Props to Gase... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Props to Gase...

Sometimes it takes one guy to will the team to win. Dialing up Jarvis Landry is always a good bet. One of the few times the OL held off the rush. One of the few times that Cutler stepped into a throw. One of the many many many times that Landry comes down with the clutch first down.

There were a lot of penalties were not called. there was a clear PI on one of Landry's "drops" when the defender got there early and went through Landry.

I think Gase's biggest flaws are poor talent evaluation and play design. The offense just doesn't seem prepared this season.

He did say he was not going to lose to Quinn anymore and so that was gutsy and so far he has has come through for the team. The offense needs to have more swagger and Gase's stubbornness and micromanagement is holding some of our talent back. We really need to bring in another QB because Doughty is not the answer.

Today was great but I still have no faith in Gase. A win next week will get me closer to his corner. Now the defense....damn! They are all over the ball. Very nice compared to a VJ led D last year. I think this D can hold Brady.

Hmmm most of the FO defenders usually say Grier handles that stuff lol

The d certainly has more talent this year
Its a combination of the FO and coaching staff working together but I couldn’t resist that lol.

We once again got every single bounce in the 2nd half. This masked Gase's issues again. He is sticking with a qb who can't hit a pass longer than 10 yards and it's absolutely handcuffing the offense. His play designs, aside from the Landry td, are very vanilla. If you want to see an offensive guru, watch Bruce arians play design. its light years ahead of Gase. People are euphoric about this win and should be, but it had little to do with its Gase and more to due with penalties negating horrid interceptions and bailing out bad play calling and the defense winning the game.

I'm not sure what you are watching taking issue with that play design.

I agree that the qb execution and willingness to take contact is holding us back but the other option can't read coverage which is why he will always carry a clip board when it comes to a starter option.

Cutler can read coverage. That's the real difference here

Nice adjustment at halftime, Double teaming Jones. This win is not because of Cutler it was in spite of Cutler.

I was at the game. They were bracketing Julio the entire game. It seemed like it was always X with coverage rolling to help constantly.

Yes they did a good job of helping with the lb level. A couple times it helped them get false steps elsewhere and space they needed to fit throws but overall it was absolutely necessary.

When wasnt he?

Exactly, aside from some bipolar people, I really did not hear much complaining that he was a bad HC.

In fact the worst and only thing against him I heard that was actually somewhat mutual was he needed to stop trusting Jay so much.

I wasn't happy w/ the first 4th down attempt after Falcons called timeout. Set them up for easy score.

But though did not look like it, did show he trusted his players, which later one when he yet again did it, helped him succeed the 2nd time. Players were not going to fail a 2nd time for him.

Back
Top Bottom