Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc)

Branch wake and hayes all are going to get a good number of snaps.. Gase found out we are better when wake is on the field.. i know we need young talent but i want the rd 1 pick to play A LOT

I'd actually put DE low on the needs list with Branch, Hayes and Wake...

I'd shoot something if we passed on Barnett and Charlton for a ****ing guard.

Except it wouldn't even be a guard. Lamp is a college tackle who's being touted as a guard convert. We've really enjoyed those tackle converts here in Miami lately....

We have players with starting experience at those spots is my point

Dallas Thomas has starting experience, unlike Lamp. Want him at LG?

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

I'd actually put DE low on the needs list with Branch, Hayes and Wake...

Wake - 35
Hayes - 31 (1 year deal)
Branch - Not very good

Certainly not but I think you know my point. We upgraded all the spots you mentioned. I know Nate Allen is very debatable

Wake only has a couple years left and Hayes will be gone next year. You can't just look to draft for this year. You have to draft for the future. DE, LB, OG, FS, & CB are all big needs. Even DT & TE could be needs going into 2018.

Branch wake and hayes all are going to get a good number of snaps.. Gase found out we are better when wake is on the field.. i know we need young talent but i want the rd 1 pick to play A LOT

I agree, but I fully expect any of the DE possibilities at 22 to be better by Andre Branch at least midway through the season. I'd rather Branch as a rotational guy, like Hayes.

Regardless.... This may be Wake's last season as a starter, and Hayes is gone after the season. A rookie can come in and compete with Branch right away and would be the projected starter by next year the latest.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Wake - 35
Hayes - 31 (1 year deal)
Branch - Not very good

Hayes is on a one year contract and over 30, Branch is mediocre at best and Wake is 135 years old

8122cd2ae24bd137fea90255b9a56fbc7c2ccb035dec34b16acd3859a41ea3ad.jpg

Hayes is on a one year contract and over 30, Branch is mediocre at best and Wake is 135 years old

... and by all accounts this is a very strong DE draft so will wait till next year when its a dire dire need?... nah that would not be smart. Draft the premium position early in the draft or pay up later in FA- way up - for a difference maker.

I've been outvoted it looks like :lol:

rr9j6.jpg

... and by all accounts this is a very strong DE draft so will wait till next year when its a dire dire need?... nah that would not be smart. Draft the premium position early in the draft or pay up later in FA- way up - for a difference maker.

Exactly.

If we're a playoff team again next season.... You're not getting a Taco Charlton, Charles Harris, Takkarist McKinley, or Derek Barnett in the 20s in 2018. Take him now and be done with it.

I see Daeshon Hall as being criminally underrated and I hope we profit from the chance.

We need youth at DE. As far as immediate impact 1st round pick DE might not be the position you look for. That would probably go to guard or FS. I wouldn't have any issue grabbing one of those two needs if a guy is graded similarly and looking for a DE in round 2 or 3. It's easy to say that well we have these 3 guys and some are old and some are average, but that's not generally the point people are making. The point I think most are making is that we have a 3 deep rotation at DE, and for this upcoming season that is true. We have pretty well 1 elite pass rusher and 1 elite run defender, and one guy who's kind of average. In the NFL that's a pretty good group and not a top level need. Not like we can't find a contributor at DE outside of the 1st round.

I'm not opposed to DE in round 1 at all, but there could be more immediate impact position groups worth looking at. If a DE is graded significantly higher, and this is obviously supposed to be a good draft for it, then you pull the trigger since it's a premium position and we don't exactly have a ton of long term security there.

Back
Top Bottom