Please no trades. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please no trades.

tenndolfan said:
if we trade o-gun it had better be for a reciever. our running back problem WILL be solved next year. e.james will be playing for the fins next year count on it.
Do not count on that before it happens. Twice Miami was reportedly the place where players were going. Deion ended up in Dallas and Brunnel ended up in Wash.

Its not a forgone conclusion that James will be in Miami. Money talks.

Dphins4me said:
Well past him prime? The guy just turned 26 five days ago. Lets see how he does this year. He looked pretty good at the end of last season.

You want Foster and his knee injury almost ended his career.

Over the past 3 years he has ,missed atleast 2 games in each season. He won't work out with the team in the offseason, and has only one 1000 yard season in the past 3. For the money it would take to sign him it would be a huge risk.

What about signing Edge and drafting an RB in the 3rd or 4th as a backup if minor doesnt play well?

Dajesus said:
Over the past 3 years he has ,missed atleast 2 games in each season. He won't work out with the team in the offseason, and has only one 1000 yard season in the past 3. For the money it would take to sign him it would be a huge risk.
True, but that does not mean he is past his prime. We all know he had the knee injury and it usually takes two years to return to form after one. I do not recall why he missed time last year, but his production looked pretty good for 13 games. Almost averaged 100 yds a game.

Now would I break the bank for him? No. If he can be signed for resonable money then I'm fine with it.

We have no shot at getting Foster. But if he SOMEHOW did become available than it would be a steal for us. I would give up the bank for Foster - hes nasty and hasnt reached his potential. First NFL run for Foster - 65 yards for a TD. The play against the Eagles in the playoffs last year - disgusting - That game against the Colts last year - nasty - In college i could tell he was a prototypical NFL back. Im sure the Panthers would rather give up Stephen Davis than get rid of Foster.

JohnnyCamp10 said:
We have no shot at getting Foster. But if he SOMEHOW did become available than it would be a steal for us. I would give up the bank for Foster - hes nasty and hasnt reached his potential. First NFL run for Foster - 65 yards for a TD. The play against the Eagles in the playoffs last year - disgusting - That game against the Colts last year - nasty - In college i could tell he was a prototypical NFL back. Im sure the Panthers would rather give up Stephen Davis than get rid of Foster.
Believe you are overhypying Foster just a touch. He is good, but not nearly as good as you are making him sound. Plus he comes with a fumbling problem and I'm still not sold on his knee just yet.

Besides everyone needs to stop dreaming about guys that are not coming to Miami.

Dphins4me said:
True, but that does not mean he is past his prime. We all know he had the knee injury and it usually takes two years to return to form after one. I do not recall why he missed time last year, but his production looked pretty good for 13 games. Almost averaged 100 yds a game.

Now would I break the bank for him? No. If he can be signed for resonable money then I'm fine with it.

Edge missed 3 games last year as he was speared in the lower back by a helmet in the first Jacksonville game. Fractured bones in his lower back. Came back and finished the season very strong.

Back
Top Bottom