ONE of our WR's with a Andre Johnson type of starter. And I believe that odd man out will be Turner.

Ginn will become the backup speedster to the #1 WR we aquire and be our starting KR. Hartline will battle it out Camarillo, Turner, and Bess for the remaining 3 WR spots with likely Turner being the odd man out.

With the addition of a playmaking TE and the #1 Andre Johnson type, we wont have such a big need for Turner's big body and Hartline, Camarillo, and Bess will beat him out, JMO.

Of course, should MIA be able to trade Camarillo for a draft pick, then I can see them keep Turner in that scenario..

Wow, I think this is a bit unrealistic. I would love to get an Andre type WR, but we're talking about the TOP tier of WR's. He's there with Larry Fitz, Moss, and maybe Wayne and Calvin Johnson. I'm sure you just meant a #1, but as you will see, that may not be that easy.

I think we are more likely to land a Brandon Marshall/Boldin type but this may be very difficult as well. I just don't see Denver letting Marshall go (unless he goes off and does something stupid again). Boldin we would have to get in a trade. We are not getting Vincent Jackson. There is no way the Chargers let him go after taking the 2-3 years of developement time. He gets a big contract from the Chargers next year. Than to get a playmaking TE on top of all of this is a bit of a stretch as well. I think you have to expect Parcells to go defense again for the first couple of picks and I don't think we sign a playmaking TE in FA.

I think next years receivers will be

#1 Either draft, free agent, or trade.
#2 ginn
#3 hartline.. trade or cut either camarillo/turner, keep Bess and let him play slot only.. if we had a real threat on the outside it would free up Ginn and Bess so much more than they are now.

We NEED a #1 receiver through either draft or FA.

I think we would be able to trade Charlie Anderson for a 3rd or 4th round pick. I wouldn't want to because I really like CA, but I think some other team would go for that.

I also think Phiilip Merling could fetch us a mid-to-late round pick.

Why, I mean WHY not see what Turner can do on the field? WR has been the biggest area of complaints all year yet we have a BIG dude with hands not seeing the field. Just give him a shot!!!!!!

Wow, I think this is a bit unrealistic. I would love to get an Andre type WR, but we're talking about the TOP tier of WR's. He's there with Larry Fitz, Moss, and maybe Wayne and Calvin Johnson. I'm sure you just meant a #1, but as you will see, that may not be that easy.

I think we are more likely to land a Brandon Marshall/Boldin type but this may be very difficult as well. I just don't see Denver letting Marshall go (unless he goes off and does something stupid again). Boldin we would have to get in a trade. We are not getting Vincent Jackson. There is no way the Chargers let him go after taking the 2-3 years of developement time. He gets a big contract from the Chargers next year. Than to get a playmaking TE on top of all of this is a bit of a stretch as well. I think you have to expect Parcells to go defense again for the first couple of picks and I don't think we sign a playmaking TE in FA.

I am not sure Marshall would be a stretch here. You could give up a mid first round pick and get Marshall from Denver (which "oh by the way" we are going to have).

The question: "Would the front office trade the pick and is it beneficial to the needs of the team?"

Value wise I am certain you would not get such an immediate impact out anyone you draft in this year’s draft.

Look at the needs: LB, WR, NT, Safety and TE (listed in no particular importance).

If you are not going to draft a LB in the first why not trade the pick for a receiver of Marshall’s size and talent? You would spend less money then you would on the first round pick and fill a need with a young player. Of course his behavior in the drawback and he has been labeled as a “pour mans TO”, which probably kills this speculation in its tracks.

None the less it is at least interesting conversation to speculate on between now and the draft.

Andre Johnson is a top 3 WR if not the best. Going to be kind of tough to find a WR anywhere close to him. Be awesome if we drafted someone who ends up being top 3 but its asking a lot.

Back
Top Bottom