PSU/FSU Orange Bowl Looking Like A Reality! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PSU/FSU Orange Bowl Looking Like A Reality!

DonShula84, here is what you asked for. :)

clear.gif

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
nuthin like an 8-4 team makin the BCS Bowl game.

WooHoo Go ACC keep doin that and ya will be the conference
without and automatic bowl bid in 2008.

Lets GOOOOO!!! Mountaineers!!!

Go Phins!

Mountaineers....LMAO

Muck said:
It does suck that a team with 4 losses is playing in the second most prestigious bowl game of the year (Orange, Jan. 3) while a team like Oregon, whose only loss was to USC, can't get into the BCS. Can't fault FSU for that. But the system is once again flawed.
I am so f#cking pissed about this. Again the Pac 10 gets little respect. Over the years the conference has done as well as any of representing itself in bowl games, so does not deserve this lack of respect. I can remember back to the 1970s where more highly ranked and heavily favored Big Ten teams would come out to play the Pac 10 (or 8) champion in the Rose Bowl and get sent home with a sound thrashing. Some supposedly great Michigan teams playing Jim Plunkett led Stanford teams come to mind.
I hope that Penn State totally annihilates FSU and the game becomes a laugher by half time, just because Oregon should be in that game not FSU. This is not about the best teams playing, it all about money. TV ratings. How many fans can a school send to help fill the stands? If they are going to have BCS rankings they need to assign the bowl games strictly by them, otherwise toss the entire system into the toilet where it belongs. The top 8 teams in the BCS ranking should automatically be in the Rose, Sugar, Orange or Fiesta Bowls. No ifs, ands, or buts. If not then junk this whole system.

I also hope that USC pounds Texas by about 70-0 just because I get tired of hearing comments by ignorant people who say the Pac Ten doesn't play good defense.

MrClean said:
I also hope that USC pounds Texas by about 70-0 just because I get tired of hearing comments by ignorant people who say the Pac Ten doesn't play good defense.

ummmm. Thats cause its the TRUTH.

:lol:

Considering the top 3 teams in the PAC10 are giving up 21 (USC), 23 (Oregon) and 33 (UCLA) points a game, its pretty ACCURATE, not ignorant, to say the PAC10 doesnt play defense.

LETS COMPARE SHALL WE!

Big10: PSU (16) OSU (14), Wisconsin (24)
ACC: VT (12), UM (12), BC (16)
SEC: UGA (14), Auburn (14), LSU (15)
Big12: UT (14), Texas Tech (19), Colorado (24)

And dare I even list the BigEast: :lol:
WV (16), Louisville (22), Rutgers (23)

So whos Ignorant? :lol:

(just a hint, the LOWER numbers are BETTER) :rofl3: And those are just the top 3 teams in the conference, it gets worse as we move down the division. Heck, Texas Tech, thats right, TEXAS TECH, is giving up a lower ppg than USC.

Fact: The PAC10 DOESNT play defense like any other power conference.

Philter25 said:
ummmm. Thats cause its the TRUTH.

:lol:

Considering the top 3 teams in the PAC10 are giving up 21 (USC), 23 (Oregon) and 33 (UCLA) points a game, its pretty ACCURATE, not ignorant, to say the PAC10 doesnt play defense.

LETS COMPARE SHALL WE!

Big10: PSU (16) OSU (14), Wisconsin (24)
ACC: VT (12), UM (12), BC (16)
SEC: UGA (14), Auburn (14), LSU (15)
Big12: UT (14), Texas Tech (19), Colorado (24)

And dare I even list the BigEast: :lol:
WV (16), Louisville (22), Rutgers (23)

So whos Ignorant? :lol:

(just a hint, the LOWER numbers are BETTER) :rofl3: And those are just the top 3 teams in the conference, it gets worse as we move down the division. Heck, Texas Tech, thats right, TEXAS TECH, is giving up a lower ppg than USC.

Fact: The PAC10 DOESNT play defense like any other power conference.

Your comparing of ppg stats would mean something if all the teams in question played like opponents. PSU allowed 16 ppg for example and that is all very well and good, but if USC played the exact same schedule it is entirely possible that would have had a similar number or even better for ppg allowed. Did you ever think that one reason why Pac 10 defenses have higher ppg allowed is because they for the most part play vs Pac 10 offenses? The Pac 10 generally represents itself well in non conference games. One game that comes to mind was Oregon State going down to Baton Rouge at the start of the '04 season and playing highly favored LSU to the wire.

Also...do you really think that Texas Tech would have a lower ppg than USC if Tech was in the Pac 10?

Your comparing of ppg stats would mean something if all the teams in question played like opponents. PSU allowed 16 ppg for example and that is all very well and good, but if USC played the exact same schedule it is entirely possible that would have had a similar number or even better for ppg allowed.
Thats all fine and dandy, so how am I supposed to compare them then? Since there are 119 teams in the NCAA or something like that, its impossible to play the same schedule. Therefore its an assumption that over the course of the entire schedule, teams will play good teams, and teams will play bad teams. No NFL team plays the same exact schedules, yet we compare each team against each other.

There are crappy teams in every conference that help out your PPG ratings. The PAC10 benefits from Stanford, Washington, Washington State, Arizona and Oregon State this year to help their defensive and offensive PPG. The BIG10, ACC, SEC, and BigEast all benefit from these same types of teams bringing up the rear of the conference. Its not like the PAC10 play against all offensive firepowers which keeps their defensive ratings horrible.

Did you ever think that one reason why Pac 10 defenses have higher ppg allowed is because they for the most part play vs Pac 10 offenses?
Actually I think the reason PAC10 offenses have higher PPG is because they get to play against PAC10 defense. :lol: Touche.

The Pac 10 generally represents itself well in non conference games. One game that comes to mind was Oregon State going down to Baton Rouge at the start of the '04 season and playing highly favored LSU to the wire.

Also...do you really think that Texas Tech would have a lower ppg than USC if Tech was in the Pac 10?
I can make the same argument for teams putting up better offensive numbers if they played in the PAC10. We were comparing conference vs conference.

The only way to compare is Bowl Games. We will see how from top to bottom the conference stand against each other.

Also another way to tell will be after the draft to see what conference has the most defensive players taken on the first day. That should give you a general idea of what conference is the best defensively.

I heard they changed the company sponsering the Orange Bowl...It's not FedEx anymore...It's metamucil..."The Orange Metamucil Bowl"

Cuban Dave 9 said:
I heard they changed the company sponsering the Orange Bowl...It's not FedEx anymore...It's metamucil..."The Orange Metamucil Bowl"
lol!!!! wow, that was funny. almost as funny as when cnc said it yesterday

Back
Top Bottom