Power rankings on ESPN have us at 23 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Power rankings on ESPN have us at 23

We have like 4 wins in a 2 year span...I think they have a right to be skeptical. And the Jets moving up 1 spot is understandable...if teams ahead of them lost, of course. Same as college football in that regard.

Power rankings aren't based on what you did last year though. If we were 4-0 to start the season (coming off of 1-15), I would expect the Dolphins to be ranked in the top 5....thats the way the rankings work. Though they are only intended for fan use cause they mean nothing, its just like college football rankings. You win, you move up and remain ranked high. You lose and you drop.

Power rankings aren't based on what you did last year though. If we were 4-0 to start the season (coming off of 1-15), I would expect the Dolphins to be ranked in the top 5....thats the way the rankings work. Though they are only intended for fan use cause they mean nothing, its just like college football rankings. You win, you move up and remain ranked high. You lose and you drop.

And according to ESPN and FOX, you have a bye week, you go up... :lol: Losers

whatever/ it's not the best thing in the world. but i think the fins don't care where they are ranked. coach sparano will have them ready for the texans. they will keep focused and play one game at a time.

GO FINS!!!!

we are ranked 23rd and 11th in the afc and we beat the number 9 and 16 on that list. which is the 5 and 8th best in the afc. we are making statements. its just going to take a few more games after being the worst in the nfl. the texans are 0-4 but have played a hard schedule so let us be underdogs we will dominate again with the wildcat!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

This weeks power ranking is out and it has our Dolphins ranked 23rd.

other notes
Pats move up four spots by beating a BAD 49er's team by 9. Mainly because they used a direct snap on a 4th and 2 they do not deserve to be ninth sorry they are good but not the top ten in the league.

Bills fall four after the beat down in Arizona

Jets move up one and they didnt play hahaha more of the love fest for the Bretts

I think that is an ok rating for us....maybe a tad low i think beating 2 top ten teams isnt a fluke and we should be at least 20th because of quality of wins. The falcons though at 3-2 are not better than us. Two of those wins are against the Lions GARBAGE and the chiefs TOTAL GARBAGE. So i believe that a spot or two higher is where we belong but we have made tremendous strides the last 3 weeks....KEEP IT UP BOYS

Who cares? 2 and 2 says it all so far! Rank us 32 if they want as long as the Phins win!

I was actually going to post about this. I hate Power Rankings as they as meaningless. That being said, I wanted to take a hypocritcal look at how the Dolphins are 23rd in these guys' opinions.

At 2-3, I don't understand why San Diego would be ranked higher.
Same for Jacksonville, Minnesota (what have they done?), Green Bay and New Orleans. I mean, mathematically, 2-3 is worse.

Is it b/c of who've they played? Or is it b/c of last year still and this year's untapped potential?

Keep in mind they have Indy at 11 and Baltimore at 15. Baltimore last year wasn't **** and they haven't done anything this year either.

:)

A lack of respect for the Fins is still out there. We are a 3 point underdog against the winless Texans. I bet if we beat the Texans and then the Bills at home the following week (we can do it) we'll be in the top half of the power rankings.

It's Baltimore and then Buffalo

So the Bears move up to 10 from 18 after beating the Eagles at home and the lowly Lions. But we beat the two teams who met in the AFC Championship game last year back to back...and that gets us a 3 game jump? Oh brother, let the ESPN bias roll on.

Seriously, I dont usually get that upset about stupid power rankings, but even I think thats ridiculous. On a more positive note, FOXSports has us at 17!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Better true but San Diego is still at 12. I don't see how :wink:

We have like 4 wins in a 2 year span...I think they have a right to be skeptical. And the Jets moving up 1 spot is understandable...if teams ahead of them lost, of course. Same as college football in that regard.

How's last year relevant to power rankings and 2008?

I am o.k. with that ranking, we may have won two games but we need to keep it going to earn us the respect.

You can't compare us to the colts, because the Colts have proven players on the team, alot of our players are just starting to prove themselves.

I like the ranking but what I really like is this statement. Here is some love for the Dolphins

The ravens ranked 28 and it says
"Once, a game against Miami looked like it would be relief from a tough starting stretch. Not anymore. (PK)"

That's for toe Texans seeing as how they play on Sunday :hi5:

The ravens wins, Cle, Cin. The dolphins wins, Ne, Sd. They're way up at 15 we're at 23, how? They were as bad as we were last year.

This kind of enforces the fact that ESPN has a bias against us. I'm gonna love it if we beat those silly birds and I think we can.

I seem to say this every week, power rankings are a joke.

That said, I am glad we are ranked low, in fact I'd like to see us ranked lower.

I LOVE Blindsiding the NFL.

A lack of respect for the Fins is still out there. We are a 3 point underdog against the winless Texans. I bet if we beat the Texans and then the Bills at home the following week (we can do it) we'll be in the top half of the power rankings.
not to be a homer,but theres teams in the top half who deserve to be in the bottom,we relaly should be AT LEAST 17....23 should be owned by the Bears or something....

we are ranked 23rd and 11th in the afc and we beat the number 9 and 16 on that list. which is the 5 and 8th best in the afc. we are making statements. its just going to take a few more games after being the worst in the nfl. the texans are 0-4 but have played a hard schedule so let us be underdogs we will dominate again with the wildcat!

not that i disagree with anything you said, but we haven't played a team with a losing record yet. at least not at the time we played them.

not to be a homer,but theres teams in the top half who deserve to be in the bottom,we relaly should be AT LEAST 17....23 should be owned by the Bears or something....

Make up your own rankings dude, they'd be just as official as ESPNs or Fox Sports'.

:D

Back
Top Bottom