Post Game Thoughts - Succaneers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Game Thoughts - Succaneers

J. David Wannyheimer

Writing in pencil on laminated cards since 2011
Club Member
Reaction score
Well, let's just get right down to it.

- Time to officially start talking officially about the draft and free agency.

- Jay Cutler had one really bad throw in the first half. It was an awful throw, and it was intercepted. Nonetheless, I thought Jay Cutler was OK after being terrible in Carolina.

- Devante Parker slip and fall on interception #1. Could the ball have been thrown better? Yes. Would it have been intercepted if Parker wasn't face-planted in the turf? No. Devante Parker then pops the ball in the air on interception #3. Can't blame Cutler for that.

- Matt Moore came in and played pretty well in the second half. He was way off on maybe three or four throws that I saw, but he made good decisions with the football and hit open receivers.

- Offensive design and play-calling was good today. Plays are there to be made. Guys are very open all over the field, all day.

- Memo to Damien Williams: when you are handed the ball on 2nd and 1 in the 4th quarter and you see there's no daylight there, at least have the decency to fall forward. Did you really need to bounce that one outside?

- Jermon Bushrod, NO MAS. Asiata active next week, please. Ted Larsen is a mediocre football player. Laremy Tunsil is certainly not living up to his draft pedigree. Pouncey OVERPAID AND OVERRATED.

- On the bright side, #77 Jesse Davis looked good at right tackle. He struggled at guard against Gerald McCoy, but the performance we got from him at RT today before Bushrod got hurt was more than adequate.

- Jarvis Landry's fumble was a real back-breaker. I thought Juice gave tremendous effort and overall played a heck of a football game today, but that fumble was bad, and wound up being one of the key factors to cost Miami the game.

- Miami was on the receiving end of some very questionable calls in crucial spots.

The NFL has a serious problem with officiating. People talk a lot about the reason NFL ratings are down, but why not point out one real big elephant in the room? The fact that from week to week, game to game, nobody is sure what the hell constitutes a penalty or what absurd justification will be used to uphold or overturn a replay challenge?

Oh, and memo to Steve Ross: fork over the dough for some end zone cameras. Thanks.

- Our kick return team has been dreadful this season. Grant in particular has made some awful decisions on when to run the ball out. I do give Grant credit for becoming a sure-handed punt returner, I suppose. His improvement there has been night and day.

- Defense was not good in the first half. Overpursuit and soft zone coverages make it look easy for the opposing offense. Probably because it IS easy for the opposing offense when the Dolphins play the way they did in the first half... and then in the 2 minute drill to end the game.

- #30 Cordrea Tankersley is a good football player. Every week, I think back to the draft scouting report that said Tankersley wasn't physical, wasn't interested in making tackles, and didn't want to stick his nose in to go after a runner inside the hashes. And every week, I see him go up and attack ball-carriers without hesitation.

- The two strong safeties and no free safety experiment isn't working. TJ McDonald is actually a pretty good safety and has made some good physical plays, but we need a rangy guy back there who can break on the football in coverage.

- The D played hard in the second half. They didn't quit. I can't really blame them for giving up 20 points in this game considering the spots they were put in with the 4 turnovers. That said, soft coverage in the two minute drill was disgusting.

- The field was a lot better today. Thankfully.

And that's about all I've got. It was a poorly played football game between two bad teams, called by a washed up announcing crew, and refereed by incompetent morons.

Last edited:
Poor Matt Moore will likely be judged again on a road game against a tough opponent, Fins will lose bad and Cutler will be reinserted.

Hell at least play Moore for the fans . . . he at least makes the Dolphins some what entertaining on offense.

Two bad teams fighting for a meaningless win. At least we got glimpses of competent play.

And the refs were inexcusably bad.

Running into the kicker vs. Roughing the kicker
Phantom PI on Thomas/Fasano on the TD
We all know that was a CLEAR safety
False Start not called, Defensive holding on our DT and a missed delay of game on the same drive
Phantom holding call on the Cutler bomb to Juice
Phantom Kiko personal foul on Fitzpatrick

Just terrible stuff

Last edited:
Excellent points throughout...

Can we please get a line and back that can get us 1 yard in 3 carries in a crucial position in a tight game...

Does Rizzi ever add up the 6 - 10 yards we lose when Grant brings the ball out and is tacked well short of the 25 and think, huh, is this a good idea.

Is there a LB in the draft that that can run with TEs and RBs?

Give me a real FS who can run, cover and hawk balls next to Jones.

We should have committed a penalty on the last XP just to tie the team record. Yay, us!

Refs are making games unwatchable.

Poor Matt Moore will likely be judged again on a road game against a tough opponent, Fins will lose bad and Cutler will be reinserted.

Hell at least play Moore for the fans . . . he at least makes the Dolphins some what entertaining on offense.

Gase will not do this. He will return to Cutler for some unfathomable reason.

Moore is good coming off the bench and providing a spark. Its odd but the team looks energetic with him playing unlike when Cutler takes snaps. Seasons over so I’d go with Fales or Doughty and let Moore come off the bench if needed.

And that's about all I've got. It was a poorly played football game between two bad teams, called by a washed up announcing crew, and refereed by incompetent morons.
Ugggh...You're right. I know you're a Cutler fan but the only thing that could have made this game worse is if Cutler and Bushrod hadn't gotten injured. I was happy to see their sorry asses out of the game.

Does NE open up as a three TD favorite? Because they should. And I'd lay those points every damn day.

Moore is good coming off the bench and providing a spark. Its odd but the team looks energetic with him playing unlike when Cutler takes snaps. Seasons over so I’d go with Fales or Doughty and let Moore come off the bench if needed.

Moore starting vs. the Jets and even the Bills last year is pretty much better than anything we have seen from Cutler this year. Hell Moore starts in 2011 are better.

I don't believe the Bmore game should be judge and jury on him.

But it will be.

Ugggh...You're right. I know you're a Cutler fan but the only thing that could have made this game worse is if Cutler and Bushrod hadn't gotten injured. I was happy to see their sorry asses out of the game.

I'm hardly a Cutler fan, but blaming him for Devante Parker playing football on a slip n slide out there is completely ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom