Practice updates 8/27 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice updates 8/27

This Tunsil situation is beginning to worry me. He's missed a week already due to becoming a father and hasn't looked up to speed. Now he doesn't appear to be practicing after shaky play this past Thursday. I hope all is well on the home front and nothing seriously wrong there.

I just saw a tweet about Tankersley being lights out so far in pre season. I was surprised considering is rep coming in. He's played better than I've been expected.

I just saw a tweet about Tankersley being lights out so far in pre season. I was surprised considering is rep coming in. He's played better than I've been expected.

"Lights out" is a big stretch. He's played par for the course.

Maxwell is and has been a liability so there's a perimeter CB opening to be had.

Remember the days when we had Karlos Dansby? That was a good LB corps. Seems sooooo long ago now.

It all started when we made the decision to keep Koa Misi thinking he would recover and not get injured again ... we passed on David Harris ... and predictably, things went sideways fast.

I can't help but think of Brandon Spikes, Manti Te'o and Rey Maualuga, three thumpers that couldn't cover and all seem to have faded away. LB's these days need to be able to thump AND cover, or they're just turnstiles to short passing games who exploit mismatches ... which is just about every offense in the NFL these days.

I can't help but think of Brandon Spikes, Manti Te'o and Rey Maualuga, three thumpers that couldn't cover and all seem to have faded away. LB's these days need to be able to thump AND cover, or they're just turnstiles to short passing games who exploit mismatches ... which is just about every offense in the NFL these days.

Bingo. These days every back 7 member of the defense has to be able to cover just about any type of receiver. Offenses will find and exploit match ups otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom