QB Controversy Already Starting | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Controversy Already Starting

I blame the team. They need to name a stater and stand by him unitl he gets beat out. This "open competition" crap has everyone unsure.

All they are doing is babying Fiedler.

All bullcrap, the last 2 qb practices Feeley has been lookin good. H eneeds time to learn the new system. SHEESH!!!

As much as I cringe at thought of Fiedler or Feeley leading us into battle, picking up Warner or Collins is no improvement. Stick with what we`ve got.

fin-atic said:
I blame the team. They need to name a stater and stand by him unitl he gets beat out. This "open competition" crap has everyone unsure.

All they are doing is babying Fiedler.

If the team did this, the starter would be Fiedler. You correctly pointed out that we're talking about a guy who has started something like 13 games between college and the pros. The FO can't make that move unless they want to look like idiots.

There is nothing wrong with open competition, and there is nothing wrong with these articles even if they are annoying.

Jimmy James said:
If the team did this, the starter would be Fiedler. You correctly pointed out that we're talking about a guy who has started something like 13 games between college and the pros. The FO can't make that move unless they want to look like idiots.

There is nothing wrong with open competition, and there is nothing wrong with these articles even if they are annoying.

I disagree. It is bad for team chemistry and it makes it hard for fans to get excited about the season when they are fragmented about the QB position.

Name the starter and then let the other compete to remove him.

Question to the group.....why should Feeley start now? If he were a straight up 2nd round pick, wouldn't most folks agree that he needs some time before becoming a starter? W/ his limited playing time he doesn't have much more experience then someone right out of college. Seems to me that if he doesn't win the starting job this year then he would have had enpough reps and actually game experience (we KNOW Jay will go down) to master the offense and be the solid #1 QB for the following year. I know we need to win now...but the upside to Feeley may not become apparent for awhile. I think AJ will win this thing out right...but it wouldnt come as a surprise if they let Jay start the season w/ AJ chomping at the bit and pushing Jay....isn't that the way other teams usually do this?

I have to say that I think little could be more distracting than naming Fiedler as the starter and then having weekly or even daily "is he or isn't he?" questions. That sort of stuff is what I think would kill team chemistry.

I also really don't think what we gave up for AJ means anything. That's a decent price for a backup QB in this league because a team needs two QBs.

Jimmy James said:
I have to say that I think little could be more distracting than naming Fiedler as the starter and then having weekly or even daily "is he or isn't he?" questions. That sort of stuff is what I think would kill team chemistry.

I also really don't think what we gave up for AJ means anything. That's a decent price for a backup QB in this league because a team needs two QBs.

It's not the 2nd pick that I think everyone is talking about, even though that's apart of it..it's the contract, for the phins that's starting money. and if he proves himself then you can bet that price will go up, ie. Tom Brady.

I guess I am just anti-Fiedler fan. We should have got a QB that we would know would start right off the bat. It is crazy everybody knew we needed a QB change at the end of the season I think it is kind of crazy to get a qb to compete against Fiedler in camp because they don't know who is better.

Noland said:
I guess I am just anti-Fiedler fan. We should have got a QB that we would know would start right off the bat. It is crazy everybody knew we needed a QB change at the end of the season I think it is kind of crazy to get a qb to compete against Fiedler in camp because they don't know who is better.

Who would you suggest?

Back
Top Bottom