Posters over at GangGreen seem to think the Jets will go 11-5. wut | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Posters over at GangGreen seem to think the Jets will go 11-5. wut

I get defensive when people make evaluations based on one half of preseason football, that's silly and you are better than that. preseason tells us very little- good OR bad.

Again, its not just 2 PS games. It's a trend and that trend is continuing. The Dolphins OL trend has been lousy for several years. Looking at where they are now indicates the trend is continuing. Not hard to see.

Ironic that the homer jest is most grouped in and associated with on TGG, Hobbes, keeps predicting 11-5 for them.

Hobbes is a moron that contradicts himself constantly and shoots from the hip to try and prove a point. That guy is without a doubt the worst poster I have ever read.

Junc knows football he's just a homer :

I haven't the slightest clue. Maybe b/c you're in love with the guy so much you see things no one else does in him?

or maybe b/c I am fair and I realize all the things going on around him. fans and the media want the easy answers- the team loses it's got to be all so and so's fault but the truth is he played a role but he didn't have much of a chance. I have seen so many supposed better QBs melt in big spots, QBs w/ great #s and better talent to work with that fall on their faces in January. mark has proven a team can win BIG with him, that is all that matters to me.

or maybe b/c I am fair and I realize all the things going on around him. fans and the media want the easy answers- the team loses it's got to be all so and so's fault but the truth is he played a role but he didn't have much of a chance. I have seen so many supposed better QBs melt in big spots, QBs w/ great #s and better talent to work with that fall on their faces in January. mark has proven a team can win BIG with him, that is all that matters to me.

That's fine you feel that way. Hinge your beliefs he'll "lead" them back to the AFCCG like he did 3 and 4 years ago. You expect them to win 6-7 games this year so those AFCCGs will then be 4 and 5 years ago. What then?

I have no idea what he will do, I do know he can play in this league and if we surround him w/ more talent he can help us win. This is a new regime, this year is about taking a positive step. 6-7 wins will be a positive step(assuming we get better as the season progresses) enough to keep rex's job and we have a ton of cap room and picks next year to make a playoff push again.

Our talent is obviously less w/o the best defensive player in the game but even w/o revis our D was pretty good a year ago and on paper is better than the post revis injury version we had.

I haven't paid a lot of attention to who replaced the starters lost in free agency. Can you give me a short rundown of which players are replacing the defensive starters and key contributors that were lost in free agency? I know Devito, Pouha, Thomas, Scott, Pace, Landry and Bell were all older players but just replacing them with younger, faster players doesn't necessarily make those spots upgraded.

I have no idea what he will do, I do know he can play in this league and if we surround him w/ more talent he can help us win. This is a new regime, this year is about taking a positive step. 6-7 wins will be a positive step(assuming we get better as the season progresses) enough to keep rex's job and we have a ton of cap room and picks next year to make a playoff push again.

New Regime? Last I checked sexy Rexy is still the coach. Getting rid of Sparano will mark a slight improvement, but I just don't see you guys going 11-5. 8-8 tops.

you put stock in preseason results? our D will be very good, we have one of the best defensive minds in the game and a ton of talent. A lot of it is young so there will be growing pains but rex isn't showing anything in preseason.

ahhh...if your d was gonna be legit they would have gotten the jags off the field on o...that was a shocker frankly...they went quick and had your defense on its heels the entire time...i mean right down the field repeatedly...

there's writing on the wall with the jets...

you put stock in preseason results? our D will be very good, we have one of the best defensive minds in the game and a ton of talent. A lot of it is young so there will be growing pains but rex isn't showing anything in preseason.

i think the jets d has potential with some of the young players but overall i dont see that much talent at key spots. nice looking dline and i think milliner will be good in time but that linebacking corp/ pass rush doesnt look too good and i think the safety play will be a letdown this year.

they really need to add an impact cover safety or outside passrusher. they should also look to upgrade at least one of the ilb spots if harris doesnt return to form or davis doesnt step up.

I haven't paid a lot of attention to who replaced the starters lost in free agency. Can you give me a short rundown of which players are replacing the defensive starters and key contributors that were lost in free agency? I know Devito, Pouha, Thomas, Scott, Pace, Landry and Bell were all older players but just replacing them with younger, faster players doesn't necessarily make those spots upgraded.

Remember we played most of the year w/o Revis and still had a good year defensively though to be fair it was a little skewed in that opposing Os were very conservative knowing how bad our O/STs were and knowing if they didn't turn it over they would likely win.

Cro isn't revis, no one is but he's a top corner in this league.

Millner moves into Wilson's spot and Wilson is our nickel corner. Upgrade on paper

Our safeties weren't as good as people think a year ago but on paper we have downgraded w/ Landry's brother(though he has experience in rex's system) and it looks like Jaiquawn Jarrett will be the other safety- he has had a good camp.

The DL is where we are really improved, remember that Pouha didn't really play last year so we aren't replacing him b/c he was already gone. Mo Wilkerson is already a top DE in this league and getting better, Ellis is moving into year 3 and Richardson has really impressed in camp and preseason. Coples will move btw LB and DL depending upon the situation, IF he's healthy(now he's out until probably week 2) it is expected he will be taking a big step forward from a good rookie year.

The LBs were bad last year, Harris by all accounts looks quicker having slimmed down a bit, davis was being groomed to take over for Scott a year ago and a reason we didn't bring him back at a reduced salary. pace has had a great camp, maybe the releasing kicked him in the butt? he's a solid player.

This group is much younger and faster, we have 5 1st rd picks in the last 4 drafts and while that doesn't guarantee anything it means we do have talent and the biggest reason I think we'll be good defensively?

REX RYAN, he's running the D this year, he got more involved last year and we improved but now he's running it. he is one of the best defensive minds in the game.

W/ all this said I don't expect a top D but I expect we'll be good enough to stay competitive w/ this D especially after the young guys get comfortable.

New Regime? Last I checked sexy Rexy is still the coach. Getting rid of Sparano will mark a slight improvement, but I just don't see you guys going 11-5. 8-8 tops.

new GM, got rid of a lot of older players.

ahhh...if your d was gonna be legit they would have gotten the jags off the field on o...that was a shocker frankly...they went quick and had your defense on its heels the entire time...i mean right down the field repeatedly...

there's writing on the wall with the jets...

so we judge based on one half of one preseason game against a vanilla D while Jax was in the hurry up? lamar Miller is going to suck this year, did you see him the last 2 preseason games? the writing is on the wall.

I guess we should show all the exotic looks like Buffalo to impress in preseason rather than wait until the real games?

i think the jets d has potential with some of the young players but overall i dont see that much talent at key spots. nice looking dline and i think milliner will be good in time but that linebacking corp/ pass rush doesnt look too good and i think the safety play will be a letdown this year.

they really need to add an impact cover safety or outside passrusher. they should also look to upgrade at least one of the ilb spots if harris doesnt return to form or davis doesnt step up.

The DL has a chance to be one of the best in the league, the corners are more than solid, ILBs look good, the question spots are at S and OLB.

We don't have a Cam Wake type pass rusher but we have more pass rush ability this year than at any time during the Rex years.

Shouldn't most QBs be able to win when they have talent around them? For each year the Jets aren't back in the AFCCG I wonder how many more excuses you'll make for Sanchez.

Shouldn't most QBs be able to win when they have talent around them? For each year the Jets aren't back in the AFCCG I wonder how many more excuses you'll make for Sanchez.

They should be "elite" Eli has missed the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years in a weak division w/ SB caliber talent around him.

Back
Top Bottom