Process and Planning - A Clean Sweep. This Is Not About Single Players And What Money They Got | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Process and Planning - A Clean Sweep. This Is Not About Single Players And What Money They Got

did you read my post at all or did you just go straight to the bashing me point like you and others do? i addressed that in the OP and that was not even my main point
Shall I make this into another poll so we can see how many think this is a waste of time?

You didn't fare too well last time.

Look, I'm far from a rah rah, everything the Dolphins do is gold guy. I think most everyone will tell you that. Criticism is fine. You aren't merely soliciting opinions though. You make statements, implying there is no acceptable alternative to what you believe. You don't invite discussion. You create threads that are basically manifestos.

Why do you suppose so many of them end up in the locker? Doesn't that tell you something?

You didn't answer my other questions, by the way.

Last edited:
That’s in your not so humble opinion. You actually have no idea.
That's an educated guess, as opposed to yours. None of those teams sniffed the playoffs, except maybe the Viking, who lost their Qb

I always love the knee jerk, sky is falling reactions literally an hour or two into FA. The fact that it comes from this particular OP is just the chef’s kiss, although let’s be real: is anyone surprised?

Our new TE is going to lead to a significant new wrinkle in the offense, in my opinion. I think we’ve significantly improved our LB corps, and with TA returning and our new C (which in my mind is a fantastic pickup), we’ve taken a step towards solidifying the o-line. Yes, there’s still work to do on that front, and yes there are still holes to be filled on the roster. But we’ve also still got the rest of FA + draft + post-draft pickups to fill holes to the best of our ability.

We were never retaining Wilkins or Hunt, them departing in FA is not a surprise whatsoever, and I wouldn’t have wanted to see them retained at those prices. Only departure that stung for me was AVG, as I would have loved to see him back, but it is what it is. The cap is real and we can’t afford everything.

And no, no one is saying that you can’t criticize the team, or the decision makers. But this is by far the most talented core group of players we’ve had since my time as a fan (I’ve been watching religiously since 2007) and it isn’t even close. The idea that we’re some kind of disaster is, quite frankly, untethered from reality.

It's hard to take. Two weeks ago, I never would have guessed that Miami would let Wilkins leave the building.

When I heard an estimated $17 million for Hunt, I figured he was gone. Robert Jones played pretty well when Hunt was out so that one doesn't sting much. Good player, but no way at that price.

Agree with OP on Van Ginkel. Don't quite understand that one at a reason price tag.

Where Miami goes from here is the question.
The AVG loss is huge in the sense that he’s one of those old school hustle guys. People may be underestimating how important it is to have players w his motor. In fact, he and Wilkins probably are the top 2 “hustle” players we had on defense. Not an accident Gink was always around the football. I get we couldn’t resign Wilkins. Wished we could have kept Gink. That said, he looks like a Viking w that haircut and all

The AVG loss is huge in the sense that he’s one of those old school hustle guys. People may be underestimating how important it is to have players w his motor. In fact, he and Wilkins probably are the top 2 “hustle” players we had on defense. Not an accident Gink was always around the football. I get we couldn’t resign Wilkins. Wished we could have kept Gink. That said, he looks like a Viking w that haircut and all
I kept hoping Miami would find a way to keep Wilkins. And Van Ginkel is so underrated and such a fan favorite.

Certainly not ready to say the offseason is a failure, but a lot of talent left the building. I definitely think it's appropriate to question the trades for Chubb and Ramsey.

Tough day to be a Dolphins fan. I had to switch Sirius to the U2 station to get some positive mojo going!

Back
Top Bottom