Posters over at GangGreen seem to think the Jets will go 11-5. wut | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Posters over at GangGreen seem to think the Jets will go 11-5. wut

oh and before there is any doubt...

Indy, Seattle, SF, Denver, Baltimore, New England, SF, Carolina, Washington, Pitt, SD, NYG, Detroit, ATL, NO.. (can make arguments for Dallas, Miami even that the GM's first work would not be to find a new QB)

None of those teams currently require a total swap at QB. That is half the league basically. May even be able to add the Dolphins in here, but for the sake of argument, lets keep them out. If the above teams got a new GM, the QB would not be replaced.

If mark is healthy I think we can be a playoff contender, Holmes will be back soon, our weapons are much better than last year(if we stay healthy), the OL is better, the D minus one play showed a glimpse of what they can do the other night. if mark didn't get hurt I'd feel great today, it doesn't sound like he will miss time which is good but nothing is confirmed yet.

I am slowly but surely feeling much better about this team, I wish we didn't have the distraction of the Sanchez incident the other night and that he was fully healthy but I feel good. We're not winning a SB and most likely won't make the playoffs but I think we will be competitive.

I am slowly but surely feeling much better about this team, I wish we didn't have the distraction of the Sanchez incident the other night and that he was fully healthy but I feel good. We're not winning a SB and most likely won't make the playoffs but I think we will be competitive.

Did you sign a QB that we don't know about?

This is based ont he assumption Mark is healthy and ready to go, if not then my expectations are gone.

I agree they play better with Sanchez. With Smith they are staring at 0-16. With Sanchez they get 3-4 wins. After all Smith threw 3 int's in 3 quarters and Sanchez fumbled the ball away his first series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jets are not a playoff contender but they are definitely better with Sanchez. I saw some funny posts over at Gang Green saying stuff like "WOW Geno has incredible zip on the ball! Look at that tight spiral! Lol Sanchez can't do that!"

Which is just funny to me. Mark Sanchez has a pretty good arm and can definitely throw a tight spiral with zip on it. Mark's problem is that he turns the ball over a lot and is wildly inconsistent.

Geno looks TERRIBLE. If Sanchez misses a significant amount of time or if the injury hampers him, that team is in serious contention for the #1 pick, IMO.

I agree they play better with Sanchez. With Smith they are staring at 0-16. With Sanchez they get 3-4 wins. After all Smith threw 3 int's in 3 quarters and Sanchez fumbled the ball away his first series.

we aren't the 2007 dolphins, w/ Smith it's probably 3-4 the way he is playing now but he'll get better. I just don't want to throw him in when he isn't ready.

Jets are not a playoff contender but they are definitely better with Sanchez. I saw some funny posts over at Gang Green saying stuff like "WOW Geno has incredible zip on the ball! Look at that tight spiral! Lol Sanchez can't do that!"

Which is just funny to me. Mark Sanchez has a pretty good arm and can definitely throw a tight spiral with zip on it. Mark's problem is that he turns the ball over a lot and is wildly inconsistent.

Geno looks TERRIBLE. If Sanchez misses a significant amount of time or if the injury hampers him, that team is in serious contention for the #1 pick, IMO.

when fans turn on a player it can get ugly and mark was seen as the face of the 2012 disaster which was unfair. The reality is he is much better than he showed last year, no QB would have succeeded w/ the healthy talent he had to work with.

In the new SI, Peter King has the Jets for 3 and 13, tied with the Raiders for the worst record.

there goes the season, if the great Peter King who once picked Miami as a SB team in 2006(one of the last 2 times you were supposed to be better than us heading into a season and of course we made the playoffs while you flopped) says we will be 3-13 then we have no hope.

we aren't the 2007 dolphins, w/ Smith it's probably 3-4 the way he is playing now but he'll get better. I just don't want to throw him in when he isn't ready.
A1

when fans turn on a player it can get ugly and mark was seen as the face of the 2012 disaster which was unfair. The reality is he is much better than he showed last year, no QB would have succeeded w/ the healthy talent he had to work with.
Agreed..no way the jets are as bad as the 1-15 07 Fins but what about the 07 jets who if not for sweeping the even worse Fins, could well have ended up 2-14?

Agreed..no way the jets are as bad as the 1-15 07 Fins but what about the 07 jets who if not for sweeping the even worse Fins, could well have ended up 2-14?

If Geno Smith QBs the entire season, yes they are. The 07 Dolphins had as bad a QB situation, minus Green as the Jets have, minus Sanchez.

luckily we had 2 games w/ the dolphins that year:D

If Geno Smith QBs the entire season, yes they are. The 07 Dolphins had as bad a QB situation, minus Green as the Jets have, minus Sanchez.

I don't think we'd be that bad unless we had a million injuries, even if geno is in there. Geno should get better w/ more practice time and learning what it takes to be an NFL QB. I hope he is ready later in the year if mark falters.

Back
Top Bottom