Pouncey still struggling with snaps, please sign O'hara | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey still struggling with snaps, please sign O'hara

i dont agree with moving pouncey to any other position other than center, we used a 1st round pick to get a good center, not a guard or anything else. If pouncey is not used as a center it really makes it look like we wasted a 1st round draft pick. So what if he has some growing pains? In the long run it will pay off, he will get use to it and improve like any other player does that works hard. The columbo issue needs to be handled in other ways, not by moving our 1st round center to a guard position.

I havent heard any camp reports verifying he is struggling with snaps. That being said I will default to, no news is good news, and discount ESPN as usual.

I would be completely satisfied with the mentioned lineup.
LT Long, LG Pouncey, C O'hara, RG Icognito, RT Carey

Pouncey has had some bad snaps in camp, but it is more to do with being a rookie center and not so much a technique issue. Armando and Omar have mentioned a couple of times, but when someone asked Armando how many bad snaps he had all training camp, he said he could count the number on one hand. That means 5 or less of his snaps have been problematic.

Really, the whole snapping issue is completely overblown. His struggles at Flordia was in the first couple of games in his senior season after he moved from guard to center. It was a non issue by the end of the year after he got used to the position.

Now, could Pouncey move to guard for this season? Perhaps, and Jeff Darlington actually mentioned today that might happen here very soon. Has nothing to do with Pouncey or snapping concerns, but more so about concerns with Colombo and Carey on the right side. If either of those continue to struggle tonight, the Dolphins sound like they are prepared to sign O'hara, put him at center, move Pouncey to right guard and likely move Carey back to RT. We shall see.

As for Pouncey and snapping concerns, there are none.

Unless you're Antonio Alfonseca, then it could be 6 bad snaps.

i dont agree with moving pouncey to any other position other than center, we used a 1st round pick to get a good center, not a guard or anything else. If pouncey is not used as a center it really makes it look like we wasted a 1st round draft pick. So what if he has some growing pains? In the long run it will pay off, he will get use to it and improve like any other player does that works hard. The columbo issue needs to be handled in other ways, not by moving our 1st round center to a guard position.

Actually a great guard is harder to find than a great center.

In today's practice Pouncey snapped the ball went over the head of Henne and hit JLO in the ***.

And isn't it concerning O'Hara is still jobless. Especially with all the holes at C, hell look at the Bears.

He is still w/o a job for a reason.

Thats the business. I am sure Miami offered him some sort of deal and apparently it was not acceptable to him. Its supply and demand and he is the supply. He and his agent knows once a team loses its starting center in pre season or in our case where the entire Right side of the Oline basically blows and finally accept we have to move our center to guard, that then we will come calling and maybe not pay what they are asking but sure in hell throw more money at him then they initially offered. Like I said, its business and sooner, rather then later, O'Hara and his agent just may be in the drivers seat.

O'Hara obviously is aware at age 34 he is not getting any type of long term contract, from anyone. But you can bet the farm he is looking for a nice lump sum of guaranteed money, up front. The mans been in the league long enough to retire. IF it really is in their plans IF the Right side plays piss poor again tonight then the whole deal had bettre go down this weekend and get his rear end in here for the start of the week. We have shuffled enough around already. To be honest, I have no confidence with Carey playing RT either. I would rather give Murtha the shot and see what he can do.

Not quite

Uh... yes. Yes really. Its why guards are typically taken higher than centers.

T>G>C. It's pretty basic football knowledge. But I'd hate to interrupt you with silly things like "facts". Continue on!

Back
Top Bottom