Players we've interviewd and a scouting report. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players we've interviewd and a scouting report.

djphinfan

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
I figure why not make our time useful and start a thread with players we have interviewd and a little report on them,I'll start off.

Trenton Simpson

The guy is a freakin animal in coverage in zone and man coverage, I mean come on, when your playing 30 reps a game at slot, far outside backer and safety your gonna miss shot a couple times, but this is not because of a lack of instincts for which ive heard multiple times, thats hogwash, ive now watched 6 full games on him.

First of all this dude is going to kill the combine so theres that, incredibly long arms, explosive intial movements, and just pure speed..

at 6'3 240 I expect he runs high 4.4 to low 4.5,I just cant believe how brett Venables used him at clemson, I mean I can because his coverage is very good, I mean there isnt a wide rceiver screen he doesnt blow up, there isnt a pass that he isnt trying to jump and deflect, he's always passing guys off in the zone while keeping his eyes on the qb.Like I said there are reps from every level of the defense.

He doesnt have any pass rush aresenal at this point, but he's a good blitzer.

I would catergorize him as an outstanding contained defender with the athleticism and speed to close quickly upfield and to the flats..

I would not put him in the inside..

I think he hesitates sometimes because he wants to make sure..But this is not someone who is a great athlete who lacks instincts, like Tindall..

after the combine im not sure he'll make it to 51 but if he did hes def on the short list.

I would be very surprised if Simpson made it to #51.

He will be taken closer to the 1st round than the Fins pick.

They would have to move up at least 10 spots to get him and they don't have the luxury of doing that.
Yeah especially after he rips this combine up

Real strong too

Trenton Simpson with a official 4.3

See ya dolphins, nice dream while it lasted, that dude in three years is gonna be an animal

4.43 - but still plenty fast.

Yasir Abdullah ran a 4.47. He reminds me some of Reddick coming out of Temple, and tested and measured very similarly.

Dorian Williams ran a 4.49.

Owen Pappoe ran a 4.39.

Campbell ran a 4.65 but posted a 6.74 3-cone.

Some solid options at LB.

4.43 - but still plenty fast.

Yasir Abdullah ran a 4.47. He reminds me some of Reddick coming out of Temple, and tested and measured very similarly.

Dorian Williams ran a 4.49.

Owen Pappoe ran a 4.39.

Campbell ran a 4.65 but posted a 6.74 3-cone.

Some solid options at LB.
Yup sorry that’s what I meant

I got this from Phinside the NFL:

Keelee Ringo CB Georgia
Cam Smith CB South Carolina
Clark Phillips III CB Utah
Tyrique Stevenson CB Miami
Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State
Julius Brents CB Kansas State
Jordan Battle S Alabama
Trenton Simpson LB Clemson
Noah Sewell LB Oregon

Demarvion Overshown LB Texas
Sam LaPorta TE Iowa
Tucker Kraft TE South Dakota State

One thing that was brought up was by looking at all these CBs, it's a pretty good indication that Byron Jones is either going to be traded(which now is highly unlikely) or released after June 1st.

I got this from Phinside the NFL:

Keelee Ringo CB Georgia
Cam Smith CB South Carolina
Clark Phillips III CB Utah
Tyrique Stevenson CB Miami
Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State
Julius Brents CB Kansas State
Jordan Battle S Alabama
Trenton Simpson LB Clemson
Noah Sewell LB Oregon

Demarvion Overshown LB Texas
Sam LaPorta TE Iowa
Tucker Kraft TE South Dakota State

One thing that was brought up was by looking at all these CBs, it's a pretty good indication that Byron Jones is either going to be traded(which now is highly unlikely) or released after June 1st.

I agree that Jones is probably gone, but even if he wasn't, the quality of the CB group warrants a in-depth look. Strong chance a guy who would typically go Top 40 is there for Miami in the 2nd.

Really like that group of CB's, too - particularly Ringo and Smith. Think they'd thrive in a Fangio D. Brents and Forbes also fit - Forbes' slightness aside.

Back
Top Bottom