Posters over at GangGreen seem to think the Jets will go 11-5. wut | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Posters over at GangGreen seem to think the Jets will go 11-5. wut

why must the new GM be explained? we missed the playoffs 2 straight years and had cap issues, that may fly in South Florida but it doesn't up here.

But last year was a fluke b/c of injuries, Tannenbaum shouldn't have been canned b/c of that (or part of it). Usually when a team has a good QB they don't miss the playoffs over consecutive years. The Dolphins have certainly been guilty of that. If the team had a good QB then a new GM wouldn't need to be hired.

I don't think he deserved to be fired but our owner makes those decisions and a big reason we stunk was b/c of lack of depth. In '09 and '10 we were able to overcome big injuries, in 2012 we weren't and Chaz Schilens ended up starting(a guy many didn't think would make the team).

Where did I say we had good QB play last year?

TheGangGreen can be a very amusing site. And Tannenbaum loaded the Jets with bad contracts so he deserved to be fired. I say 6 wins for the Jets this year, maybe less. I think the whole Rex and QB thing is going to implode that team.

TheGangGreen can be a very amusing site. And Tannenbaum loaded the Jets with bad contracts so he deserved to be fired. I say 6 wins for the Jets this year, maybe less. I think the whole Rex and QB thing is going to implode that team.

This will be the 10th season I am posting here, I see the same asinine predictions here EVERY year as I do over there. Fans are fans no matter what team they root for. We have some more knowledgeable and realistic than others there as we do here.

I don't think he deserved to be fired but our owner makes those decisions and a big reason we stunk was b/c of lack of depth. In '09 and '10 we were able to overcome big injuries, in 2012 we weren't and Chaz Schilens ended up starting(a guy many didn't think would make the team).

Where did I say we had good QB play last year?

You didn't say you had good QB play, you blamed Sanchez looking like **** b/c of injuries. GMs get canned b/c their team stinks. The team stunk b/c Sanchez isn't a good QB.

You didn't say you had good QB play, you blamed Sanchez looking like **** b/c of injuries. GMs get canned b/c their team stinks. The team stunk b/c Sanchez isn't a good QB.

If the team stunk b/c Sanchez wasn't good then I guess he was great when we were a final 4 team 2 years in a row?

If the team stunk b/c Sanchez wasn't good then I guess he was great when we were a final 4 team 2 years in a row?

It's going to be a very long year for the Jets and Bills. When you cannot figure out who to play at QB, you have little hope. I don't think Geno Smith is the answer and Sachez is banged up. The Jets would be better off tanking the season and trying to draft Bridgewater.

In 09-10 a combination of characteristics worked in the Jets favor. You had a lot more talent. You had an established running game and very good OL. Guys like Sanchez need that talent to mask their deficiencies.

The biggest issue with Sanchez now is his confidence in himself and those around him. His psyche is fragile and it won't take many mistakes for him to fold under the disapproval of Jets fans and the media.

He's never been great. He's gone from a serviceable QB who had what you deemed a Top 5 D in 2009 and 2010 along with good running backs and made plays when minimally possible. When the QB has over 50 turnovers in back to back years that makes it difficult for any team to win.

In 09-10 a combination of characteristics worked in the Jets favor. You had a lot more talent. You had an established running game and very good OL. Guys like Sanchez need that talent to mask their deficiencies.

The biggest issue with Sanchez now is his confidence in himself and those around him. His psyche is fragile and it won't take many mistakes for him to fold under the disapproval of Jets fans and the media.

our run game was good not great, our OL was very good but keep in mind we made the 2nd title game w/ Wayne Hunter starting. I think our OL will be good and our run game will be good, the O will be much improved mostly thanks to the OC. Does that mean we will be good on O? No but we won't be awful.

Everyone seems to be backing Sanchez and they want him to start, I think he will have a huge bounce back year- again not a great year but a huge difference from a year ago.

or at least I hope, we'll see soon enough.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

He's never been great. He's gone from a serviceable QB who had what you deemed a Top 5 D in 2009 and 2010 along with good running backs and made plays when minimally possible. When the QB has over 50 turnovers in back to back years that makes it difficult for any team to win.

he was much better than serviceable. Our Ds were never great, they were very good and he and the pass O had to bail out the D almost as much as the D had to bail out the O.

In 2011 he had a ton of TOs but accounted for a ton of TDs too(franchise record), last year the TOs stayed high and the TDs went down. If he starts 16 games I think we'll see more of 20-25 TDs w/ 10-15 TOs and that would be a huge improvement.

our run game was good not great, our OL was very good but keep in mind we made the 2nd title game w/ Wayne Hunter starting. I think our OL will be good and our run game will be good, the O will be much improved mostly thanks to the OC. Does that mean we will be good on O? No but we won't be awful.

Everyone seems to be backing Sanchez and they want him to start, I think he will have a huge bounce back year- again not a great year but a huge difference from a year ago.

or at least I hope, we'll see soon enough.

I'm glad this **** gets started next weekend. The offseason has gone on way too long amid us talking forever about what these teams might do.

the great thing about this league is you never know, teams that are supposed to be bad turn out good and vice versa. Every team has a chance, that chance may be dashed in a few weeks but right now we are all feeling pretty good.

Here's another report that sanchez could miss multiple weeks.
ESPN's Ed Werder stated on SportsCenter Friday that Mark Sanchez's shoulder "bruise" could be a multi-week injury.
Rookie GM John Idzik is loving this; he's been internally pulling hard for Geno Smith. Werder has heard Sanchez's injury "could, in fact, be serious enough to keep him out multiple weeks." Defenses squaring off with the Jets will be recommended fantasy streamer plays, probably for the entire 2013 campaign. This team will be in a world of trouble if it can't consistently run the ball.
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/267800/report-sanchez-could-miss-multiple-weeks

the great thing about this league is you never know, teams that are supposed to be bad turn out good and vice versa. Every team has a chance, that chance may be dashed in a few weeks but right now we are all feeling pretty good.

Don't let the 3-1 preseason record by the Jets fool you. I honestly cannot name a single Jet's running back now that Shonn Greene is gone, and the same for the WR's, other than Santonio Holmes.

I appreciate having hope but honestly Junc I would rather have Geno as your QB. But having Sanchez doesn't concern me. It's pretty easy to see that Sanchez gives you the best chance to win which is why everyone wants him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom