Pouncey struggling with snaps? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey struggling with snaps?

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
I keep reading that pouncey has been struggling with snapping the ball in camp, this was a nack on him coming out of college too, I hope this doesnt continue and become a problem, personally I agree with some experts who think he is better suited at guard because he one hell of a puller, I would of signed o'hara and switched pouncey to guard but hopefully this does not become a problem, but here is one of 4 or 5 reports that I have seen about his struggles in camp.

ArmandoSalguero Another high shotgun snap from Pouncey. Henne handles and still completes pass to Clyde

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/#navlink=navbar#ixzz1VJErX6Fv

Actually it seems like Garner was the one who struggled with snaps more. From all the beat writer tweets, it seems there was more than one bad exchange UNDER center, but most of the bad snaps I remember reading about involved Garner. But it was supposedly a really bad snapping day.

Sorry, my bad - it's potentially an issue but one that seems reasonably easy to clean up. Until he costs us a turnover or two I'm not going to worry about it.

I remember reading one of the beat writer articles a few days ago that all the talk about Pouncey having trouble with snaps was false and that he looked fine. I too read today's camp report and it seems that most of the problems happened with Gardner at Center

Actually it seems like Garner was the one who struggled with snaps more. From all the beat writer tweets, it seems there was more than one bad exchange UNDER center, but most of the bad snaps I remember reading about involved Garner. But it was supposedly a really bad snapping day.
That's understandable since Garner isn't a center and seems to be learning it on a "just in case" basis.

I don't know why, maybe just a gut feeling. But Pouncy IMO seems more suited for guard. My version of our OL would be Long, Pouncy, O'Hara, Jerry, and Carey. Of course I'm just a fan and don't have the insight of the FO. Seemed Pittsburgh visioned Pouncy as a guard also as they wanted to pair him with his brother who is already the center there. Guess we shall see.

That's understandable since Garner isn't a center and seems to be learning it on a "just in case" basis.

On a Just in Case basis ????? Berger is a center and our LG is probably the best center on the team and now we need a Just in Case Center ? Sorry, I do not agree with that line of thinking at all. Its more likely the third team Oline does not even have a center and they know what Garner can do as a backup G/T and they have to get a look at other guys. Cut downs are right around the corner.

Actually it was also Pouncey and not only the shotgun snaps. Just read tweets from the media on another board. I was correct, Garner was 3rd team center but as I said, Pouncey been sailing them over Hennes head of bad exchange when Henne under center. I read at least 4 different tweets from 3 different media guys saying Pouncey was having bad snaps. Each one accounted for 4 bad snaps from Pouncey. LMAO telling you, the best center on this team is our LG. The few short thrown in appearances he had last year some pounded him for a few high snaps, which was understandle, the high snaps, as he had no practice and then the next week he had 3 days.

Now, we have a first round draft pick who is a favorite because he is a Flaaaaaaaaaaawda boy, who had bad snaps in college and it appears he still has the problem and people put up with it ? LOL, the kid is a guard, not a center.

Oh, by the way, They had Jerry at third team LG and the reporters basically said he was being tossed like a cheap chef salad. I will be very surprised if John Jerry is a Miami Dolphin come the first game of the season.

On a Just in Case basis ????? Berger is a center and our LG is probably the best center on the team and now we need a Just in Case Center ? Sorry, I do not agree with that line of thinking at all. Its more likely the third team Oline does not even have a center and they know what Garner can do as a backup G/T and they have to get a look at other guys. Cut downs are right around the corner.
That's probably true. The only way the guy plays center in the regular season though is if a few other people go down.

Pouncey been sailing them over Hennes head of bad exchange when Henne under center.
That damn Henne can't do anything right!

You know what... this is why they practice, to get better.

That's probably true. The only way the guy plays center in the regular season though is if a few other people go down.
Was it two seasons ago when most of the starting o-line went down. I can't remember the game but they were throwing together a patchwork of guys into positions they didn't normally play.

Again, I'm a Gator grad and I still live in Gainesville.

Pouncey cost us at least one lost game with his poor snaps last season. The problem was supposed to be his stance which came from playing RG all his life. He would stay hours after practice trying to get the snap right and never did.

Much like a lot of people thinkTtim Tebow cannot change his passing motion then IMO, the same thing goes for Pouncey.

He is a guard that wants to compete with his better brother and wanted center money and fame.

Once again we are going to try to force a square peg in a round hole.

Was it two seasons ago when most of the starting o-line went down. I can't remember the game but they were throwing together a patchwork of guys into positions they didn't normally play.

No.LOL, I was not knocking Henne. As a matter of fact the tweet said Henne fielded the high snaps, also not defending Henne. He is what he is and Pouncey is what he is. I believe there is more upside with Pouncey but at the Guard position, not center. The kid has been doing this for how long ? He has been having bad snaps for how long ? That did not happen overnight and to change it is not going to happen overnight. If it ever can be changed at all. I know how the Gator fans wanted to skewer him, my cousin is a die hard, room filled with stuff Gator fan, has been for 30 years. When we drafted Pouncey and declared he was center he left a message on my cell phone and basically it was BHWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAA. I am starting to see what he meant now.

Listen, I give the give a pass as a rookie but not a pass on snapping a football. Does not matter who is in front of him, he is snapping the ball, no one else and evidently, he is still snapping it bad.

At least him and Henne are on the same page. Two potentially good players but both go into LALA land on occasion. I believe thats a match made in heaven

Yeah, Grove and Berger went down in the same game and Garner actually did pretty decent at center. I remember them having to hide Grove's helmet to keep him from going back into the game.

Back
Top Bottom