PSU/FSU Orange Bowl Looking Like A Reality! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PSU/FSU Orange Bowl Looking Like A Reality!

SMadison29 said:
It's looking like:

Rose Bowl: USC v Texas

Orange Bowl: Florida State v Penn State

Fiesta Bowl: Notre Dame v Ohio State

Sugar Bowl: Georgia v West Virginia

Oregon & Miami get screwed this year out of a BCS bowl because of the Big LEast champ & FSU's fluke win.

fsu beat the teams they needed to beat and miami did not, end of story

You Miami fans need to get over yourselves. You lost to FSU the first game of the season and FSU beat VTECH. Seems like FSU is very deserving of the ACC crown this year. So what they lost 3 games in a row but you know what they beat the 3 teams they needed to beat to be ACC champs.

And whomever thinks this is a fluke win obviously wasn't watching the same game I was. Sure it ended up being a 5 point win but FSU dominated VTECH in every facet of this game.

And this year most people aren't gonna give a rats *** about the other BCS games, they got the biggie in USC vs Texas.

Nublar7 said:
Wow, what a great Orange Bowl game that would be. Two legendary coaches facing off for the very first time. Go FSU, finish off VT! I want to see you guys in the Orange. :)

That is not true. On December 28, 1990, Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden faced off in the inaugural Blockbuster Bowl at Joe Robbie Stadium. I was at the game and still have the plastic cup from that night. I think I may also have the game program but I'll have to check around for that. But it will be great to see that matchup one more time.

It does suck that a team with 4 losses is playing in the second most prestigious bowl game of the year (Orange, Jan. 3) while a team like Oregon, whose only loss was to USC, can't get into the BCS. Can't fault FSU for that. But the system is once again flawed.

I really think Paterno and Bowden should sign an agreement to have at this WWE style. Only it should be WINNER retires.

Honestly, win or lose, I think one of them might retire after this game. if its JoePa, proving everyone wrong and going out against the guy who is running the race with you for the most career wins with a win might be the way to go.

He would have regained himself if he wins and retires. He would have been one second away from causing total BCS chaos again, would have taken his team, who most people thought were 4th best in the Big10, to the Orange Bowl and he would have beaten his running mate in Bowden.

The same can be said for Bowden winning the ACC as an extreme underdog after your team practically gave up agains Florida and beating PSU who is hands down the best 1 loss team in the nation and beating his running mate in the race for most career victories.

It would be a great story for the winner of the Orange Bowl to retire and a good note to go out on.

Philter25 said:
I really think Paterno and Bowden should sign an agreement to have at this WWE style. Only it should be WINNER retires.

Honestly, win or lose, I think one of them might retire after this game. if its JoePa, proving everyone wrong and going out against the guy who is running the race with you for the most career wins with a win might be the way to go.

He would have regained himself if he wins and retires. He would have been one second away from causing total BCS chaos again, would have taken his team, who most people thought were 4th best in the Big10, to the Orange Bowl and he would have beaten his running mate in Bowden.

The same can be said for Bowden winning the ACC as an extreme underdog after your team practically gave up agains Florida and beating PSU who is hands down the best 1 loss team in the nation and beating his running mate in the race for most career victories.

It would be a great story for the winner of the Orange Bowl to retire and a good note to go out on.
Joe isn't going to retire. PSU is his life, plus with those freshman receivers, he could be back in a BCS game very soon.

Orange Bowl sucks. They put a 2 ticket limit when you order tickets! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOU!

Philter25 said:
Orange Bowl sucks. They put a 2 ticket limit when you order tickets! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOU!
Yeah I know. :(

Plus I have to wait until Friday until I know if I got them or not.

Nublar7 said:
Joe isn't going to retire. PSU is his life, plus with those freshman receivers, he could be back in a BCS game very soon.
Eh I wouldnt go that far. I was bold enough to think we would win the Big10 this year but I dunno.... we are losing a lot on defense. Figure King will be our starting CB next year but the rest of the secondary is still a huge question mark. If Poz stays in school, him and Connor can hold down the LB fort. We are losing Hali on the Dline so that hurts also.

Offensively, JoePa screwed up in not redshirting Morelli. We lose Smolko but from what everyone says, including Smolko, the TE who is going to step in is supposed to be incredible. WR wise we are set for the next 3 years and we have Hunt and Scott back at RB and BranDon Snow at FB back again. Morelli is the only Q on offense.

I dont think we will beat Ohio State again next year just due to the number of players we are losing on defense. Also Poz's stock is pretty high so Im not entirely sure what he plans on doing. I hope he doesnt declare but financially it might be a good move for him....

We shall see though. Hopefully we can get a few more committments from top recruits.

nuthin like an 8-4 team makin the BCS Bowl game.

WooHoo Go ACC keep doin that and ya will be the conference
without and automatic bowl bid in 2008.

Lets GOOOOO!!! Mountaineers!!!

Go Phins!

Back
Top Bottom