Predictions on the AFC EAST | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predictions on the AFC EAST

Pats 12-4
Fins 9-7
Jets 7-9
Bills 6-10

Not enough has changed to make me think the Pats will be worse than last year. What are the odds that they suffer more injuries than the last 3 yrs, 2 of which they went 14-2?

If Culpepper was going to start the season, Fins as good as 11-5, but with Harrington or somebody else undercenter for the 1st 6 weeks? 9-7 is as good as I can do.

BIlls & Jets going thru way too much change in coaching staffs. Add in the QB issue and it's difficult to think either team will win a game within the division.

Wow they think we're going to have all 4 teams over .500. That doesn't happen often. I think both the Jets and Bill will be well below .500.

Pats: 9-7
Fins: 8-8
Bills: 7-9
Jets: 3-13

i need to see jp play like we all want him to play before i will say the bills will get to or get over .500.

but if our D gets into the top 5 it wont really matter who is our QB.

These predictions are pending moves made upto the opening of training camps in July. Overall, I think that the AFCE will be more competitive than ever, and I don't expect to see any team win more than 10 games or for any AFCE team to sweep any of its divisional rivals. I think that NE's come back to the pack a bit while Miami has improved somewhat (but not as much as its fans think!). Both the Bills and Jets will field much better teams but both will need time to learn new systems and season young players. In other words, there aren't any push-overs in the AFCE for a good team like the Pats to fatten their record on, and its likely that the "cellar dwellars" will turn into "spoilers" by late in the season.

Patsies, 9-7 or 10-6 :the Patsies remain the team to beat in the AFCE! :barf: We will have to see just how much of a "genius" BB remains as more of his proteges leave build their own empires, and if the Patsies brain trust can continue to fill the holes to keep the team moving forward.

Miami, 7-9 to 9-7: I'm not convinced that Saban is quite the genius Fish fans believe him to be. I don't think that the acquisition of Culpepper is going to help the Fish all that much this season because I don't think he'll be ready for training camp or the beginning of the season. This brings up the second big problem: acquiring Joey Harrington as the "backup" in anticipation of Culpepper taking over after several games seems to me to be an invitation of locker room trouble. Neither QB has shown himself to be a "team player" ... The loss of Ricky for the season will hamper the running game, and the Fish secondary remains suspect.

Bills, 7-9 or 8-8: I think that the Bills have improved on both sides of the ball by shedding some attitude problems (ie Sam Adams) and some expensive vets who weren't earning their oats (ie, Milloy, Williams) as well as acquiring some help through FA and the draft. Between learning a new system and having some defensive rookies starting, it will be a bumpy start to the season, but watch out for the Bills toward the end of the season. Expect Whitner to start opening day, and for McCargo to be in the DT rotation and perhaps starting before the end of the season. Watch for JP Losman to blossom as an NFL QB in the new regime.

Jests, 6-10 to 8-8: If D'Brick and Mangold work out as expected, the Jests' ol is well set for the next decade. However, it takes a while for college OL players to transition to the NFL, so it's going to be tough sledding for the Jests for a while. There's also the issue of Pennington's shoulder and Martin's age. If Penny comes back to form, however, he's worth at least 2 extra wins.

Ace88 said:
Will change, but as of right now....

Pats- 10-6

Phins- 10-6

Bills- 7-9

Jets- 5-11

Figured I would bump this and change it since the draft is over.

Pats- 11-5

Phins- 10-6

Jets- 7-9

Bills- 6-10

Pats : 11-5 i still need convincing that they are no longer a great team
Fins : 10-6 1 more win after players become more familiar with the system
Jets : 7-9 rebuilding in the fast lane,
Bills : 4-12 dont see it happening, no more that 6 wins

donshula said:
Pats 14-2
fins 10-6
bills 7-9
jets 4-12

Pats win the Super Bowl in Miami

life is good
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

donshula said:
Pats 14-2
fins 10-6
bills 7-9
jets 4-12

Pats win the Super Bowl in Miami

life is good

After seeing the offensive talent BB & Pioli selected last week, this team can put up 40 on the board at will. That offense is going to be lights-out this season.

At least I hope so. I've told my sister to expect me on her doorstep in February!

Tailgater said:
After seeing the offensive talent BB & Pioli selected last week, this team can put up 40 on the board at will. That offense is going to be lights-out this season.

At least I hope so. I've told my sister to expect me on her doorstep in February!

No Charlie Weis, no superbowl!

Phins 12-4
Pats 7-9
Bills 4-12
Jets 3-13

A.C. said:
ESPN reports the predition of the AFC EAST and other divisions in 2006, but we care about the east so check this out

AFC East
Miami12-4 Nick Saban is quickly turning this team around.

New England11-5 Unless healthy, hard to imagine an improvement over 2005.

Buffalo9-7 Can the Bills win? Or will their QB be J.P. "Loss-man"?

New York9-7 Too many question marks to forecast winning season.

nice!

but i hate on espn, and dont care what they predict.

still, though , all these opinions hyping us are flattring, but i couldnt really care less.

they kill you when ur down, and love u when ur up.

Back
Top Bottom