Poor Sooners | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poor Sooners

AirFishOne said:
Did I also mention on that drive there was a PI call on us that when they showed the replay on the jumbotron you could clearly see that it was tipped by C.J Ah You then our saftey Darein Williams tackled the intended reciever.

It was reviewed and the refs said that it was a PI...all Duck fans were amazed at the terrible call...it would of made it 3rd and 10....but still should of never happened

Yeah, the Duck fans were also amazed at this call which led to a new set of downs and a 30 yard TD on a push off that the refs also missed:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rRxkfxF6DFI

By the way, the PI you are talking about happened on first down. The whole TD drive took 3 plays. If they hadn't called PI, the Ducks still would have scored, but more time would have been used and OU wouldn't have had any time at the end to try for the field goal.

It's time to get over the loss and move on.

Phalanx said:
Yeah, the Duck fans were also amazed at this call which led to a new set of downs and a 30 yard TD on a push off that the refs also missed:

By the way, the PI you are talking about happened on first down. The whole TD drive took 3 plays. If they hadn't called PI, the Ducks still would have scored, but more time would have been used and OU wouldn't have had any time at the end to try for the field goal.

oh so i guess your another one of those duck fans who try to say the game's officiating was even for both teams....ok...:shakeno:

Phalanx said:
As much as it sucks and I hate the feeling of being jobbed by the officials. (I personally hate ANYtime the officials make a game changing call - especially if it is at all questionable)

But come on dude, move on...

Phalanx said:

Ok Ill take away the TD that Malcolm Kelly pushed off on...we would of scored anyway right? What im trying to say is this...anything can happen if they dont call the PI on us...we could force a fuumble and yall dont score...

But if they call the PI on Kelly when he scored we could turned the ball over and not scored...do you see what im trying to say...it is hard to explain or to type i guess :D

Oboy said:
As much as it sucks and I hate the feeling of being jobbed by the officials. (I personally hate ANYtime the officials make a game changing call - especially if it is at all questionable)

But come on dude, move on...

Oh I have...Midd-Tenn St will get destoryed I almost feel srry for them :lol:

I am not a big Sooner fan, but I watched the entire game, including the on side kick, and Oklahoma was flat out robbed.

The game should be nullified. Or Oklahoma could pull a Stanford(a la '82 vs Cal, "the play") and keep in thier records the final score before that kickoff.

AirFishOne said:
Ok Ill take away the TD that Malcolm Kelly pushed off on...we would of scored anyway right? What im trying to say is this...anything can happen if they dont call the PI on us...we could force a fuumble and yall dont score...

But if they call the PI on Kelly when he scored we could turned the ball over and not scored...do you see what im trying to say...it is hard to explain or to type i guess :D

No...what happens is that the refs get the delay of game penalty right and that makes it 3rd and 15 from the OU 25. Oregon gets the ball back with good field position and OU gets no push-off TD from Kelly. Oregon keeps its momentum that the refs took away, and they keep moving the ball they they did AD (that means 'all day').

That is what should have happened, and we wouldn't even be talking about a stupid onside kick.

The refs were bad all day, and it was high time Oregon got a call. When they did, they scored on OU's sorry defense and then blocked a field goal. Game over. How can any Sooner fan say they deserved to win with a straight face when they watched their team roll over for two touchdowns in as many minutes? Unreal.

AirFishOne said:
oh so i guess your another one of those duck fans who try to say the game's officiating was even for both teams....ok...:shakeno:
Well, how about this? Oregon is driving toward yet another touchdown when the refs call this a fumble on Jonathan Stewart. Let me ask such an unbiased observor as yourself: Does this look like a fumble to you?

356574-1.jpg

I guess Oklahoma was using the refs to cheat and try to win, huh? Maybe Oregon's President should write a freaking letter or something.

clear.gif

Notice anything funny about that play clock? This was a 25 yard pass play for the Sooners. Weeeeeee!!

clear.gif

Push? What Push? This looks like incidental contact! Touchdown Sooners!

Back
Top Bottom