Poll: Peyton induced cast away better choice than Flynn? A Smith, Hasselbeck, Tebow | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Peyton induced cast away better choice than Flynn? A Smith, Hasselbeck, Tebow

Which jettisoned QB is worth a spot on the fins?

• Matt Hasselbeck

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Tim Tebow

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Alex Smith

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I want Flynn

Votes: 78 54.9%
  • Roll with Moore

Votes: 33 23.2%

• Total voters

catch22

New Mexico Fin Fan
Reaction score
What do you guys think? All three teams still in the running for Peyton Manning would probably jettison their former starting QB, who would you take if any? or would you rather roll with Moore or get Flynn?

Below are the stats from last year:

QBage 24Tebow, TimACTTDS12INT6YDS1,729RTG72.9DEN

QBage 27Smith, AlexUFATDS17INT5YDS3,144RTG90.7SF

QBage 36Hasselbeck, MattACTTDS18INT14YDS3,571RTG82.4TEN

QBage 27Moore, MattACTTDS16INT9YDS2,497RTG87.1MIA

Matt Hasselbeck is decent, but old.
Alex Smith excelled because he finally had an offense he felt comfortable in. Didn't have to make big throws, just smart decisions. Not sure if he'll find the same success with the Dolphins.
Tim Tebow is a little prick distraction that I wouldn't hire to be waterboy.

I'd rather take a shot at Flynn.

I Think Flynn is our best shot, but Alex Smith will always bbe a number 1 pick...and maybe he will develope one day to taht level

I think Flynn and a trade up for Blackmon would get us back in the thick of things!

First choice is Flynn, second is Moore, and I want nothing to do with those other three.

If you cant sign Flynn, and if Alex Smith were available I would grab him. He is athletic, accurate and experienced and has reached his prime.

Let's not add anymore stop gap QBs to our already long list, let's roll with Moore one more year and see what's available next year

Matt Flynn and Matt Moore over Alex Smith? At least Smith has proven you can win with him. I'm not crazy about Smith, but you never know. He's young. Drew Brees didn't set the league on fire in his first couple of seasons. And SF barely had any WR's, they had Ted Ginn starting for them.

I would be intrigued by Smith to be honest. he showed a lot of improvement last year and I have a feeling that the offense that is being brought here is as much about smarts as it is about physical tools...

Tough choice between Flynn and Smith.

Flynn will know the offense and has potential due to that knowledge since he's a system QB.

Smith is not all-world (yet? -maybe? I dont know.) but the guy has serious potential and did QB a team that went 13-3. Say what you will about how involved he was in that but he was the QB of that offense, he was the general, and he got 13 wins and had 17 TD to 5 Int.

I haven't seen either of them play much (can't say one would be drastically better than the other) so either of them would be fine for competition for Moore.

Who do I favor? Hrmmm...I'd favor Smith slightly over Flynn but only due to actual NFL game experience but that's it.

Back
Top Bottom