Poll: The Greatest Coach in NFL History Not Named Shula | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: The Greatest Coach in NFL History Not Named Shula

I voted Walsh. He was the most innovative coach of the past 35 years. Belicheck will prolly end up with more rings, and really when he is retired then the true answer will be known.

If Walsh coached longer in SF, he'd present a better argument. He's my favorite HC, but if we're looking at accomplishments, it's BB.

Jimmy Johnson could have made a run for the title, but he got bored too quickly in Miami. If he hadn't already accomplished so much, I think he would have stuck around to make it work.

Joe Gibbs also deserves a shout out.

Too many coaches with a profound impact on the game to designate just one with the greatest label.

Paul Brown, George Halas, Vince Lombardi, Chuck Noll, Curly Lambeau, Tom Landry, Joe Gibbs, Bill Walsh, Bill Belichick, and of course the winningest of them all with the only undefeated season in NFL history - Don Shula, all deserve the accolade.

I always consider Marv Levy in the conversation, just on the merit of taking a team to four consecutive Super Bowls. Even without winning one, and not cheating, I don’t see that being repeated by another coach, maybe ever.

I had no idea there was a similarly spelled username here.

Back
Top Bottom