Process and Planning - A Clean Sweep. This Is Not About Single Players And What Money They Got | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Process and Planning - A Clean Sweep. This Is Not About Single Players And What Money They Got

I wanted Wilkins and Hunt to be Dolphins but I would have lost my **** if we paid them $27.5M and $20M per year respectively. Bad teams are throwing out wild contracts to players because the cap limit has been exploding in recent years. Even AVG (who was 24 as a rookie and will be 29 this year) at $10M per year is a wild number for a rotational player. It sucks to lose these guys, but it’s even worse to overpay players. Just look at how poorly Baker, Ogbah and Howard’s contracts aged.

We’re 4 hours into FA. We’re just gonna forecast that nothing is gonna get done?
I made a process point. The results are clear. No idea why certain people feel the need to defend everything the teams does, especially when it is obvious they F'd up. If you think this was good process to put ourselves in the spot we are in, please explain why

Hunt, Wilkins, and Jones money is NUTS.
Those are not positions teams should throw monster money at. Sorry.
Hate to see them go, but brains must rule over emotion.
Yeah look at the teams they went to. A bunch of .500 teams trying to make a splash when fans have been calling their organizations a joke for years (raiders, broncos, Vikings, panthers). We’re good 👍

Team Challenge GIF by CBS

Ok but you know your entire post history is ragging on other posters opinions right? I’ve rarely seen you discuss anything football related
Well said. This guy is terribly divisive, adds no value, and just is a troll

Free Agency hasn't even officially started and some people are already drowning. I can't imagine letting a sports franchise ruin my life like that.

Yeah look at the teams they went to. A bunch of .500 teams trying to make a splash when fans have been calling their organizations a joke for years (raiders, broncos, Vikings, panthers). We’re good 👍
which is what the dolphins were and did and how we put ourselves in this spot but overpaying for a bunch of our own roster

Hes just as predictable as you are! 😆 it’s all good man. Rough day today for the Phins imvho
yes thanks. no idea why it is so hard for people to be objective about this stuff. and they are so into defending the team, they totally miss the point of the post. it was about planning and process and the spot they got themselves into. grier is just awful.

I made a process point. The results are clear. No idea why certain people feel the need to defend everything the teams does, especially when it is obvious they F'd up. If you think this was good process to put ourselves in the spot we are in, please explain why
Easy. Why would I pay Top 5 money to not Top 5 players? Not Griers fault injuries happened. I think we’ll be fine this year, and really good next year. We still have most of our talent. And scheme can mitigate things.

Back
Top Bottom