Post your Sleeper Pick here | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post your Sleeper Pick here

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
Hey guys, do any of you have any sleeper picks that might fall under the radar to us. If so, post it or a video for us to take a look. Tell us a little about why you like him. I really like a small receiver out of TCU named Josh Boyce. He is about the same size and speed as Tavon Austin....somewhere in the 4.3's. I am not saying he is Austin, but maybe a poor man's Austin. I think he could be around late in the 4th or sometime in the 5th round. If we move Davone Bess for a nice fast slot receiver, Boyce would be a nice pickup.

[video=youtube;tey0mfnNKJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tey0mfnNKJI[/video]

I want us to come out of the draft with two recivers Ryan Swope (who nationwide is a bit of a sleeper) and a kid from Tennesse called Zach Rodgers. While looking at videos of the bigger name receivers at Tennesse I noticed Rodgers and I really like him. He is getting zero media attention and he can probably be picked up very late in the draft,

There's not much on youtube about him, but here is one nice play

[video=youtube;NxBKJ9QUKKQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxBKJ9QUKKQ[/video]

he didn't get invited to the combine but he reputedly ran a 4.46 on his pro day.

Kid isnt a stud but I think hes a really nice late round prospect who would be more highly thought of if he didnt play in the same offense as Patterson and Hunter.

Not sure of the spelling too lazy to look it up but Swenke the center from Cal is one of my favorite players in this draft. His quickness out of his stance and ability to pull are special and I think he could be a solid guard in the zone scheme.

Linebacker Jake Knott or AJ Klein out of Iowa State. Together they were one of the best linebacker tandems in the NCAA. Knott is always at 110% and makes good reads of the offense consistently. One of the smartest defenders in the Big 12 the last few years. He's always in on nearly every tackle and really pretty good in pass coverage. Always comes up with a game changing interception when you need it. Very gritty player. Played entire Baylor game junior year with a bad shoulder injury and had team mate Klein pop his dislocated shoulder back into place several times. He finished with 11 tackles. Returned senior year with same shoulder injury and played most of the season with it. First-team all Big 12 despite missing 4 games for injury. Averaged 10 tackler per game in his career. Ran a 4.76 at the combine and benched I believe 20 times. He can be pushed around by more physical receivers and tight ends and he needs to get better at shedding blocks. Not a very great blitzing linebacker. He has room to add more bulk. Tips a lot of passes over the middle. He's quick and fast enough to get around most blocks. Diagnoses quickly; has great instincts. Fights through traffic. He will occasionally take a bad angle and/or be a little too aggressive. Able to stick with receivers in man on crossing routes. Great in zone; makes a good read and breaks to the ball quickly. Rarely caught by play action. Vocal leader of the entire team - captain. Coach on the field and he tutors younger players on the sideline. When he was injured, he played as big of a part as the defensive coordinator Wally Burnham had - very smart player. Will play hurt and do whatever the coaches want out of him. Scholar athlete; he is active in the community.

Knott is the guy you want on your team. He will do whatever it takes to put his team in a winning situation. If you want an OLB to rush the passer, this isn't your guy. If you want a linebacker who gets to the ball and make plays, you'll find a spot for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caIpO5jRw7M
(not Knott's best game, but only one I could find)

Klein is the more polished of the two linebackers. Led Iowa State in tackles every year and was 2011 Big 12 co-defensive player of the year. Many of the same strengths of Knott, but no injury problems. Has 4 interceptions returned for interceptions, tied for most from FBS linebackers. Very high motor and very good tackler. Also a very smart player. 33-inch vertical and a 40 time of 4.66. Strong and bulky enough to take on linemen. Good balance, flexible around the edge. Can struggle with changing direction. Plays with fire and intensity and fire. Able to respectfully challenge coaches and communicate ideas. Unquestioned leader and 3 year starter. Has played every linebacker position. He does whatever he is asked to do. Diagnoses quickly, rarely takes a false step. Very disiplined and very consistent. Fights his way through blockers to get to the ball carrier and is always aware of cracks and pulls One of the best players in pursuit; makes plays all over the field. Takes great angles. Good blitzer, but not asked to blitz a lot. Very good in zone coverage, he reads the QB well. Stays with his assignment. He can be inconsistent when jamming receivers and TEs. Makes up for his less than ideal athleticism with instincts (a lot like Zach Thomas). Great on special teams, could be a 4 down linebacker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjydMAu5kfg

Either one of these guys could be great at the next level. Lots of upside for both of them. Klein could go in the top 100 and Knott could drop into the 5th if teams are worried about his shoulder.

Sio Moore, LB UConn.
A sleeper in the sense that he hasn't gotten much attention on FH because of his position, but will likely be BPA at 2b (or even 3a where I've seen him projected, which is low imo). I think he's a top-40 talent. Versatile and consistent: played weakside (probably in NFL), strongside, and hand-in-dirt pass rush at UConn. Nice in coverage on TEs and bigger WRs, very agile, solid wrap-up tackler, smooth backpedal, ran a 4.6, some edge-rush skills with speed and a nice first step. Just a great football player who can do different things for you. (EDIT: This video can also double as a Dwayne Gratz tape (#7), who I really like at the same picks, 2b and more likely 3a. Trevardo Williams (#48) for the 4th, too, (undersized) edge-rusher. Nice defense they had this year.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6_HT4cxbo&feature=player_embedded

Cory Grissom, DT USF.
Great lower-body strength and get-off at the snap, quick first step. Big guy who demands double-teams, and in the video below (#46) you see nice push into the backfield forcing runningbacks to turn the play elsewhere. Question marks I've seen are upper-body strength and inconsistent discipline within a play, 'wings it' at times. I like him in the 5th.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4PtHktLHUM

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry Hawthorn CB , David Quessenberry OT, Zach Line FB

Greg Ried VSU formerly of FSU. Torn his ACL so hes a long term pick but damn he good when healthy.

Micah Hyde is a cab out of Iowa worth a look in the 4th or so. I think Swope at 77/82 is the key to this draft for us.

Super Sleeper: DE Meshak Williams Kansas State- loved his play all year. Plays hard and seems to have a nose for the ball
Sleeper: CB Nickell Roby, USC- underestimate him at your risk. He is small, but can fly and is tough kid. Special teams dynamo
Go that everyone knows, but does not talk enough about: RB Jonathan Franklin UCLA...everyone knows him, but he is my pick for ROY. I love the kid. He will be a long time pro.

Kenny Stills from Oklahoma. When he was on the NFL Network for the playmakers thing every answer he gave I absolutely loved and respected. He just seems like a kid that will work hard and not take anything for granted and also think he will be a solid player for a late round pick.

Back
Top Bottom