Playoffs | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs

Yeah definitely a lot of bad teams this year. Of course the Patriots & Steelers are once again at the top of the conference and will most likely be a repeat of last years Conference Championship game. Sucks for fans of other teams like us Dolphin s fans.

Pitts defense gets smoked in the AFC Championship game - sounds familiar.

OK, so, the Jim Mora quote is classic, and thank you.

But while we're on the subject of epic and classic coach press statements, one of my favorites is Herm Edwards' classic statement "You play to win the game!" But it's like one of three great things he said in that press event. The explanation of how "Quitting is not even an option, and the person who told me that, he's not here anymore ... he died." And of course "when you start telling me [winning] doesn't matter, then GET OUT, RETIRE, because it MATTERS." Hey, he coached the Jets, but Herm Edwards has my eternal respect. Start at 0:19 to avoid the intro.

And the reason for this is it builds a culture and once you start losing games and tanking its hard to get out of that mentality and start winning. That's why you always play to win.

Rooting for 4-12. This team deserves it. This coaching staff deserves it. This front office deserves it. And it would be best for the fans as well to potentially get a franchise player out of it.

I hope they get more than a franchise player out of 4-12. I also want to see a new VP, GM, and Coaching staff!

Back
Top Bottom