Poll: If Fins finish 8-8, What should be done about the coach? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: If Fins finish 8-8, What should be done about the coach?

What should happen to Sparano if fins fail to make the playoffs or go 8-8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had to pick fire him and Ireland because there was no option to just fire Ireland. Tony is ok, but if losing him meant we would be rid of Ireland I would be a happy man.

Fire Ireland? Ok lets start over, Great Idea!!! Why don't we understand that organizational music chairs is the surest way to remain a non factor?

I voted fire him. While the OC isn't getting the job done, this is Sparano's ship and the team was built with his philosophy. A philosophy of no risks and settling for field goals.

I have this feeling that Sparano has reached his ceiling. He can build a solid team and keep the locker room happy but I just don't think he has the innovation or gamesmanship to get over the hump. That said, we do have ten more games to see if he gets better...

Fire Ireland? Ok lets start over, Great Idea!!! Why don't we understand that organizational music chairs is the surest way to remain a non factor?

Isn't the definition of insanity repeatedly doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result. This is why I feel Henning needs to go. He is just to set in his ways and isn't capable of adjusting his game plan to how the NFL is a throwing league first, and that throwing is now used to set up the run. Not the other way around. He just plays things to close to the vest which in close games against good teams will get you beat. I had a high school football coach who used to tell us when we had a lead that now is the time to "put your foot on their throat and crush them". Just once I would like to see our O try to put a team away instead of playing not to losse.

However, though I would like us to keep Sparano. He is a great motivator who's team is normally ready to play. That being said though if keeping Sparano means keeping Henning I would have to say goodbye to both of them, and please bring us Brian Billick. I would love to see him run our O and have Nolan run the D.

If we get rid of Henning that means that around Sparano in successive seasons we would have gotten rid of our Defensive, Special Teams, and Offensive Coordinators.

Only one person left after that, and it's Tony Sparano.

Sparano is not a championship caliber head coach. He's definitely coaching to keep his job, going for that 8-8 record. Our style of football does not lend to blowout wins or blowout loses. It's always gonna look like we are few plays or few players away from playoff contention.

We need more talent no matter who our head coach is. I would be for Sparano getting replaced, but that won't happen at 8-8. Only if we implode and go 5 - 11 will that happen (highly unlikely). He and Ireland get one more year to prove themselves, the length of their contracts.

Knowing this, do you think they believe that they'll bank their future careers on the arm of Chad Henne? That's the question they have to ask themselves.

Isn't the definition of insanity repeatedly doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result. This is why I feel Henning needs to go. He is just to set in his ways and isn't capable of adjusting his game plan to how the NFL is a throwing league first, and that throwing is now used to set up the run. Not the other way around. He just plays things to close to the vest which in close games against good teams will get you beat. I had a high school football coach who used to tell us when we had a lead that now is the time to "put your foot on their throat and crush them". Just once I would like to see our O try to put a team away instead of playing not to losse.

However, though I would like us to keep Sparano. He is a great motivator who's team is normally ready to play. That being said though if keeping Sparano means keeping Henning I would have to say goodbye to both of them, and please bring us Brian Billick. I would love to see him run our O and have Nolan run the D.

While I am not for firing Ireland. Henning is a concern to me too. I think that once this organization feels that Henne (assuming that they are ready to stand by him long term) is matured enough in his basic understanding of the position a move may be imminent. Henning IMO is a decent OC for a young QB. He allows growth to happen before bum rushing him with a complicated offense. He puts them in spots to have success while limiting their exposure to confidence deflating situations. Again this goes with my idea that this team is being built under a focused plan. Either they decide that Henning needs to open it up or they go elsewhere. The problem that we are having is when do we move from baby sitting a young team to throwing them in the deep end of the pool. I think we are headed towards the deep end based on the pure thought that we would tread water through the early season gauntlet. I think this is the plan. Time to sink or swim.

Keep him regardless of this seasons record. Sporano is in his 3rd year as head coach of the dolphins and I can say he is the best coach we have had since Don Shula.

The way I see it, Sporano took over the job with no prior head coaching experience. He was working under the shadow of Bill Parcells. Bill Parcells put this thing together and assembled his coaching crew, along with Ireland. Bill Parcells is now gone, therefore none of his coaching staff should feel safe anymore. Sporano is doing what any other coach in the NFL would do in defending his coaching staff, but I don't think it means he agrees with what Henning is doing or has done. Give him and Ireland a chance to take over the reigns on their own from this point on. I have a feeling they are giving Henning his last chance.

If we get rid of Henning that means that around Sparano in successive seasons we would have gotten rid of our Defensive, Special Teams, and Offensive Coordinators.

Only one person left after that, and it's Tony Sparano.

Sparano is not a championship caliber head coach. He's definitely coaching to keep his job, going for that 8-8 record. Our style of football does not lend to blowout wins or blowout loses. It's always gonna look like we are few plays or few players away from playoff contention.

We need more talent no matter who our head coach is. I would be for Sparano getting replaced, but that won't happen at 8-8. Only if we implode and go 5 - 11 will that happen (highly unlikely). He and Ireland get one more year to prove themselves, the length of their contracts.

Knowing this, do you think they believe that they'll bank their future careers on the arm of Chad Henne? That's the question they have to ask themselves.

Up to now they have banked it on Henne. I don't see it changing.

IMO, 8 - 8 is not bad considering the schedule played and having to work with a senial OC who still thinks he is coaching in the 80's.

But it's the HC's responsability to fire the OC if he sucks...

We have a better chance of winning if we keep Sparano, opposed to rebuilding AGAIN, and AGAIN, and again..

I'm awfully close to being in the "Coach Sparano needs to go" camp. For me to regain faith in him, I would want to see him fire Henning IMMEDIATELY and promote someone with creative mind and an aggressive approach...no more of these stupid and predictable plays.

And where are all these exotic blitzes from Mike Nolan? Is he being handcuffed by Coach Sparano? With the exception of a couple games by Cameron Wake, our defense looks eerily similar to Pasqualoni's defense of last year, being stonewalled by everyone's offensive lines and receivers running wide open at critical times.

One person I'm quite disappointed in is Jeff Ireland. I'm convinced that he is the type of GM who can assemble enough talent to get a team to 8-8 or 9-7, but don't expect much more. With the exceptions of Jake Long and Vontae Davis, he and Parcells have failed on too many critical draft picks.

We need to keep him I believe he will only continue to learn from his mistakes and get better. Bobby Carpenter said there was alot of yelling here which means he holds players accountable for their play and we need a guy like that. Im tired of people thinking that 3 years is all you need to build a winner just because Jimmy Johnson said 3 years. If we continue to build and keep continuity with a tweek here and there IE. Henning we should have a winner soon enough. If we start over that means Henne will not be the coach's guy and we will need to find a new QB as well. Henne has been improving as has Sparano and the team. We need to give it time.

Back
Top Bottom