PSU, NOT LSU, is #3 Team in the Nation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PSU, NOT LSU, is #3 Team in the Nation

Philter25

MORE COWBELL!!!
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/abcsports/BCSStandings

Heh. Sorry DD28. :lol: Looks like if Texas or USC lose, we are first in line for the pickens. ;)

Six teams in the BCS standings benefited from Georgia Tech's 14-10 upset win at Miami on Saturday.

On Monday, the Hurricanes dropped from No. 3 to No. 9 in the BCS, allowing Penn State, LSU, Virginia Tech and Ohio State to each slide up one spot in the standings behind USC and Texas, which remain entrenched in the top two spots. Oregon took the biggest step, entering the fray with a jump from No. 10 to No. 7, ahead of Notre Dame. The Irish also improved a spot to No. 8, thanks to Alabama's loss, which dropped the Crimson Tide to 14th.

ether79 said:
But it now looks like there might possibly be a LSU vs. PSU Orange Bowl. That would settle the discussion. :saberfigh

No chance whatsoever. LSU will play in the Sugar Bowl.

The "anchor teams" will be slated in their bowls. SEC winner goes to the Sugar Bowl and the ACC/Big East winner gets slated in the Orange Bowl. The Orange Bowl gets to choose its anchor team this year and there is no way they pick the Big East team. Therefore FSU/VATech will be slated in the Orange Bowl. The rest of the spots therefore get "drafted"

Draft order is Fiesta (because they lose their "anchor team" to the BCS championship in Texas), Orange, Fiesta, then Sugar.

Therefore, the ONLY way PSU can play LSU is if the Fiesta Bowl passes on Penn State twice and the Orange Bowl passes on Penn State once. There is no way that the Big East winner will be chosen over PSU in any Bowl game.

Therefore its pretty much impossible for PSU to play LSU. The only way they will play each other would be is Texas AND USC lose and PSU and LSU were #1 and #2 in the BCS.

Philter25 said:

The "anchor teams" will be slated in their bowls. SEC winner goes to the Sugar Bowl and the ACC/Big East winner gets slated in the Orange Bowl. The Orange Bowl gets to choose its anchor team this year and there is no way they pick the Big East team. Therefore FSU/VATech will be slated in the Orange Bowl. The rest of the spots therefore get "drafted"

Draft order is Fiesta (because they lose their "anchor team" to the BCS championship in Texas), Orange, Fiesta, then Sugar.

Therefore, the ONLY way PSU can play LSU is if the Fiesta Bowl passes on Penn State twice and the Orange Bowl passes on Penn State once. There is no way that the Big East winner will be chosen over PSU in any Bowl game.

Therefore its pretty much impossible for PSU to play LSU. The only way they will play each other would be is Texas AND USC lose and PSU and LSU were #1 and #2 in the BCS.

True I wasn't using the brain there for a second.

:lol: You're usually on the ball. I'll let this one slide. ;) Technically though, it IS possible that they could play in the Sugar, but the chances of that happening are pretty far fetched and financially dont make any sense for the Orange Bowl or Fiesta Bowl.

Right now, I think its a safe bet to say that there is a 99% chance that LSU will play the Big East winner in the Sugar Bowl if LSU wins the SEC.

Philter25 said:
:lol: You're usually on the ball. I'll let this one slide. ;) Technically though, it IS possible that they could play in the Sugar, but the chances of that happening are pretty far fetched and financially dont make any sense for the Orange Bowl or Fiesta Bowl.

Right now, I think its a safe bet to say that there is a 99% chance that LSU will play the Big East winner in the Sugar Bowl if LSU wins the SEC.

yeah I guess I'll still go with my earlier thought..PSU v. ND Fiesta :sneak: :dunce:

Wow, I am surprised that LSU is that far behind Penn State. Even with the Hurricanes loss they didn't manage to move up a spot in the computer polls. At this point, I doubt LSU will be able to make up the points unless the absolutely destroy whoever they face in the SEC title game and even that might not be enough. It looks like I will be forced to change my name to UCLAFinFan or CUFinFan for the next couple of weeks.

I heard its very possible for a PSU/VT Orange bowl and ND/? in the Fiesta

Philter25 said:

Yeah, he's right. We are a lock for the Sugar Bowl. It sucks too because we'll be toying with West Virginia. :rolleyes:

I would love to see a Penn St./LSU matchup though. Very low-scoring and tough-fought.

...But of course LSU would win.

SpeedRush99 said:
I heard its very possible for a PSU/VT Orange bowl and ND/? in the Fiesta

After thinking about it I think it will be an OSU v. VT Orange bowl.. I could be wrong though.

PSU will either be in the Fiesta against ND, the Rose Bowl if someone loses, or in the Orange against VT/FSU.

I think it depends on who wins the ACC. If FSU wins the ACC and the Fiesta Bowl takes ND with its top pick, PSU goes to play FSU in the Orange Bowl no questions.

However if VT wins the ACC and the Fiesta Bowl takes ND, I think the Orange Bowl would have a toss up here. If they take Penn State, a PSU/VT matchup is WAY too regional. They would be losing money. Financially, it would be a better move to take OSU for an OSU/VT matchup and have PSU/ND in the Fiesta.

However if the Fiesta picks PSU first, then the Orange will snag ND and I would be inclined to believe the Fiesta would probably take Auburn or Oregon or another at large team thats not OSU.

I think its going to be PSU/ND Fiesta and a VT/OSU Orange Bowl. Financially that makes the most sense, and we all know what the Bowl games are about. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

DolphinDevil28 said:
Yeah, he's right. We are a lock for the Sugar Bowl. It sucks too because we'll be toying with West Virginia. :rolleyes:
actually USF will blow you guys out ;)

DolphinDevil28 said:
Isn't that such a shame? I really wish Miami would not have lost, because we might have seen an LSU/Miami sugar bowl.
No chance. It would have been a PSU/Miami Orange Bowl if Miami didnt lose.

Unless LSU made the Rose Bowl, they were slated for the Sugar Bowl and unless Miami made the Rose Bowl, they were slated for the Orange Bowl.

Im disappointed they lost also, I would have loved to see Penn State beat up on DAH U. I would have called Michael Irvin personally to rub it in. :lol:

The SEC and ACC are "anchor" conferences. They will always play in the Orange Bowl and Sugar Bowl until the BCS changes or unless they both make the National Championship game. There is no other possible way Miami would have played LSU.

Back
Top Bottom