Please no trades. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please no trades.

deathdisco

Tyranny for you
Reaction score
We dont need to trade or sign right now, if you think Im crazy then fine, but I say let us play with what we have, cause to be honest trading to go 8-8 will do more harm then good. If we are destined to go 2-14 with this team then so be it, we have a nice draft pick next year for a top RB or QB. If we go 10-6 and make then its all the better, cause Im not expecting much this year and thank god for once I wont be let down. Its a blessing in disguise I guess.

Oh yah flame on about how Im not a fan cause I dont think we have a realistic chance to make the playoffs this year and so on, dont care Im just accepting the way things have turned and I dont want the GM or Coach to ruin it to go 8-8 by making some useless trades to save there jobs.

I would agree to some degree. This isn't a 2-14 team by anymeans, however I don't think we should waste the future on what would probably be an insumountable(sp?) task of saving this year. The only trade I would like to see would be Wally for Stephen Jackson from St. Louis, and other offer wouldn't interest me.

Dajesus said:
I would agree to some degree. This isn't a 2-14 team by anymeans, however I don't think we should waste the future on what would probably be an insumountable(sp?) task of saving this year. The only trade I would like to see would be Wally for Stephen Jackson from St. Louis, and other offer wouldn't interest me.

Heh Ill take OGUN for a 1st round pick straight up, and hell 2 first round picks we can go for a RB and WR or QB

Another issue we need to consider is the future salary cap implications of signing Ogun versus trading him. We got under this year's salary cap and did our free agent signings by pushing some REALLY big obligations into the next few years. Depending on what we do, we could either give ourselves some additional breathing room or really screw ourselves.

I think at this point, we still have holes all over the offense. I believe we have a 1st rounder next year, I say keep that but trade Ogun for a RB or WR, then fix the other during the draft.

Sirspud said:
I think at this point, we still have holes all over the offense. I believe we have a 1st rounder next year, I say keep that but trade Ogun for a RB or WR, then fix the other during the draft.
if we trade o-gun it had better be for a reciever. our running back problem WILL be solved next year. e.james will be playing for the fins next year count on it.

tenndolfan said:
if we trade o-gun it had better be for a reciever. our running back problem WILL be solved next year. e.james will be playing for the fins next year count on it.
That's the only bright light in my currently very dark universe.

Jedburg said:
That's the only bright light in my currently very dark universe.

Edge is well past his prime, and is pobably only 1 more knee injury away from retiring. I would rather draft a RB, or make a deal for someone like Deshaun Foster.

Well Edgar would be nice but how many more years does he have, Id like to see us draft Carnell "Cadillac" Williams out of Auburn or something like that. Youth we need more Youth :)

deathdisco said:
We dont need to trade or sign right now, if you think Im crazy then fine, but I say let us play with what we have, cause to be honest trading to go 8-8 will do more harm then good. If we are destined to go 2-14 with this team then so be it, we have a nice draft pick next year for a top RB or QB. If we go 10-6 and make then its all the better, cause Im not expecting much this year and thank god for once I wont be let down. Its a blessing in disguise I guess.

Oh yah flame on about how Im not a fan cause I dont think we have a realistic chance to make the playoffs this year and so on, dont care Im just accepting the way things have turned and I dont want the GM or Coach to ruin it to go 8-8 by making some useless trades to save there jobs.
There is some merit to this trend of thought.Lets not panic and make bad trades in order to salvage the season.I would rather see us keeping our existing picks and stockpiling more picks from trading Ricky and maybe Ogun.Next year we should be able to get Edge and use our picks to fill our holes as they become apparent during this season.

I'd rather keep Ogun, keep our draft picks, let Minor have the opportunity to prove his worth and if he doesn't work out, go full tilt and try to sign either Shaun Alexander or Travis Henry in the post-season.

Why blow a chunk of our future for someone when there are better available options later?

There are a lot of good players still on this team and we can still can get an acceptable win record although it might be a stretch to say we would get too far in the playoffs even if we do get into them.

Why in the world would we bring in two horrible receivers to try out. Freeman and Jenkins. They are no better than what we have. Unless we make a strong move soon, we are in for a very long season.

Dajesus said:
Edge is well past his prime, and is pobably only 1 more knee injury away from retiring. I would rather draft a RB, or make a deal for someone like Deshaun Foster.

Dude, No Shot.

Dajesus said:
Well past him prime? The guy just turned 26 five days ago. Lets see how he does this year. He looked pretty good at the end of last season.

You want Foster and his knee injury almost ended his career.

Back
Top Bottom