Providence Journal suggests Tom Brady has entered his "decline" phase | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Providence Journal suggests Tom Brady has entered his "decline" phase

(cough)bullsh**(cough)… as one who dearly loves Providence, not for nothin but the PJB ain't even something you'd wanna wrap a dead fish with... just sayin

It seems like this is a knee-jerk reaction to them losing the AFCCG. I can also see him playing for another 2-3 years - maybe longer.

To me it's a combination of a physical decline because of age and the game passing him by. In the AFCCG, a play that stood out to me indicative of this is on a 4th and 4 late in the 4th qtr.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/0ap2000000129153/Ravens-defense-4th-down-failed

Brady stepped up to the left and could have run for the 1st down by outrunning Ngata but instead decided to throw it to a well covered receiver. The throw was a grounder as well. He was never a good running qb but as smart as he is in the past he would have run for the 1st. Brady looked "old" and "obsolete" to me on that play. This past year's draft class ( Luck, RG III, Tannehill, Wilson) all could have easily run for the 1st in that case. The 2 Superbowl qbs both could have easily run for the 1st. Do you see a trend here? The regular season is one thing and Brady is still one of the top qbs in the league but when push comes to shove as in the playoffs, Brady's lack of mobility is slowly becoming more and more of a liability in today's game.

Perhaps the game has started to take a physical toll but mentally, he's a strong as ever. I still think he is the best QB in the league and may be next year as well. I think 2-3 years and he will reach the end.

What worries me is the pats actually getting a good qb behind the helm. I have never thought of brady being an elite qb. I consider him a really good qb in one of the beat situations in fb. If they actually get an elite qb, we will have many more years of pain.

What worries me is the pats actually getting a good qb behind the helm. I have never thought of brady being an elite qb. I consider him a really good qb in one of the beat situations in fb. If they actually get an elite qb, we will have many more years of pain.

WHAT??? the best QB ogf his genration is not an elite QB? oh boy.:lol2:

WHAT??? the best QB ogf his genration is not an elite QB? oh boy.:lol2:

Who cares what a jealous rival football fan thinks? History will remember Brady as one of, if not the best QB's to ever play the game, and the stats will back it up. However history won’t mention the countless butt hurt, angry fans of rival teams that Brady and the Patriots abused along the way. Sorry Junc but history will also make no mention or remembrance of the back to back failures of the Jets in two AFC Championship games. History doesn’t remember failure and try to re-imagine it as accomplishment as Jet fans do.

why you must you always take a shot? just enjoy the fact that you have ahd Brady and this great run.

It's still a shot, be comfortable in how great your team has been. All trash talk aside I hope you appreciate it. Runs like this don't happen too often. I look forward to the post Brady era

It's still a shot, be comfortable in how great your team has been. All trash talk aside I hope you appreciate it. Runs like this don't happen too often. I look forward to the post Brady era

I'm sure you do, and while I well remember the Tommy Hoddson days I can promise u this, as long as the Kraft family owns the team, u will never be able to look past the Pats. We will never have as great a QB as Tom Brady again, but that doesn't mean we can't have great teams. Mark my words, that 10 game losing streak you expect the Pats to go on when Brady retires, it's never going to happen.

Kraft is a great owner but a lot of their mistakes over the past decadew have been masked b/c they had Brady. I don't expect them to turn into the early 90s Pats but they won't be winning the division every year and competing for conf titles annually anymore. Maybe we can actually get a home playoff game?

It's not a shot if it's the truth. :)

Exactly!! You should have no problem when I point out that NE won their 3 Super Bowls---each by 3 points--- during the spy gate years. And the fact that they have failed 2 times since they got caught. It's not a shot if it's the truth. Lol!!!

Back
Top Bottom