Pro Football Weekly Speculates Dolphins Could | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro Football Weekly Speculates Dolphins Could

and what if fish comes in and we go to some kind of hybrid thing 43 and 34...my problem with us moving to the 43 is i don't see the horses at de in the 43 for us...wake would be awfully light in the pants as a 43 end i guess if we went to some wide 9 type stuff like the eagles we could use him that way but that d is predicated on getting leads and then unleashing the pass rush edge guys...

i do think odrick and starks would make nice 43 dt's

Which is exactly what will happen if Fisher coaches the Dolphins.

Whether the Dolphins run a 3-4 or 4-3 they need someone else on the outside. Coples in a 4-3 would make a lot of sense as he can play in both phases and earn more as a true pass rusher. Upshaw in a 3-4 obviously makes a ton of sense. But he also makes sense in a 4-3 depending on your scheme.

I think Sean Smith would be fine as a free safety, and would especially do well on nickel/dime downs when he has to come up and play the hybrid role he's played so well.

Which is exactly what will happen if Fisher coaches the Dolphins.

Whether the Dolphins run a 3-4 or 4-3 they need someone else on the outside. Coples in a 4-3 would make a lot of sense as he can play in both phases and earn more as a true pass rusher. Upshaw in a 3-4 obviously makes a ton of sense. But he also makes sense in a 4-3 depending on your scheme.

I think Sean Smith would be fine as a free safety, and would especially do well on nickel/dime downs when he has to come up and play the hybrid role he's played so well.

yep...i agree with that...but my concern with smith would fall primarily in run support...i guess he could be subbed out in some packages if need be...

To me, you can just sign Courtland Finnegan and move Sean Smith to safety and then you've got this taken care of. I doubt Finnegan would be cheap but that's OK, he wouldn't be bank-breaking either, and if you had Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams here then you've made yourself an attractive free agent destination for Finnegan, especially with no state taxes.

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm surprised Smith hasn't been moved to free safety yet. He has the size to combat all of these all world TEs sprouting up in the league. However, I would prefer to have another pass rusher in the first round although it all depends on who's available.

come on guys to play safety in the NFL you most know how to tackles
This is not Sean Smith strong point

Back
Top Bottom